Moz's prime= Your Arsenal/Vauxhall

Kevaxe2k2

I was watching some vids from that era and it occured to me that era 92-94 was the pinnacle of Moz solo. The sound, the band, the looks, the music---kinda depressing knowing he won't reach those heights again. Anyone else agree?

it's depressing that no one has reached those heights since then. and by the looks of it, there is currently no one close to it.

i would extend one year each way the height of his career...1991-1995

;) ;)

I was watching some vids from that era and it occured to me that era 92-94 was the pinnacle of Moz solo. The sound, the band, the looks, the music---kinda depressing knowing he won't reach those heights again. Anyone else agree?

Nah, I watched a New York 2000 gig on You Tube last night and the set list was one to die for.
Moz is like good wine....he gets better with age.

'Vauxhall' for me, is without doubt his best album. it's absolutely superb. Chock full of good songs from start to finish, perfect running order, the best musicianship, the best lyrics and vocals. It's just perfect for me.

Agreed, BUT, Moz has aged with his fanbase. He now makes mature music and ROTT is a beautiful album. Moz does not hang on to the past unlike most other bands who turn up pot bellied and bald trying to be teenagers. The music Moz makes is entirely in line with his age and style, very smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ringleaders reached number 1,so why does everyone hark about the old days?He is just as successful now-but the worlds moved on with downloads and I think its a bad move to churn out singles that are on the album.Now if he were to release a new single only track it would fly in at number one.The new download rules didn`t help the chart postions of late either.If at the least he remains a great touring artist that would be a feat(he needs to be loved)I do remember the 80`s with such fondness though as i was a teenager then but he`s in his prime as well now.Personally though I`ll still be buying his stuff when my teeth have fallen out,and I rely on a zimmer to get me to concerts(what a thought-Moz in his dotage!!!!!!).

Moz released some amazing singles during 1988-1990. I look back on that time as a Morrissey/Smiths fan with a lot of fondness and nostalgia.

Morrissey will always be in his prime.
Quality is never out of style.

Morrissey will always be in his prime.
Quality is never out of style.
he dresses better now... he has always changed his style in clothes, come to think of it. but for me it's 1992:)

he dresses better now... he has always changed his style in clothes, come to think of it. but for me it's 1992:)

Ah yes, he looked great in gold lame and cobalt blue, didn't he?

He's come a loooooooong way from the days of hearing aids, flowers in the back pocket, and and those hideous blouses :p !

Ah yes, he looked great in gold lame and cobalt blue, didn't he?

He's come a loooooooong way from the days of hearing aids, flowers in the back pocket, and and those hideous blouses :p !

but in 1992 all the band looked cool.

Back
Top Bottom