Mozzer Matters Blog: "Top Ten Morrissey Moments 2019" (December 27, 2019)

iamnotadogonachain.jpg

https://mozzermatters.blogspot.com/2019/12/top-ten-morrissey-moments-2019.html

A summation of Morrissey's year by one fan in top ten form.
Regards,
FWD.

Gordyjoy, your small statue has actually been discussed behind the scenes here for quite some time.
bastards,if I find out whose been talking down to me theyr getting it.and theres too many midget jokes for a start.
what did the midget say when I asked him for a pound---sorry im a little short.
what do you call a psychic midget wanted by the police----a small medium at large.
why you shouldnt hire a midget chef----the steaks are too high.
a man went to court for fingering a midget-===the judge said, I never thought you would stoop so low.

phranc at least you have a sense of humour.

Sorry, but no. Your comments here are way off because I was talking about factual things.

Firstly, no I don't criticize "most parts of Morrissey's earlier solo works". Of the first 6 studio albums, 3 of them got a great reaction and 3 of them got a mediocre reaction. Those are the facts. It is also a fact that after Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted were released Morrissey didn't release anything for many years. The cancellation of the Bona Drag studio album is also a matter of fact.

As for your comment about the past 3 or 4 albums of original material, you are entitled to your opinion of course. But please don't pretend that your opinion is superior to everybody else's or that it tallies with the consensus.

When there was a poll on this board to rate the albums, I believe it was Kill Uncle and Southpaw Grammar that came out bottom of the pile. There is a discussion going on on another board right now and, of the albums rated so far, Kill Uncle and Maladjusted are at the bottom and well below the likes of Years of Refusal and Ringleader of the Tormentors.

And when it came to the reviewers, they certainly rated everything from You Are the Quarry through to World Peace Is None of Your Business much higher than they rated the 3 maligned earlier albums.

And I don't say that as someone who defends everything that Morrissey releases or says recently (Low in High School, for example, was another album to get mediocre reviews). But just as someone who doesn't romanticize the past and can see that there were many obvious issues with Morrissey's solo career between 1988 and 1997. That's why he was nearly finished at the age of 38, after all.
some good points,when world peace came out it got some great reviews even from the nme,infact the reviews where better here than in America,usually the other way round.listened to it for the first time in a while and there is some great stuff on it,who would ever have thought M would use handclaps in a song.fantastiche.

Sorry, but no. Your comments here are way off because I was talking about factual things.

Firstly, no I don't criticize "most parts of Morrissey's earlier solo works". Of the first 6 studio albums, 3 of them got a great reaction and 3 of them got a mediocre reaction. Those are the facts. It is also a fact that after Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted were released Morrissey didn't release anything for many years. The cancellation of the Bona Drag studio album is also a matter of fact.

As for your comment about the past 3 or 4 albums of original material, you are entitled to your opinion of course. But please don't pretend that your opinion is superior to everybody else's or that it tallies with the consensus.

When there was a poll on this board to rate the albums, I believe it was Kill Uncle and Southpaw Grammar that came out bottom of the pile. There is a discussion going on on another board right now and, of the albums rated so far, Kill Uncle and Maladjusted are at the bottom and well below the likes of Years of Refusal and Ringleader of the Tormentors.

And when it came to the reviewers, they certainly rated everything from You Are the Quarry through to World Peace Is None of Your Business much higher than they rated the 3 maligned earlier albums.

And I don't say that as someone who defends everything that Morrissey releases or says recently (Low in High School, for example, was another album to get mediocre reviews). But just as someone who doesn't romanticize the past and can see that there were many obvious issues with Morrissey's solo career between 1988 and 1997. That's why he was nearly finished at the age of 38, after all.

No, no and no again. In the liner notes to the reissues of the two albums, which are supposed to be so lousy, Morrissey says that he would have liked to preserve the age of that time (37/38) forever. So he can't have felt that uncomfortable. Both albums have been prominent in the live repertoire after his comeback.

I say it is a question of belonging and age. The majority of the fans who follow him unconditionally (and somehow blindly) at the moment came later. Later means for me: around the year 2010. I give a f*** on reviews. Not everyone who likes or even loves Morrissey's 90s material writes on morrissey-solo too. From my own environment, I can tell you that those who are 45+ will always prefer the solo works 88-04; including Maladjusted, Kill Uncle and Southpaw.

No, no and no again. In the liner notes to the reissues of the two albums, which are supposed to be so lousy, Morrissey says that he would have liked to preserve the age of that time (37/38) forever. So he can't have felt that uncomfortable. Both albums have been prominent in the live repertoire after his comeback.

I say it is a question of belonging and age. The majority of the fans who follow him unconditionally (and somehow blindly) at the moment came later. Later means for me: around the year 2010. I give a f*** on reviews. Not everyone who likes or even loves Morrissey's 90s material writes on morrissey-solo too. From my own environment, I can tell you that those who are 45+ will always prefer the solo works 88-04; including Maladjusted, Kill Uncle and Southpaw.

Of course, that's nostalgia for you. :lbf:

And I didn't say anything about Morrissey feeling "uncomfortable" at that age. Simply that his career was in a terrible state at that time as evidenced by the 7 year gap between releases.

And if you are going to quote Morrissey about his own work, I presume you would also acknowledge that he rates his more recent albums to be among the best things that he has ever done. If you consider him to be such a good judge of his own work. ;)

So, to sum it up, there is only thing, that's really true and it was on Liam Gallagher to find out:

THE MOZ HAS A GOOD BIKE

little benny
New in: Signed Dropped Cabbage - very rare

£250

-little benny :greatbritain::knife:
52325_IMG-20191222-WA0004.jpg
I have to totally disagree with this nonsensical chart and its apprentice author.

Drum roll please :thumb:

Ddddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The BIGGEST!
The number 1
The Simon Cowell 1 million % BIG FAT YES
The Will I Am smash the the button spin the chair “ You were Bengasmic, pick me Benny”

Moment and number one highlight of 2019 was the ultra rare “Dropped Cabbage” (which made a thud ) When Harvest oooppps no! When BMG could be bothered to release “Steve’s Over”.
I signed it and passed it on to little benny to flog in the official BtBB :greatbritain::knife: Merch shop and Banksy bought it for an undisclosed four-figure-fee for a future project in 2020 ( Watch this space :brows:)
Sshhh don’t tell Banksy but we only wanted £250 for it.

Anyway enough about all that, I hope you’ve all had a fantastic Christmas and I’d like to prematurely wish you all the very best for 2020 (even Ketchupbum and Veganwanker but only for a minute and I won’t be getting in any kind of dialogue because as we all know they bore the shit out of me).

Big shout outs to Surface, Skinny, FWD, Amy, evennow,Gordy,rifke, BrummieBoy,JohnnyBarleyCorn,Alain W ,little benny,jukebox J,Peppermint,12”,Acton,Charlie Cheswick,CrystalSneezer,davidt,George Borrowski, Brian Eastwood(guitars) Caroline @ the pie shop, Costa @the chippy, a man escaped,Everyone at the fantastic pub on the beach @Morfa Nefyn in Wales-Land (near the golf course)
And also anyone who I have missed out. Please don’t be offended but it’s late and my head is Mellon Twistwed.

Sorry if you didn’t get a mention, I’m very approachable but only if I like you.
Just remembered someone to do with Carlisle (apologies) Boz? Biz? Bez?

Keep yer eyes out for future merchandise @ the official BtBB store.

GOODNIGHT X X X X

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Thanks for the holiday shout out Big Ben
All the best to you and yours as well!
Some great names in there like Johnny and Charlie
Lost to the stars perhaps.
Here is hoping 2020 has some good things in store
the BtBB
clear.png
:greatbritain::knife: store of course!

- evennow -

Thanks for the holiday shout out Big Ben
All the best to you and yours as well!
Some great names in there like Johnny and Charlie
Lost to the stars perhaps.
Here is hoping 2020 has some good things in store
the BtBB
clear.png
:greatbritain::knife: store of course!

- evennow -

:rolleyes:

Barnaby thats the bottom for you,
waxing nostalgic for these commie :turban: trolls.
what would happen if they find out over where you live
in Offakanooffee where you live, that you have gone babushka?:rage:

Oy.
Barnaby are they going to shoot off pellet guns over at the old
folk home new years eve?:lbf:

little benny

£250

I have to totally disagree with this nonsensical chart and its apprentice author.

Ddddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The BIGGEST!
The number 1
The Will I Am smash the the button spin the chair “ You were Bengasmic, pick me Benny”

Moment and number one highlight of 2019 was the ultra rare “Dropped Cabbage” (which made a thud ) When Harvest oooppps no! When BMG could be bothered to release “Steve’s Over”.
I signed it and passed it on to little benny to flog in the official BtBB :greatbritain::knife: Merch shop and Banksy bought it for an undisclosed four-figure-fee for a future project in 2020 ( Watch this space :brows:)

Anyway enough about all that, I hope you’ve all had a fantastic Christmas and I’d like to prematurely wish you all the very best for 2020 (even Ketchupbum and Veganwanker but only for a minute and I won’t be getting in any kind of dialogue because as we all know they bore the shit out of me).

Big shout outs to Surface, Skinny, FWD, Amy, evennow,Gordy,rifke, BrummieBoy,JohnnyBarleyCorn,Alain W ,little benny,jukebox J,Peppermint,12”,Acton,Charlie Cheswick,CrystalSneezer,davidt,George Borrowski, Brian Eastwood(guitars) Caroline @ the pie shop, Costa @the chippy, a man escaped,Everyone at the fantastic pub on the beach @Morfa Nefyn in Wales-Land (near the golf course)
And also anyone who I have missed out. Please don’t be offended but it’s late and my head is Mellon Twistwed.

Sorry if you didn’t get a mention, I’m very approachable but only if I like you.

GOODNIGHT X X X X

Skinny, Barnaby is still swooning having made it to the list of the Islamic Skinny troll losers. Collapsed right there during the years end shuffle board old folks tournament.:straightface: Had to place a lizard on him to revive the old coot.:(

Not a single mention of his bigoted outbursts, how strange.

This reads just like another litany of wafer-thin praise, when we all know that failing a Smiths Reunion, his career is so far down the shitter, the bacteria at the sewage works have begun their grim but necessary duty.

He's in trouble in the UK that's for sure - half the pre 2018 fan-base has told him to foxtrot oscar unless he retracts his idiotic comments.
But he can keep touring elsewhere easily enough. Unlikely to get a new record deal though, at least the kind he's been used to in the past.

. Not nice when grown adults start telling lies about each other.... is it !!!!
Bad to Worst Countdown
10. Morrissey's latest record
9. Morrissey's latest post
8. Morrissey's detractors
7. Morrissey's fans
6. Uncle Skinny
5. Picture of Morrissey without a shirt
4. Sam Etsy Rainer
3. Morrissey-Solo
2. Morrissey
1. David T
Don't forget Morrissey's hair and Morrissey's lack of style, which includes his choice of pants and that green sparkly Liberace inspired thing he wore in concert. Tough year to be a Morrissey fan for sure.

little benny

£250

The BIGGEST!
The number 1

GOODNIGHT X X X X

Thanks Benny! Wishing you, Little Benny and the dropped cabbage a very happy new year, hoping for big things on the merch front in 2020.

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
DJ lePew top ten years end

10 another year without the dumb comet blowing up the earth
9 flowery shirt
8 huge white new fake snaggle tooth
7 Jr opening sadly unsold mini gig due to lack of funds
6 stupid tattoos all over himself
5 another year no forum for the little sod
4 continued cancellation of multiple mini tiny gigs
3-singing lessons AGAIN didnt stick
2-more bitchy drama in twitter over continued lack of success
1 ridiculous brown dog ear like patch on cheap wig doubles in size
:expressionless:

Since when was disagreeing with Morrissey bullying? Somewhat anti free speech to say that, wouldn’t you say?

OK boomer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom