Mr. Demos YT: "Jeane" & "Wonderful Woman" early demos premiered (January 3/4, 2020)

A new channel popped up yesterday with a premiere for a demo of these things take time I asume to be the Troy Tate version because of the length

Added by joe frady:

They are pretty ropey, but then history often is.

"Slowly degrading in a box since 82/83"...well, haven't we all?

So, Mr Demos is 'premiering' "These Things Take Time" on the 1st of June 2020...

Birthday Gift from Joyce, Michael...?

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I’d love for the dream to be real, but - I just can’t hear Morrissey at all. I think someone is having some fun
I'm finding it tough with regards as to why in the first place.
Dale's recorded segments were listenable and captured the formation of the song.
If I was in a band and wanted to revisit my work hammering out a tune and another band member said: I'll record it...
To then play back that noise - well, I wouldn't be very happy.
I had various tape recording devices in that time period and I can't think of anything I ever recorded (including live bands) that had me struggling that hard to hear/discern what I might have heard when recording.
Oxidisation doesn't effect the tape in that manner either IMHE.
If Mike announces these as some hobbyist effort to run a tape recorder discretely somewhere and gives a good reason for the sound - I'd be much happier about it.
Unfortunately, this just leaves me asking why on earth would he bother keeping that on tape when the results were so poor. It really doesn't reflect even the earliest tape recorder's abilities and some only had tiny/pinhole mics if you didn't buy an external one. I don't want to downplay someone sharing potential treasure, but there's always that what if in deciding the validity of things given some of the lengths trolls go to.
Ho hum.
It may all come out in the wash - healthy scepticism required.
Regards,
FWD.

Sorry, I’d love for the dream to be real, but - I just can’t hear Morrissey at all. I think someone is having some fun

A hoax ?

;)

'Mr DEMOS': "but this is the product you get when it's left in a basement under/behind/beside other stuff"

Sure. If that other stuff includes CHERNOBYL :crazy:

Mind you, to a drummer these probably sound like sweet choons...

I'm finding it tough with regards as to why in the first place.
Dale's recorded segments were listenable and captured the formation of the song.
If I was in a band and wanted to revisit my work hammering out a tune and another band member said: I'll record it...
To then play back that noise - well, I wouldn't be very happy.
I had various tape recording devices in that time period and I can't think of anything I ever recorded (including live bands) that had me struggling that hard to hear/discern what I might have heard when recording.
Oxidisation doesn't effect the tape in that manner either.
If Mike announces these as some hobbyist effort to run a tape recorder discretely somewhere and gives a good reason for the sound - I'd be much happier about it.
Unfortunately, this just leaves me asking why on earth would he bother keeping that on tape when the results were so poor. It really doesn't reflect even the earliest tape recorder's abilities and some only had pin hole mics.
Ho hum.
It may all come out in the wash.
Regards,
FWD.

Yeah, I’m trying to understand the why of it too.

But, if A Matter Of Opinion pops up, will we believe it then ?

Guitarsound is more Billy 'the Cult' D.

Indeed you don't hear some drumming or bass, all Marr's guitar, and Morrissey singing is very soft...so could be early bedroom tapes, or upstairs Joe Moss

2 great songs on albums

"Jeane" made me doubt but "Wonderful Woman" sounds so like Morrissey's voice and tone and articulation in the beginning of the Smiths. He sounds pretty much like on the Butterfly Collector bootleg... The guitar parts on each track is so biting, shame about the quality really.

This shows again how beautiful a song 'Jeane' is. Completely underrated and left out on any non-album tracks compilation - why? And this version shows that it could have been much more than the version that was released.

theyr genuine but also genuinely bad.

Someone is usin' a sewing machine in the background.
Were they experimentin' with avant-garde instrumentation?
Did the band consider wearin' costumes at one point?
This could be a early clue.

Wow, Morrissey sounds truly awful on "Wonderful Woman" - no wonder they couldn't find a drummer or bassist at first. Kudos to Johnny Marr for seeing something amazing in Moz and sticking with him!

Demo made before Johnny learned to tune his guitar. Johnny's tin ear was rather apparent. :hearnoevil:

That's the digital age for you. If something sounds a bit different, it must be a hoax.

This was nearly 40 years ago. Any of those who recorded onto cassette back then will know that we were all left wondering whose voice had made it onto the playback, because it sounded nothing like ours did in our heads.

These are real.

You can also hear where Suede stole from when they weren't stealing from Bowie.

They're obviously genuine. Morrissey's vocals were pretty bad in 1982. He got much better at singing within the next year or so.

Wow, Morrissey sounds truly awful on "Wonderful Woman" - no wonder they couldn't find a drummer or bassist at first. Kudos to Johnny Marr for seeing something amazing in Moz and sticking with him!

He really does. He improved quickly, thank God!

Another:

20200106_132840.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom