My dad has prostate cancer

Half_a_Person

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday
Yesterday, my dad got a call from the nurse from Northwestern Hospital about his biopsy he took last week and was gonna find out if he can travel again. I overheard on the phone that the nurse was giving him his test results, but the scary part was when I heard he was tested positive for prostate cancer. After he was done, I came to him and told him what I've heard. I was really scared and prayed to God that I want him to be cancer-free. I'm just glad it's as small as a nickel and also he hasn't felt any symptoms (i.e., having trouble peeing or feeling back pains), 'cuz God would want him to be better than usual, and so does my mother while she's up there. So, on Friday, he'll be going to the clinic inside Northwestern Hospital and the doctor will tell him what he will need for treatment, and possibly he might need surgery, too.

This is really sad news, I hope it is treated and he gets better as soon as possible.

My thoughts are with you x

I'm sorry to hear this. How scary for you. I hope you get good news on Friday. My grandfather has prostate cancer, and he is doing very very well.
Best of luck to you and your mom & dad.:pray:

Thanks for the support guys. I also talked to my aunt last night and she was telling me that it wasn't as bad as I thought.:( The reason why I was very scared is that I love my father VERY much and he's the only parent I have since my mother passed away about three years ago. Saturday's the third anniversary of her death.:tears:

heard a feature on this subject on bbc radio2 uk not long back, think the key is an early diagnosis to a full recovery so fingers crossed you will be ok by going to the docs (i know a lot of men hate the docs and put things off) so your dad has done the right thing to get tested, best wishes and keep us updated.

:( I am sorry.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

My grandfather-in-law has had recurring prostate cancer for the past 20 years. He's no longer even alarmed by it. Snip snip.

I hope it all goes well. It most likely will. *pat* *pat*

Really sorry about your dad... it's always sad when someone we love gets ill and specially with something like this. :(

Try not to worry too much, being strong and acting normal will help your dad at lot more than if he sees you sad or upset. My dad had another type of cancer a couple years ago.. I was really concerned, even left my life to be with the fam and everything, but in the end things worked out better than expected and he came out great from it.. Really hoping you dad's treatment goes well, and you both come out of this being stronger people. hugs <333333333

So sorry :(

You should get your Dad Lance Armstrongs book "It's Not About The Bike"...I gave a copy to my Father-in-Law when he had his cancer diagnosed and he really found it really inspirational...he's fully recovered now (Lance AND my Father-In-Law! :))

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Its-Not-Abo...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245417153&sr=8-3

You should read it too...our copy got passed around our entire family and it really helped us all to remain positive.

Thinking of you and your Dad...

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
my dad just told me today that he has moderate prostate cancer. :( he's going monday to discuss treatment.

My dad discussed to the doctor about the treatments yesterday and what was recommended for him was internal radiation. It's suppose to kill off the cancer cells. Also, he'll be going there five days a week for six or seven weeks. My uncle (my dad's brother-in-law and childhood friend) had prostate cancer about a couple years ago and went through the same treatment (where my dad's gonna go to) and since then, he's 95% cancer-free.

sorry to hear of anyone getting such a scary diagnosis

strength to all

Back
Top Bottom