'My Hurling Days Are Done' and 'Once I Saw The River Clean' Teasers

Gaetano

Half A Person
I believe these are simply recorded while on playing a record player, so the sound isn't as clear
My Hurling Days Are Done:

Once I Saw The River Clean (snippet):

I really hope Jim Jim falls is the next release if there is to be one. Hurling days sounds nice. Ready to hear it with better sound

I really hope Jim Jim falls is the next release if there is to be one. Hurling days sounds nice. Ready to hear it with better sound

I think if there’s going to be another song released before the album release, it will be ‘Once I saw the river clean’ if you notice, in the hashtags on the snippet it says #morrisseynewsingle. And the person who owns that Instagram account appears to be ‘In the know’.

I really like the sound of ‘Jim, Jim falls‘ but I don’t think a Chorus that appears to encourage suicide, will ever be played on British radio. But then I suppose none of the songs so far have anyway, so who knows. It doesn’t look like we’re going to get a physical release of any of the “singles” either.

I'm not sure Esparza or similar getting the record early and then recording it near a speaker constitutes being too in the know :)
(and leaking tracks isn't exactly something the person using their art at times would probably sanction).
I'd take that hashtag with a pinch of salt - a lot of that 'notice me' image making and repeating information from places like here on their own socials has seen some over enthusiastic 'guesses' at times too. Look to Apple, Spotify, Amazon & Google for any potential new pre-album track.
Instant grats have replaced the notion of tangible single releases and Morrissey hasn't caught up with that concept very well and if It's Over was anything to go by (see hellish timeline), we probably won't see any for a while.
Regards,
FWD.

I'm not sure Esparza or similar getting the record early and then recording it near a speaker constitutes being too in the know :)
(and leaking tracks isn't exactly something the person using their art at times would probably sanction).
I'd take that hashtag with a pinch of salt - a lot of that 'notice me' image making and repeating information from places like here on their own socials has seen some over enthusiastic 'guesses' at times too.
Instant grats have replaced the notion of tangible single releases and Morrissey hasn't caught up with that concept too well and if It's Over was anything to go by (see hellish timeline), we probably won't see for a while.
Regards,
FWD.

I wasn’t referring to their early vinyl copies, I’m friends with Rosy, the person who shared these clips on Facebook and they are very good at predicting next singles and when they’re being released etc. I don’t know what kind of connection they have, they might just know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone. But the information is too regular and correct to be purely guess work.

I'm quite familiar with who shared what and sources for said.
I was pointing out that the use of a certain hashtag by that part of the CA 'fandom' isn't hugely indicative of anything and is exactly how information gets warped and then spread as 'definite'. It could well be the next track pushed out, but (and what would I know eh?) it is equally worth remaining open to the idea that someone is getting carried away when sharing a friend's recording of a record that one shop couldn't hold on to until release day.
I would love some clear examples of 'too regular and correct' as a lot of recent information is directly lifted from here (even down to punctuation) or collated from the same external sources.
The music interests me, but the interrelationship between SER and several of that fandom doesn't :)
Regards,
FWD.

I'm quite familiar with who shared what and sources for said.
I was pointing out that the use of a certain hashtag by that part of the CA 'fandom' isn't hugely indicative of anything and is exactly how information gets warped and then spread as 'definite'. It could well be the next track pushed out, but (and what would I know eh?) it is equally worth remaining open to the idea that someone is getting carried away when sharing a friend's recording of a record that one shop couldn't hold on to until release day.
I would love some clear examples of 'too regular and correct' as a lot of recent information is directly lifted from here (even down to punctuation) or collated from the same external sources.
The music interests me, but the interrelationship between SER and several of that fandom doesn't :)
Regards,
FWD.

I would hope so. The hashtag is what gave me the fright. It’s just that lutewhine I think mentioned it being single worthy and his opinion of his newest material being not so favorable I took that as a good sign. Then when even the haters took a moment to sayJim Jim falls sounded good I figured we needed that as the next single. Here’s hoping

I'd take that hashtag with a pinch of salt - a lot of that 'notice me' image making and repeating information from places like here on their own socials has seen some over enthusiastic 'guesses' at times too. Look to Apple, Spotify, Amazon & Google for any potential new pre-album track.
Instant grats have replaced the notion of tangible single releases and Morrissey hasn't caught up with that concept very well and if It's Over was anything to go by (see hellish timeline), we probably won't see any for a while.
Regards,
FWD.
Totally different than your mention of "I still live with the guilt of leaking this album a bit earlier than the 16th," then.

Totally different than your mention of "I still live with the guilt of leaking this album a bit earlier than the 16th," then.
Erh, yes. Totally different.
I don't circulate in those particular groups (nor ever have) - where very publicly sharing things early could be perceived badly by 'the powers that be'. I had nothing to lose by sharing early in 2009 which, again, is completely different to the situation in this case - where they are known quantities doing the leaking.
The point made earlier by myself has zero to do with my humorously made comment you chose to place here and the 2 situations are not at all related.
Hope that helps.
FWD.

Erh, yes. Totally different.
I don't circulate in those particular groups (nor ever have) - where very publicly sharing things early could be perceived badly by 'the powers that be'. I had nothing to lose by sharing early in 2009 which, again, is completely different to the situation in this case - where they are known quantities doing the leaking.
The point made earlier by myself has zero to do with my humorously made comment you chose to place here and the 2 situations are not at all related.
Hope that helps.
FWD.
Of course not. The thing to keep in mind is that it's bad when someone else does it. I don't really get your reasons but all of that is totally relevant in some way, I'm sure. :thumb:

Of course not. The thing to keep in mind is that it's bad when someone else does it. I don't really get your reasons but all of that is totally relevant in some way, I'm sure. :thumb:
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but as you went to the trouble of trying to tie my behaviour to that of the above:
I leaked an album to some here in 2009 without advertising the fact and only referring to doing so 11 years later (things regarding record shops getting things early were much different then - I didn't do what they have above). I am not known to the clique of people who perceive themselves close to the 'inner circle' because they email SER or talk to Jay, Alex or people who have contributed 'montages' that get used on Central or on stage et al - therefore didn't have any care or concern when sharing to a small audience on this site privately.
The way it is being done here - publicly, traceable and by people who are indirectly deemed 'trusted' is too obvious and although great for our ears, perhaps not great for them in the long run in the trust stakes. The record shop will probably get some grief too as they were daft enough to advertise their bad practice on socials. I am not attributing anything 'bad' from my own POV - I am asserting that it can be seen as 'bad' by the person they are so keen to be noticed by.
I don't give a stuff who shares whatever, but my point was someone might if it's too blatant.
There's no more to it than that.
Regards,
FWD.

Something new!
I’m not a dog on a chain main theme

Back
Top Bottom