My Sad Obsessions With...

Sir Alec

Anorak
What bands/artists have you ever been obsessed with.

I admit to liking Pulp just as much as Morrissey and the Smiths. Same goes for Suede, Roxy Music, Blur, and the Cure.

I know everything there is to know about them.

How would you define 'obsessed'?

But if you mean wanting to have every single song off them, in every format, (and bootlegs etc) than my (past) obsessions have been Echo and the Bunnymen, The Triffids, Lloyd Cole (and the Commotions), REM (until 1992) and Suede (until 1997).

Nothing beats (or comes close to) my Moz-collection though.

They'd be Bowie, David Byrne & Talking Heads, Suede & The Tears, Edwyn Collins & Orange Juice, Lou & The Velvet Underground, Pet Shop Boys, Pulp, New Order and Roxy Music, Bryan Ferry & Brian Eno. At one time or another, I completely immersed myself in the careers of all of these artists

Obsession.....What a wonderful word!!

Current- Smiths/Moz, Pixies, Joy Division, The Cure, Jesus and Mary Chain

In the past- Sonic Youth, Siouxie and the Banshees, Diamanda Galas, Lords of Acid, Sisters Of Mercy, Ministry, White Zombie, NIN, Manson, Smashing Pumpkins, and Nirvana. [Teenage youth, drugs, and certain friends are responsible for a couple of these, please dont' judge...lol]

I should be shot for this, but in the 80's as kid I thought Michael Jackson and Madonna were cool, also I had an intense obsession with Timbiriche, Gloria Trevi, and Mickey when I lived in Latin America. :o

Not a musician, but I'm deeply in love and extremely obsessed with the girl on my avatar, I want to have a baby with her.
She's my penpal.......should I let her know or is it too weird/sick? anyone?

Last edited:
i know EVERYTHING about U2.(i didnt know where they will be by now,so dont object)

Did you watch BONO on Larry King the other day with the guy from the Shriver/Kennedy family? BONO is not only a fat b*tch, he's aslo a punk who kept on cutting off the poor Shriver guy [who actually knew much more than BONO on the subject being discussed....world hunger/poverty] All BONO did was promote the GAP[child labor/sweat shop company] and those fugly converse shoes......Oh yeah! he also kissed major American @SS throughout the interview.....I think he praised Bush at least 10x. :rolleyes:

When I was 13 I was obsessed with Metallica. Then, during my teenage years, I had a big obsession with Pink Floyd (can't stand them nowadays), and later with the Beatles... in my early twenties it was Tom Waits... somewhere there was a year of Dylan as well... and, um, now it's Morrissey. There's also some newer artists that I'm developing an obsession with, especially Jens Lekman. Also the Fiery Furnaces.

I used to be obsessed with The Mission and The Sisters of Mercy, I think I might be developing an obsession with New Order, and I am (I know how sad this is nobody needs to tell me) obsessed with Robbie Williams. I KNOW its wrong, I don't care!:p

I have almost as many pictures of Roddy Frame on my wall as of Morrissey...

Can you point me to some good Wobbie boots? :p

Um, I'm really sorry, but no! I'm not much of a fan am I? I've just never really come across them. I'll have a look and see what I can find for you lovely Chica

tom waits and elliott smith

might be developing a bit of an obsession with mr. damien dempsey but shh.. you didn't hear me say that

Obsessions include pete doherty/babyshambles/libertines, R.E.M., Stone roses/ian brown, Inspiral carpets, happy mondays, joy division/new order, oasis, charlatans (although it's kinda died down a bit) & ofcourse morrissey & the smiths.

Soundofthenorth, you have great taste, I am a massive Libertines fan, but good to see you like Inspiral Carpets. I have seen them almost 30 times across the country :) Other bands include the Auteurs, Ordinary Boys and the Housemartins. Oh of course, Bowie too.

When I was about 11, I was obsessed with Pulp

At about 14, I was obsessed with Nirvana. To embarrassing lengths.

This moved on to Hole. I was an ueber fan when I was about 15...

and then when I was about 18, I discovered The Smiths... :rolleyes:

Not a musician, but I'm deeply in love and extremely obsessed with the girl on my avatar, I want to have a baby with her.
She's my penpal.......should I let her know or is it too weird/sick? anyone?

You're penpals with Ann Coulter?!?

As for me, I have gone through obsessions with the Beatles, Beck, George Gershwin and of course, Morrissey/Smiths. Also, slightly with Johnny Marr.

You're penpals with Ann Coulter?!?

Oh God, NO!!! Ann Coulter is a monster! On the scale of evil, she's just one step below SATAN. She's the Hitler of our times. I'm a member of her site and read most of her columns....also enjoy her on Cable News, but it stops there........... she's pure entertainment.

My penpal is Janelle Pierzina [total sweetheart in real life, Buxom Blonde bitch on tv]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHkjbg4Ge9M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ZhdjwpZel
She came to LA to audition and is 99% likely going to be on Amazing Race soon, maybe with her bf from Detroit Lions.

used to be in the fan club for The Stranglers, when i was a wee lad.

also the television series The Prisoner.

the other bands i like a lot too but can't be bothered to write em down...
lots of sixties stuff and manchester stuff.

Back
Top Bottom