New album 'Low in High-School' (Nov. 17, 2017) on Etienne Records / BMG; Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10)

Morrissey announces new album Low in High-School - Manchester Evening News
by Simon Binns.

Morrissey is set to release his first new album since 2014.

Low in High-School will be released on November 17 on CD, coloured vinyl and limited edition cassette, as well as digital formats.

It will be the former Smiths' frontman's first album for BMG, which is also partnering with Morrissey on the launch of his new label, Etienne Records.

Low in High-School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes.

Low in High-School captures 'the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world.'

Korda Marshall (EVP of BMG) said of the signing: “There are not many artists around today that can compare to Morrissey. He is an extraordinary talent. He is prodigious, literate, witty, elegant and above all, courageous. His lyrics, humour and melodies have influenced many generations. The music on this new landmark record will speak for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to BMG.”

There are likely to be tour dates to promote the record - but for now, there is only one live show booked, at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on November 10.

As a solo artist, all ten of his albums have reached the Top 10 on the UK charts, including three entries at number one.

Following his debut solo album Viva Hate back in 1988, he has since released a number of critically acclaimed follow-ups including Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, and hugely successful comeback album You Are the Quarry after a five year hiatus in 2004.

Not quite a surprise 'drop' was it?
Perhaps some decent marketing in the build up - we can but hope.
Good news for a change!

Similar stories:

Morrissey Announces New Album 'Low In High-School' - Clash
Morrissey announces new album 'Low In High-School' - Irish Examiner
Morrissey announces new album 'Low in High-School' and US date - Newsdesk / Music-News.com
Released on BMG, the album will be preceded by US performances."
Morrissey Announces New Album Low in High School - Pitchfork
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ – and a huge gig - NME
Post-Punk run with the BMG office picture online:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ to be released this November

Regards,
FWD.

Also:
Morrissey to release new album, Low in High-School - Uncut. Link posted by Bluebirds.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been away long enough to ask you if that bubble in your eye dissolved and if your eyesight is as it should be again?

Yep, the bubble is gone but the eyesight is a bit disturbed.
Because the " macula has been open" when the retina needed to be restored and put on his place again during operation.
With my right eye I can see as good as it was. But the synchronized view with two eyes is not good yet.
The brain cells will need time to reconstucture a better image and it's going to take maybe 2 years, gradually getting used to it.
Thanks for asking Urbanus, that's nice!

For my information, I think you said something about some fruits being harmful for human consumption, especially when they are red, like strawberries and you never eat them.
And some of the blue prunes (on the outside) could be even cause cancer. I like all kinds of fruit but the red colour is some kind of warning sign to you? So it is dangerous?

Yep, the bubble is gone but the eyesight is a bit disturbed.
Because the " macula has been open" when the retina needed to be restored and put on his place again during operation.
With my right eye I can see as good as it was. But the synchronized view with two eyes is not good yet.
The brain cells will need time to reconstucture a better image and it's going to take maybe 2 years, gradually getting used to it.
Thanks for asking Urbanus, that's nice!

For my information, I think you said something about some fruits being harmful for human consumption, especially when they are red, like strawberries and you never eat them.
And some of the blue prunes (on the outside) could be even cause cancer. I like all kinds of fruit but the red colour is some kind of warning sign to you? So it is dangerous?

It must be annoying to go through that and the brain of couse plays a huge part but things are going in the right direction then it seems.

I know strawberries and many other things supposed to be good for you have oxalates that your kidneys won't like. Nature signals warning with the colour red so I believe one should avoid them although you are not likely to eat huge amounts all year round.

Some things like prunes but more so grapes come with a natural fungus that you should avoid to eat as it is basically mold. Then you have the natural sugar debate but I'm not a big believer in that unless you once again eat enormous amounts or eat it often.

Saying they are dangerous is a bit dramatic I suppose but since I myself had a kidney scare a few years ago I got a lot of info on the subject. Therefor I never drink water on tap and the c-vitamin debate if it causes kidney stones or not seems to be heading towards that they don't.

Cranberry is good for the urinary system and help you clean out infections but the oxalates are not good at all for the kidneys in the long run.

I'm not sure the fungus on the outside of prunes and grapes cause cancer but they add to the candida issue and I don't wanna bore people with that debate any further.

It must be annoying to go through that and the brain of couse plays a huge part but things are going in the right direction then it seems.

I know strawberries and many other things supposed to be good for you have oxalates that your kidneys won't like. Nature signals warning with the colour red so I believe one should avoid them although you are not likely to eat huge amounts all year round.

Some things like prunes but more so grapes come with a natural fungus that you should avoid to eat as it is basically mold. Then you have the natural sugar debate but I'm not a big believer in that unless you once again eat enormous amounts or eat it often.

Saying they are dangerous is a bit dramatic I suppose but since I myself had a kidney scare a few years ago I got a lot of info on the subject. Therefor I never drink water on tap and the c-vitamin debate if it causes kidney stones or not seems to be heading towards that they don't.

Cranberry is good for the urinary system and help you clean out infections but the oxalates are not good at all for the kidneys in the long run.

I'm not sure the fungus on the outside of prunes and grapes cause cancer but they add to the candida issue and I don't wanna bore people with that debate any further.

Then one should not eat mushrooms.

sexy_orig.jpg

Matches your face. Both unfcukable. But just thought I'd check..

How did that picture of your wife get on the internet anyway?

If only Steve had your comic timing when dealing with hecklers :rolleyes:. He wouldn't have had to walk off all those stages in the past like a big girls blouse cancelling performances whilst still trousering the proceeds.

A big thumbs up to all the Hollywood Bowel hecklers :thumb: shouting " Show us your 4king papers " and " Oh Baron Rafaele ! Oh Baron Rafaele ! " When big Stevey is trying to talk bullshiz between his heavy repetitive 57 minute setlist.

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele
#Switzerland is mine :moneybag:
#Because we must

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

If only Steve had your comic timing when dealing with hecklers :rolleyes:. He wouldn't have had to walk off all those stages in the past like a big girls blouse cancelling performances whilst still trousering the proceeds.

A big thumbs up to all the Hollywood Bowel hecklers :thumb: shouting " Show us your 4king papers " and " Oh Baron Rafaele ! Oh Baron Rafaele ! " When big Stevey is trying to talk bullshiz between his heavy repetitive 57 minute setlist.

#Because we must

No, no, no. If only he had your comedy magic.

How did that picture of your wife get on the internet anyway?

Another 'Morrissey-Solo' loser who knows the only way to gain any attention is to cling to my coat-tails. We've seen casualties like you many times. Nothing to say but you keep saying it. Nothing to add to the evolution of online insults but you trot out the old cliches anyway. Just think how much more attention you get every time you cling to me..& how little you get when you're on your own.

I'm pretty sure this album is going to be nothing more than a world peace part 2. You have the same producer,same Mucians,songs that were more than likely written around the same time the world peace ones were,and you have it being recorded in the same studio. I could be wrong but I'm guessing the studio in Italy may have been only used to sprinkle some of Errino's famous string arrangements? And I'm sure he's not over having the one or two tracks that feature Mexican influenced horns?

Again I could be wrong but,with all these similar ingredients in place I highly doubt we will see anything really too far of a departure from the last album.

I liked world peace,but I didn't love it.
Yes the music was a little bit fresher and there was a bit more thought put into the instrumentation; however, the vocal melodies did not seem as strong to me as on previous efforts.

Another 'Morrissey-Solo' loser who knows the only way to gain any attention is to cling to my coat-tails. We've seen casualties like you many times. Nothing to say but you keep saying it. Nothing to add to the evolution of online insults but you trot out the old cliches anyway. Just think how much more attention you get every time you cling to me..& how little you get when you're on your own.

See ya! (Wouldn't wanna be ya!)

See ya dont be wanna be ya:cactus: christ.
ffs, shouldnt you be fasting or something.:crazy:

See ya! (Wouldn't wanna be ya!)

There you go again! Sniffing my pheremones....you could never be me if you sucked me off for a 1000 days and nights......i'll send Taylor Swift to hiss at ya!...Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Bitch, findya fake-troll drama elsewhere, I ain't playin...

This is all so surreal TWO nights at the Hollywood Bowl AND a new album. Thank you Lord , prayers work:pray:

#Because we must

Just like Jimmy Saville, you love young girls.

That is correct and anything fungus spongey is out of the question.

Bye, bye to tagliatelle con funghi porcini for me then. :(
Think I'll have it with meatballs and tomato-sauce in stead. :rolleyes:
Oh, no can't do that either. It's murder.

You make me all crazy, you food-nazi's and veggie-fascists.
By the time I figured out what to eat and what not I am a corpse. And not because of booze and tobacco!
Not that anyone would care about that of course.:rolleyes:
And who wants to live forever anyaways?
Not me! :(

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom