New album releases 2021 - Anything worthwhile?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28602
  • Start date
If you like a modern take on Kate..

late 2020 single to promote the 2021 album release...

2021 full

Well, this was the info below to their YouTube upload, so that’s strange ....

Published on Oct 1, 2020
Provided to YouTube by Beggars Group Digital Ltd. Speed of the Sound of Loneliness · Kurt Vile Speed, Sound, Lonely KV (ep) ℗ 2020 Matador Records Released on: 2020-10-02

Definitely not a marketing bot. 😀 I've posted tonnes of threads on here. Mods can confirm that.

Good thread btw.

Yeah, good thread, it really helps to point out how much great music is not being made these days.

I know, it’s subjective though, blah, blah, blah...

btw, I am keeping an open ear.

If you like a modern take on Kate..

late 2020 single to promote the 2021 album release...

2021 full

Well, this was the info below to their YouTube upload, so that’s strange ....

Published on Oct 1, 2020
Provided to YouTube by Beggars Group Digital Ltd. Speed of the Sound of Loneliness · Kurt Vile Speed, Sound, Lonely KV (ep) ℗ 2020 Matador Records Released on: 2020-10-02

I wouldnt trust YouTube as an authority on release dates and would always check the label's release info first.

To solve the riddle for you:

The vinyl/CD release date was in 2021, the digital release was in 2020.

I wouldnt trust YouTube as an authority on release dates and would always check the label's release info first.

To solve the riddle for you:

The vinyl/CD release date was in 2021, the digital release was in 2020.

Ah so I was right. It was released in 2020.

Thanks for the info:thumb:

You were partly right, as the album was released in 2021 (physically) and 2020 (digitally).

Well you posted a song that was released in 2020.

And I replied ‘released in 2020’. Regardless of format.

So I was completely right.

I think this is from 2019. But thanks anyways. The Stephen Malkmus album of Can songs is from 2013. Interesting, though.

mhmm must have been when it went up on Spotify. Yeah that song is from 2019 which is why I said newish. They only put out singles which is a trend some new acts are doing these days. It makes me think of later day ride for whatever reason

They come from the place where Klaus Nomi lived for awhile with his mum.

That mommyheads album is a really pretty guitar album.

grouplove just put out a new album that’s different from what I remember them for. Sounds a bit grunge alt rock like Courtney love meets the flaming lips

grouplove - this is the end

grouplove - oxygen swimming

Review:

Dinosaur Jr. - Sweep It Into Space

Noise rock pioneers Dinosaur Jr. continue their post-reunion winning streak with this exuberant new set, co-produced by Kurt Vile.

Following on from 2016’s 'Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not,' J Mascis and co. have now solidified a run of albums which, for this writer's money, even betters their late 80s and 90s output. As ever, Mascis' Jazzmaster licks soar into the stratosphere as his slacker drawl muses over life and longing while bassist Lou Barlow and drummer Murph provide meaty backing, tethering the fuzzed-out solos and freakouts. In short, it's business as usual in the Dinosaur Jr. camp, but business is good, and there are still some subtle changes to appreciate.

Lead single, ‘I Ran Away,’ is one of the group’s poppiest cuts to date, followed in spirit on ‘And Me,’ a pure foot-tapping indie gem that evokes the heyday of college rock radio. The band has hardly gone soft in middle age, though, 'I Met The Stones' and 'Hide Another Round' boasting some Grade A riffage for the pedal connoisseur. Barlow's traditional two tracks also shine this time around, 'Garden' easily the most emotionally rewarding song he's fronted.

It's another touchdown for the guitar heroes, one we suggest cranking up loud and enjoying in the spring sunshine.

8/10

As someone already mentioned, the new Madlib album is pretty good.
Also:

Promises by Floating Points, Pharaoh Sanders and the London Symphony Orchestra. Some amazing orchestrated jazz that branches off into many different genres through its 50 minute runtime.

Palais D'argile by Feu! Chatterton. Excellent French art-rock/synth-pop just discovered recently. In the top 3 of the year so far for definite.

For the first time by Black Country, New Road. Could be album of the year so far: stellar post-punk excursions that evolve into epic stories and progressions.

Smiling With No Teeth by Genesis Owusu. Great soul/funk and R&B, with tongue firmly in cheek, that doesn't sacrifice some well-integrated social commentary and storytelling.

CARNAGE by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis. Cave completes a hat trick of introspective and synth-heavy albums that now draw upon the unfolding situations around us.

OK Human by Weezer. A surprisingly good chamber pop record from Weezer, throwing out some of the clichés that have haunted them in the past to make an engaging new album.

There have also been plenty of other great tracks as well as exciting albums to come.
Hope this is helpful!

Back
Top Bottom