New picture book on Smiths / Manchester places

Hi Everyone

New to this site but thought I should clear a couple of things up. The book I have produced (see M.E.N article). http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._just_270.html

I just wanted to make it clear that it wasn't only about the 'The Smiths' (as the M.E.N. seems to portay it) it has a couple of other projects in there too: 'Seaside Special' (images of Southport and Blackpool) and 'Salford Old/New' (contrasting images of Salfords changing face) and of course 'This Charming Town' (which is obviously 'The Smiths' project I did based on Phill Gatenby's lovely book).

As you may have read, all the images were taken with a £2.70 Russian camera I picked up on eBay from a guy named Vladimir. The Smiths project was my first venture with it.

This is a shameless plug! If anyone wish to aquire a copy they can do so either direct from myself of The Cornerhouse, R.I.B.A or The Lowry bookshop and all the images in the book are available on limited edition canvas frames or prints.

to preview a PDF visit: www.base-collective.co.uk/peterwright

Regards

Peter Wright
[email protected]

Hi Everyone

New to this site but thought I should clear a couple of things up. The book I have produced (see M.E.N article). http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._just_270.html

I just wanted to make it clear that it wasn't only about the 'The Smiths' (as the M.E.N. seems to portay it) it has a couple of other projects in there too: 'Seaside Special' (images of Southport and Blackpool) and 'Salford Old/New' (contrasting images of Salfords changing face) and of course 'This Charming Town' (which is obviously 'The Smiths' project I did based on Phill Gatenby's lovely book).

As you may have read, all the images were taken with a £2.70 Russian camera I picked up on eBay from a guy named Vladimir. The Smiths project was my first venture with it.

This is a shameless plug! If anyone wish to aquire a copy they can do so either direct from myself of The Cornerhouse, R.I.B.A or The Lowry bookshop and all the images in the book are available on limited edition canvas frames or prints.

Regards

Peter Wright
[email protected]

I like that a lot.

Peter

Wow!

From Russia with Love??

I have that Smena camera by the way, somewhere at my grandma's. It was my first camera, my dad gave me when I was 8.

Nice book, I shall buy it.

Hi Everyone

Regards

Peter Wright
[email protected]

WOW Peter.
That is lovely.

Well done!

I went to Zinc after the Friday Gmex gig, I didn't notice anything being exhibited? Just goes to show how much attention I was paying.

For those of you that have enquired, I don't currently have an exhibition of my LOMO images (From Russia with Love) but I am currently working to exhibit and I will infom morrissey-solo when I do and thanks for all your interest I've had emails from as far as Argentina.

For anyone that does place an order there is a FREE set of postcards (including 'The Iron Bridge' and 'Strangeways door'.

Thanks again
Peter

Back
Top Bottom