Morrissey Central "NEW RELEASE" (October 31, 2020)

Morrissey David Bowie, NYC ~ Linder.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-release

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is released on Friday 13th November.

The digital download / streaming will be followed by a 7-inch disc on 19th February.

Sleeve front and back photographs of David Bowie and Morrissey were taken in New York City by Linder Sterling.

'Cosmic Dancer' is a song written by Marc Bolan.

The additional track is a cover of 'That's Entertainment' by Paul Weller. It is not the version generally available on the internet from 1993.

'Cosmic Dancer' is supported by an upgraded and edited video made in Los Angeles by Tim Broad.

The video and 'That's Entertainment' are also available on 13th November.

This recording is on Parlophone and is released through Warner.

Artwork (above) has been prepared by Darren Evans.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would explain why it isn't on any order sheets. Given the uncertainty of 'lockdown' - digital seems prudent for now.
Darren Evans appears to have some interesting album art work credited to him.
Hopefully there will be decent digital platforms available - Google Music is no more and Amazon do not supply 320kbps.
Regards,
FWD.

My heart lurched thinking it was the interview.

There's a wee tribute to Sean.

Quite exciting news; I didn't even know he'd done this! I've heard Bowie was a bit of a knobhead in private, just read an interesting interview with Gary Numan on the subject.

I'll buy the 7".

Clearly a release being pushed by the Morrissey camp, and Bowie gets top billing, presumably for sales. Guess he can't block this now he's dead?

I can see this release causing lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Guardian-reading lefty mob on Twitter. On the one hand, they will feel compelled to buy it, as Bowie is their Teflon-coated 'can do no wrong' hero - yet Morrissey is the Dark Lord Satan himself, who they have all cancelled and denounced. What will they do? :lbf:

Great Morrissey news for once. Both of those tracks are great!

I can see this release causing lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Guardian-reading lefty mob on Twitter. On the one hand, they will feel compelled to buy it, as Bowie is their Teflon-coated 'can do no wrong' hero - yet Morrissey is the Dark Lord Satan himself, who they have all cancelled and denounced. What will they do? :lbf:
Buy it. Obviously.
It is indeed curious that Bowie’s name comes first.

Love to read a Guardian bashing comment, the things a rag.

grEEn vinyl

Clearly a release being pushed by the Morrissey camp, and Bowie gets top billing, presumably for sales. Guess he can't block this now he's dead?

It's on Parlophone Records which Bowie was on. Presumably Bowie's estate could have blocked the release like they blocked that new biopic from using any of his music.

You people truly live in your own little bubble of feeble-minded fiction.

Quite exciting news; I didn't even know he'd done this! I've heard Bowie was a bit of a knobhead in private, just read an interesting interview with Gary Numan on the subject.

I'll buy the 7".
I'm looking forward to reading Gary's autobiography. Might get it for XMas.

Yes Mr. Turkey, it is that live version, but with additional new production/re-mix by Boz.
The initial assertion by Central was the single A side was to be That's Entertainment, but was clearly incorrect.
Regards,
FWD.

I'm looking forward to reading Gary's autobiography. Might get it for XMas.
Christ, as if things weren’t shit enough: you’re counting down the days to a Gary Newman biography?

Is this how civilization ends?

Christ, as if things weren’t shit enough: you’re counting down the days to a Gary Newman biography?

Is this how civilization ends?
Not sure who Gary Newman is. I was talking about Gary Numan. If you don't like him, fine. There's no need to get so fired up and opinionated about it. I'd say the possibility of Halloween 🎃 fireworks has you on edge like a dog pissing itself.

Would explain why it isn't on any order sheets. Given the uncertainty of 'lockdown' - digital seems prudent for now.
Darren Evans appears to have some interesting album art work credited to him.
Hopefully there will be decent digital platforms available - Google Music is no more and Amazon do not supply 320kbps.
Regards,
FWD.

Is this the photo he wanted to use for the Playboys cover?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom