New set photos from 'Steven' - Rex

'Steven' on set filming, Manchester (5 photos) - Rex
3 May 2016

Photos: MCPIX/REX/Shutterstock

'War and Peace' star Jack Lowden plays Morrissey in the forthcoming biopic 'Steven' which is being filmed in Stretford, Manchester. The film follows Morrissey up to the formation of The Smiths.

38824_38818_5673507d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pssssst ! Walls have ears so I can only whisper this one.
I am actually an extra in this film ! Yikes :tearsofjoy:.
Nothing more to say until it's in the bag.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

looks more like a photo from a harry potter film.not a fan of that bag either,is their any early pics of mozz with a bag like that because in the seventies if you were walking about with a bag like that you would get battered.

another thing,REX should be reported for writing his name everywhere,,,vandal.

looks more like a photo from a harry potter film.not a fan of that bag either,is their any early pics of mozz with a bag like that because in the seventies if you were walking about with a bag like that you would get battered.

And called Pansie Pete.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

:thumbsup: Like x 27

It must be very difficult to play the role of Morrissey.

Especially when you look nothing like him. I know squat about English cinema but at the very least you think they would have gotten someone who vaguely resembled him to play the role. Unlike Brexit the jury is out on this one.

"At school, Morrissey seemed equally unconcerned about the opinion of others and saw nothing untoward about sporting a Levi handbag, manufectured from the backside from a pair of jeans." The Severed Alliance

Especially when you look nothing like him. I know squat about English cinema but at the very least you think they would have gotten someone who vaguely resembled him to play the role. Unlike Brexit the jury is out on this one.

I agree, this actor could play Marr better than Morrissey. His nose, lips, brows are quite different. Maybe his acting is so good he can make people don't pay attention to physique du rol.
British TV series are excellent. It would be wonderful a miniseries starred by the actor who seems to be the double of Morrissey. Are they related?

R I P Caroline Aherne
We're gonna miss you so much, sleep tight girl X

Benny-the-Broken-Hearted :greatbritain: :disappointed:

Ah, grumble, grumble and bitch...
You know you'll probably watch it anyway. At the time, I thought that Sam Riley was a poor choice to play Ian Curtis, and then Control turned out to be a pretty watchable film.

This just seems to be a sketch of miserable Manchester life in the 70's, and the forces that came together to take a bookish wallflower from the bedroom to the stage. It doesn't strike me as trying to be a flash n sparkle biopic.

Pssssst ! Walls have ears so I can only whisper this one.
I am actually an extra in this film ! Yikes :tearsofjoy:.
Nothing more to say until it's in the bag.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Really? Which day of shooting? I don't remember seeing an illiterate, balding c*** on set.

Yawn myself into a coma. The climactic scene will be Morrissey's interview in the dole office where he tells the fat civil servant he is too good to be cleaning up riverbanks. It will be a cliffhanger ending like Lord Of The Rings. Second Moz film starts with a scene from Woolworths with Moz sniffing some new stationary. Cue Johnny Marr oinking his nose up against the shop window as he mouths 'Oi thems pink post it notes them is'. Moz (or fake actor who bears an uncanny resemblance to everyone on the planet except Morrissey) raises a bushy eyebrow (via CGI invisible fish line and hook) and looks directly to camera: 'I know. I may be pink on the outside but I'm black on the inside'. Cue spontaneous cinema combustion across the UK (or whatever it is called after its just England left).

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom