New York Dolls book (Babylon books)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a certificate of authentication with mine too and they are numbered.
Great to have but in all honesty you are not missing much if you don't have this.

I was curious, is $300 a realistic price for this book, even in mint condition? Seems high to me, as there are signed LPs and books for a similar price.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I was curious, is $300 a realistic price for this book, even in mint condition? Seems high to me, as there are signed LPs and books for a similar price.
50+ pages only (version depending) and the print quality isn't going to win awards.
Mine will sit in storage as it doesn't really do much for me - even mint, that seems a bit steep.
That said, UK Amazon has buying options from £200-700 which is remarkable.
The reprint is probably the best option.
Much like Exit Smiling - it's nice to say you own a copy, but bargain hunting a copy is worth taking some time over and not impossible.
Regards,
FWD.

50+ pages only (version depending) and the print quality isn't going to win awards.
Mine will sit in storage as it doesn't really do much for me - even mint, that seems a bit steep.
That said, UK Amazon has buying options from £200-700 which is remarkable.
The reprint is probably the best option.
Much like Exit Smiling - it's nice to say you own a copy, but bargain hunting a copy is worth taking some time over and not impossible.
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks!

Thanks all for the insightful comments. I'm 'watching' the item on eBay now, see what happens. Seller also has Peepholism, I notice.

Hello all…I ended up here as I just found a copy I had forgotten about. It has Babylon books £1.50 on the back and no isbn or barcode. Are the original ones worth something?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been posted before!

SJ

Hello all…I ended up here as I just found a copy I had forgotten about. It has Babylon books £1.50 on the back and no isbn or barcode. Are the original ones worth something?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been posted before!

SJ
I'd say valuing is a bit more complicated in this case.
You'd think being an early copy (no barcode), that it would be more desirable, but to be honest, the '95 version with extra essay is probably more in demand.
The rarities group on FB would have an opinion on overall value, but personally, I'd stick it on Ebay with no reserve and let people fight it out.
Regards,
FWD.

I'd say valuing is a bit more complex.
You'd think being an early copy (no barcode), that it would be more desirable, but to be honest, the '95 version with extra essay is probably more in demand.
The rarities group on FB would have an opinion on overall value, but personally, I'd stick it on Ebay with no reserve and let people fight it out.
Regards,
FWD.
Thank you! I think I’ll put it back in the cupboard for a bit! The photos I’ve seen of this version online are in a really shoddy condition compared to mine which has been in a large comic bag for about 25 years! It was found in a secondhand bookstore for £4 so any increase is a profit! 😂

Tags
babylon books new york dolls
Back
Top Bottom