NME: “Johnny Marr gives his verdict on Blossoms and Rick Astley’s Smiths Covers Band” (September 17, 2021)

Not sure whether Johnny is keen on this or not, he seems pissed off that Blossoms never mentioned it to him when they met a few weeks ago - Well, I met The Blossoms a few weeks ago and they elected to not mention it. Nice.

NME article kindly supplied by @This Charming Bowie:

(2 separate discussions merged).

Related items:

so Surface, do you still think Johnny will want to make a guest appearance and play guitar? Lol.
Well I wanted to raise the question last night whether these concerts would include a guest appearence by Johnny Marr. Probably not than, but he was clearly hoping for an invitation.
FINALLY ! ....

NO MORE MR NICE GUY

You go Marr !!! :rock::guitar::cool:
Seems like he wants to be in control of the Smiths legacy.

Heads up, you and Ketamine are the “head cases” he’s referring to.

🙄 It's the people who jumped into his notifications to give him hassle for saying what he thought about something.

I know you're on the hunt for a new nemesis - but it's not me.

Well I wanted to raise the question last night whether these concerts would

include a guest appearence by Johnny Marr. Probably not than, but he was clearly hoping for an invitation.

maybe, seems it could be. He was upset he wasn’t told.

Seems like he wants to be in control of the Smiths legacy.

Maybe. For some reason Andy pulled out of doing the Classically Smiths thing, though we don’t know if Marr had a hand in doing that.

Btw be careful giving your opinions on this site or Verso might start attacking you also.

He is a SAD CASE.

🙄 It's the people who jumped into his notifications to give him hassle for saying what he thought about something.

I know you're on the hunt for a new nemesis - but it's not me.
The only thing anyone on this site is hunting for is a break from your pro bono PR missives, you’re fast approaching Dodwell status.

And what ‘assumptions’ are these, Surface?

Here you go, making assumptions.

Though he was obviously upset they kept it secret from him. So you think he’s sore that they didn’t invite him also?

speaking his mind FINALLY, but now he’s scared maybe he’s gonna hurt someone’s feelings ( damage his career?) running away with his tail between his legs

maybe, seems it could be. He was upset he wasn’t told.

Maybe. For some reason Andy pulled out of doing the Classically Smiths thing, though we don’t know if Marr had a hand in doing that.

Btw be careful giving your opinions on this site or Verso might start attacking you also.

He is a SAD CASE.
It is not unusual for artists to want to have some control over their legacy. They don’t mind dedicated cover bands making some money out of it (and there are quite a few in the case of the Smiths), but when big names get involve, it’s a different matter. It is not a dig at Johnny Marr per se.

Here you go, making assumptions.

Though he was obviously upset they kept it secret from him.
But he was upset the Blossoms didn’t tell him what they planned to do with Rick.
So you think he’s sore that they didn’t invite him also?
That’s a question.
speaking his mind FINALLY,

But he was speaking his mind.

but now he’s scared maybe he’s gonna hurt someone’s feelings ( damage his career?) running away with his tail between his legs

That’s my observation based on his contradictory tweets, and there’s a questioning in the middle.

I think if Marr has a problem with Blossoms the best thing he could do is not comment on it. Will somebody please show celebrities how to use social media with restraint!!

But he was upset the Blossoms didn’t tell him what they planned to do with Rick.

That’s a question.

But he was speaking his mind.

That’s my observation based on his contradictory tweets, and there’s a questioning in the middle.

Come on Ketamine, you're quite intelligent but you are second guessing what he's thinking ie, assumptions.

No I’m asking questions and posting
opinions based on the information
available.

Well the next few weeks will be telling, he and Blossoms are on the same bill at Old Trafford next weekend playing to 5ok Mancunians and then a few weeks after its the Blossoms/ Rick Astley Smiths gigs.

Well the next few weeks will be telling, he and Blossoms are on the same bill at Old Trafford next weekend playing to 5ok Mancunians and then a few weeks after its the Blossoms/ Rick Astley Smiths gigs.

Yes we’ll see.

I assume ;) he’ll play guitar with them for a couple songs just to show that he’s still the nice guy people expect him to be.

This world would be a better place if no one ever commented. Lol.
But it’s expected of them, and when they don’t, they still get attacked, or their old comments are just recycled.

Well now your getting into a a whole new world of shite. Every time my kids get in a tizzy about a comment one of their friends have made on social media, I remind them if they didn't have social media they would never have seen the comment!

:)

THE UNSPEAKABLE!:alien:
how can this happen FFS?
'JOHNNY f***EN MARR' NOT INVITED TO THE TRIBUTE?:swear

im beyond shocked, wigs will have to roll!:hammer:

Moz and Johnny must do something these guys are going to sing their songs and they are not going to charge tickets as a band that does tribute they are going to charge as if they made their own material, also Johnny said that he was with them and they did not mention that they would do these recitals., it is a scam Smiths fans should not go to see them. And it's obvious that Johnny is angry

I wonder what Moz will do, something has to say. Johnny already gave his opinion, negative obviously .Johnny was ignored by these guys, when they were with him they didn't say anything to Marr. That is not done is horrible ,!!! And they say they're Smiths fans

Don't have strong views on this, for or against, but interesting that Marr is pissed off.
I'm no music snob but I do think Astley's voice sounds pretty horrible on This Charming Man, (e.g. when he holds on to the notes for too long). Hopefully it'll sound better on the slower songs.
Astley has enjoyed a lot of success recently, selling around half a million copies of his last two albums in the UK so he's in a totally different commercial league to Morrissey, and therefore obviously isn't doing this for the money.
ja ja is only 💰💰💰💰💰💰is obvious ,NOT FOR LOVE...and if so Astley and B DONATE THE MONEY RAISED TO A BENEFICIAL WORK!!!!!!!

Tags
blossoms johnny marr nme rick astley smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom