NME discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
And how come Morrissey seems to have this hang-up with halal meat practices but not kosher meat practices? They are practically the same thing. I mean, I know why but I want to hear Nerak explain it away.

There’s probably a bit more to it, but Moz wouldn’t have given two shits about For Britain, had they not been fronted by an Irish, vegan, lesbian feminist who, like him, dreams about a long lost England.

There’s probably a bit more to it, but Moz wouldn’t have given two shits about For Britain, had they not been fronted by an Irish, vegan, lesbian feminist who, like him, dreams about a long lost England.

And if he had talked about her in that way, all would have been fine. Personally I think his UKIP comments were due to lack of a real world connection. At the time he was living in various places around the world and would only get a view of the UK from what he read in the press and we all know how they can paint a picture that suits their particular agenda. Do I think he's racist, no I don't and never have.

But he never mentioned being Vegan, Animal Rights, being gay etc if he had there wouldn't have been any controversy at all but he mentioned UKIP and then 8 months later Tommy Robinson , surely you can see why people became offended by him and yes context is everything but a lot of people don't see beyond the headlines.

He did - when trying to explain he talked about animals, fgm, being equal under the law - a campaign she started in her left-wing days. He mentioned Tommy Robinson in one sentence & immediately started talking about the cruelty of farming - which he thinks is deliberately covered up by the press to protect the meat industry.

He would still have got flack - but it would be the flack Extinction Rebellion gets. The would see it as part of his animal rights 'crankdom'.

He did - when trying to explain he talked about animals, fgm, being equal under the law - a campaign she started in her left-wing days. He mentioned Tommy Robinson in one sentence & immediately started talking about the cruelty of farming - which he thinks is deliberately covered up by the press to protect the meat industry.

He would still have got flack - but it would be the flack Extinction Rebellion gets. The would see it as part of his animal rights 'crankdom'.

But not on the live radio broadcast, remember at that time he had a huge following and a lot of people would have been listening and heard the UKIP thing and nothing about what you have posted. On the Tommy Robinson comment, as I said people only see/read the headlines and that arsehole is poison.

Don’t waste your time. It’s easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for Nerak to be the slightest bit honest about Morrissey.

Ok Jesus.

And how come Morrissey seems to have this hang-up with halal meat practices but not kosher meat practices? They are practically the same thing. I mean, I know why but I want to hear Nerak explain it away.

I don't have time to go through the whole video now, as it's already past my bedtime, but see the projected video around the 1:00 mark: America's Largest Kosher Slaughterhouse.

And let's not forget last year's "Say No to Thankskilling" T-shirt.

He doesn't in the way people think & she definitely doesn't dream of a long lost England. She's terrified of religious Patriarchy - before getting involved with secular anti-Sharia Law activism, she was attacking the Catholic church. The 'British' branding comes from the far right activists who recruited her. She was supposed to be a moderate cover but she's unstable.

But not on the live radio broadcast, remember at that time he had a huge following and a lot of people would have been listening and heard the UKIP thing and nothing about what you have posted. On the Tommy Robinson comment, as I said people only see/read the headlines and that arsehole is poison.

Anne Marie was active on the left for years & had been praised by Nick Cohen. It wouldn't have taken much digging to work out - & would have been more interesting than going batshit about Morrissey.

One sentence about a notorious grifter shouldn't have overshadowed every other thing he was saying. Esp as it's important to analyse potential pathways to the alt right.

Did the NME then psychically coerce Morrissey into making every other further-implicating-gesture throughout the rest of his career?
Morrissey did come under the microscope whilst others (Eric Clapton, Mark E Smith, Bowie, Public Enemy, Axel Rose, Elvis Costello, Shaun Ryder, Gary Numan, to mention but a handful) had a relatively easy ride—for their own questionable behaviours and statements.

Whatever anyone’s opinion of what Morrissey has said since, I think there are outstanding questions related to the coverage of Madstock which Nerak is addressing.

By 1995, the music press was simply fabricating lies about Morrissey—such as propagating a story that he was actually a secret carnivore (a story published in Select as I remember).

Nerak’s work provides some missing context and detail to the Morrissey ‘debate’. And I’d go as far to say that she is on her way to generating a rather significant cultural tome. We should, I feel, be supportive and thankful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffs - he was asked about it in an interview with on Central & he denounced Kosher. And all animal slaughter.

But the 'hang-up' is the Guardian said objecting to Halal was racist & they only did that as a cheap shot because he'd also called pro-Islam, hard left politican George Galloway a liberal educator.

Ffs - he was asked about it in an interview with on Central & he denounced Kosher. And all animal slaughter.

But the 'hang-up' is the Guardian said objecting to Halal was racist & they only did that as a cheap shot because he'd also called pro-Islam, hard left politican George Galloway a liberal educator.
You referring to that same “interview” where he says “halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of ISIS”?

He didn’t even bring up kosher slaughter, the “journalist” did and he just said “yeah.”

:laughing:

You referring to that same “interview” where he says “halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of ISIS”?

He didn’t even bring up kosher slaughter, the “journalist” did and he just said “yeah.”

:laughing:

It was brought up because it was a question that people had been asking. And he'd clearly been trying to find reasons why religious vetos shouldn't be allowed in animal welfare.

The 'journalist' was Sam.

And if he had talked about her in that way, all would have been fine. Personally I think his UKIP comments were due to lack of a real world connection. At the time he was living in various places around the world and would only get a view of the UK from what he read in the press and we all know how they can paint a picture that suits their particular agenda. Do I think he's racist, no I don't and never have.
Yes, I think you’re right.

He doesn't in the way people think & she definitely doesn't dream of a long lost England. She's terrified of religious Patriarchy - before getting involved with secular anti-Sharia Law activism, she was attacking the Catholic church. The 'British' branding comes from the far right activists who recruited her. She was supposed to be a moderate cover but she's unstable.
I didn't know most of this! Thanks Karen!

Morrissey did come under the microscope whilst others (Eric Clapton, Mark E Smith, Bowie, Public Enemy, Axel Rose, Elvis Costello, Sean Ryder, Gary Numan, to mention but a handful) had a relatively easy ride—for their own questionable behaviours and statements.

Whatever anyone’s opinion of what Morrissey has said since, I think there are outstanding questions related to the coverage of Madstock which Nerak is addressing.

By 1995, the music press was simply fabricating lies about Morrissey—such as propagating a story that he was actually a secret carnivore (a story published in Select as I remember).

Nerak’s work provides some missing context and detail to the Morrissey ‘debate’. And I’d go as far to say that she is on her way to generating a rather significant cultural tome. We should, I feel, be supportive and thankful.

Speak of the devil, extensive article on Eric Clapton in the new Rolling Stone.

Yep, I can see that but the NME had nothing to do with his Maida Vale comments, in fact their review was pretty good with only a passing reference to the UKIP comment.
Morrissey has always been Euro-sceptic (a perfectly legitimate standpoint), and he was an advocate of Anne Marie Waters when she stood for the UKIP leadership. I expect his reasoning was associated with her emergence from the left of the political spectrum (as Nerak has suggested). I personally feel he just continued to support her.

The people from the NME with the vendettas have either moved on (Danny Kelly) or are similarly carrying on but elsewhere, with less and less people interested (Tim Jonze). Others have dropped dead, apparently destroyed by their own bile (Steven Wells). So the deep-seated hate for Morrissey is slowly ebbing in the music press: indeed the reviews for World Peace and Dog were surprisingly positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bunch of short-sighted knobheads on here. Incredible. :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom