Noel Gallagher interview (Morrissey mentions) - Manchester Evening News (15 June, 2019)

Noel Gallagher told us what he thinks of Brexit, Jeremy Corbyn, Nigel Farage, his brother Liam and Morrissey. He didn't hold back - Manchester Evening News
M.E.N. EXCLUSIVE: The former Oasis star sits down for an interview with CityLife

Excerpt:

We're here to discuss Gallagher's new EP, Black Star Dancing - but the conversation takes a political turn when we get onto the subject of Morrissey, who he says he'd love to write a song for.

How does the man who was once pictured sipping champagne with Tony Blair at Number 10 reconcile the former Smiths frontman's controversial outbursts with his own beliefs?

"People's political beliefs are their own. If that's what he believes in, that's what he believes in," Gallagher says.

"I believe in something else. We're all entitled to our own opinions. I think we live in a society now where everybody who has an opinion, someone will tell them to their face: 'You're f***ing wrong.' But who are you or anybody to say your opinions on anything are wrong, you know what I mean?

DA36E68F-70C0-4BB9-AE53-9C3E3AA961C3.jpeg

Posted by Famous when dead:

'Official' shows interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well apart from Radiohead who blew suede out of the water.

Suede have no progression. Still having pictures near London underpasses
Ah now. The Blue Hour is ace. Night Thoughts is ace. I think they have progressed and here's another thing: you can hear Brett's words. I've never been able to understand a word Thom Yorke sings without googling the lyrics.

If you say so, you racist c***.

If you think your desire to let Muslim rule the roost makes you a better person think again. If I am racist because I dont want muslims around who gives a f***. Your little shame game "your racist" is childish.

I've not seen that before, could you imagine if Morrissey said those words? Not that I disagree with Noel, I have respect. Proves a lot of things to me listening to that, mainly that the Guardian, Dave Haslam, Tim Booth, NME, Moby, the list could continue,, but they all just want to attack Morrissey at any available moment, why have these people or publications not attacked Noel for his words in this video?
because like Ricky Gervais certain people get an easy ride.

If you think your desire to let Muslim rule the roost makes you a better person think again. If I am racist because I dont want muslims around who gives a f***. Your little shame game "your racist" is childish.

Show me the post where I said that or f*** off you troll wanker.

Yes, thats what 'surface' (aka Skinny) wants have peeps suck Muslim D like they do.o_O
They have to do it, so they feel better if everybody does it.:eek:

Tomorrow morning, rewrite your post in a way that makes sense. If you struggle to do that, then stop posting you f***ing idiot.
As requested I have viewed my post again, it makes perfect sense, worded correctly, as far as I can see. You are a silly person, it would be fair to say your knowledge is limited, you really should research the subjects which you dive into head first. I cannot understand people having strong views on subjects they clearly know little or nothing about, it would appear your main knowledge is obtained whilst collecting your children from school, which seems strange to me. So come on, we all make mistakes, time you grew up.

Interesting, I think 2 uk citizens have been beheaded by lunatics, to put that into perspective, Peter Sutcliffe (the yorkshire ripper) bludgeoned 13 women to death.
Yes let's put these beheadings into perspective. Hilarious.

Isn’t that Rollins who was the third and most known vocalist for black flag
It was an analogy as if Lydon was hogging the mic and the rest had no chance to speak. Aka a lead vocalist and a bunch of drummers on stage.

No, I think you're projecting your own feelings onto Noel. He spoke very objectively

What he's really saying is "I don't agree with him but he's entitled to his opinion... and who am I to say that he's wrong?"

Funny as he said he's would work with him. God knows they both need it. Moz is now a world wide joke and Liam is out classing Noel.

Funny how you ignore the bit when he said in essence: who's to say his opinion or anyone's is wrong?

Who are you to be so sure that M is wrong and claim he's "gone downhill"?

Well if you consider smiths and early solo as up hill, he most definitely has gone down hill, in terms of lyrics and songs. In terms of looks he's aged awfully. By 41 he he looked 55. His reputation is now utterly lost to shambles.
His interviews are f***ing shit.
Who are we to say hes gone down hill? we are the fans who loved him, we are the fans who saw the magic. We are now the fans who can see hes f***ed it.
He's voice is great still but EVERYTHING else is gone.
Just look at the stupid mistakes he keeps making, look at the awful artwork, none brain dead comments.

Look forward in anger.

Yes but the huge difference is this. Noel will answer a question if asked in an interview.
Moz throws his opinions about all over the place. In interviews, asked or not. On record. Between songs at gigs, on tshirts and badges.
So of course Moz will get a bigger reply and the reply is people are walking away.
Leaving mainly those who are able to just enjoy the songs and don't care about him as a person, the die hard cult follower types and the new Trump type supporters.
It has to be admitted the new audience is pretty brain dead.
It's actually quite shocking how balls to the floor stupid they are.
Its a real shame it ended up this way.

Why people brush the evidence away is mad, he has admiration for Le Penn, AMW, Nigel Farage. He nods to Tommy Robson, ref in interview and 'free morrissey' merch based on 'free Tommy' tshirts, he talks in the divisive language of Trump he is even a fan of someone who does stuff with Richard Spencer.
Come on now, how much can you ignore?
He uses defensive tactics like Trump. slight of hand. Always blaming someome else etc. Even now pretending to be interviewed by imaginary interviewers, pretending he never said that which he said and even the fudging of chart placements.

None of this is wrong as such. It's just simple minded,weak, basic and desperate.
unimaginable for the pre 2000 Moz.

He could still turn it around yet.

Do one or two real interviews with a proper interviewer for news site or music site. Address subjects straight on.

Release his recorded lp this year.
The covers lp should have only been a stop gap release not the main one.
Do a few more residential shows. LA. San Francisco. Paris Seattle, Texas. Israel, Tokyo
When the New lp is released do proper interviews - radio, TV, magazines.

Maybe record with a new band.

But just shut the f*** up about the for Britain and the other shit.

Yes but the huge difference is this. Noel will answer a question if asked in an interview.
Moz throws his opinions about all over the place. In interviews, asked or not. On record. Between songs at gigs, on tshirts and badges.
So of course Moz will get a bigger reply and the reply is people are walking away.
Leaving mainly those who are able to just enjoy the songs and don't care about him as a person, the die hard cult follower types and the new Trump type supporters.
It has to be admitted the new audience is pretty brain dead.
It's actually quite shocking how balls to the floor stupid they are.
Its a real shame it ended up this way.

Why people brush the evidence away is mad, he has admiration for Le Penn, AMW, Nigel Farage. He nods to Tommy Robson, ref in interview and 'free morrissey' merch based on 'free Tommy' tshirts, he talks in the divisive language of Trump he is even a fan of someone who does stuff with Richard Spencer.
Come on now, how much can you ignore?
Hmmm I dunno. Let's see how much you can ignore...
Voiced support for Bernie Sanders, George Galloway, Hilary Clinton, Obama (though he withdrew support after realizing Obama wasn't particularly partial to the black community).
Said Corbyn was an "intelligent" man. And the list of right wingers he's knocked is practically endless.

Everything that initially sparked controversy in the Der Spiegel interview was asked to him directly. He didn't bring up Spacey/Weinstein and he obviously didn't know very much about it... but he spoke about it because he was asked to. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that he got controversy for the button to kill Trump. (The CIA got involved, for Christ's sake. Don't they have better things to do?) If he'd said no, I'm sure the media would rush in the opposite direction. Morrissey luffs trump!! The question was a trap.

Ah now. The Blue Hour is ace. Night Thoughts is ace. I think they have progressed and here's another thing: you can hear Brett's words. I've never been able to understand a word Thom Yorke sings without googling the lyrics.

Suede had there day. First two lps and the b side lp brilliant.
The rest good pop. Nothing original just good pop.
The blue Hour has two good songs at a push. It's way over done and fake. It's just a copy of DD by Bowie in a way.
Brett's a nice guy but he got blown out the water buy Jarvis, Liam and Damon.
Too busy thinking drugs are cool. He still goes on about drugs now. Bit of prat really. Good live though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom