Noel Gallagher

WhalleyRange

On 'Men's Hour' on 5 Live on Sunday at 9pm talking about 'his musical heroes the Smiths'.

Article: Noel Gallagher pays tribute to The Smiths - radio show Sunday 5th May ( BBC Radio Five’s Men’s Hour show)

Fellow guest on the show and BBC DJ Shaun Keavney casual mentions Morrissey is a "homosexual ". Now this is something often rumoured but its the first time I've heard that on air on the beeb as being a statement of fact. And before anyone retorts I know it's not a big deal blah blah. Just something that I was intrigued by....

Re: Article: Noel Gallagher pays tribute to The Smiths - radio show Sunday 5th May (

Fellow guest on the show and BBC DJ Shaun Keavney casual mentions Morrissey is a "homosexual ". Now this is something often rumoured but its the first time I've heard that on air on the beeb as being a statement of fact. And before anyone retorts I know it's not a big deal blah blah. Just something that I was intrigued by....

Noel Knobhead !!!!!!! Seriously ???? What does a tribute lookalike act of Parker off Thunderbirds bring to the table of Smiths discussion apart from the "Fu--in this and F u--in that man" and the "Yer know what a mean". L M A O !!!! There are loads of people who worked with the band get their take on it !! Honest to God ! Noel Knobhead dear oh dear !!

Yer know what a mean

Re: Article: Noel Gallagher pays tribute to The Smiths - radio show Sunday 5th May (

why seem a lot of people here constantly write about Morrissey's private life

Why not discuss He's a Catholic, wearing neckless witha holy cross with Jesus [ yes even before he forgave Him]

please put this sorta discussions to the forums, Pigsty forum is the place to be for you, if you register, ano.

Offcourse pays Noel tribute to the Smiths, Marr helped them, and leant him a guitar for their best album
' what's the story, Morning glory'..oh yeah Noel, and Liam are from Manchester too

What a coincedence, anyway nice Noel pays tribute in any way to the Smiths, which I think were very influential
for Oasis, and the Gallagher Bro's

again 2 cents, minus 1 for the grammar faults, but that's me, no Original comment celibate without southHolland Grammar

Why not discuss He's a Catholic, wearing neckless witha holy cross with Jesus [ yes even before he forgave Him]

please put this sorta discussions to the forums, Pigsty forum is the place to be for you, if you register, ano.

Offcourse pays Noel tribute to the Smiths, Marr helped them, and leant him a guitar for their best album
' what's the story, Morning glory'..oh yeah Noel, and Liam are from Manchester too

What a coincedence, anyway nice Noel pays tribute in any way to the Smiths, which I think were very influential

again 2 cents, minus 1 for the grammar faults, but that's me, no Original comment celibate without southHolland Grammar

I just want to say that this is a terrific statement. Every part of it is terrific! The subject of Morrissey being gay or not comes up from time to time and when it does my eyes glaze over with boredom. If Morrissey wants to open up to the general public, and his fans, and announce that he's gay, straight, or celibate then I think that's great. Or if he wants to continue to live his private life I respect that too. Frankly, I believe most people do. I could write a whole bunch of stuff but I honestly just don't care if Morrissey is gay, straight, or celibate. I like Morrissey and Love his music, and hope that he has a lot of joy and solace in his life.

I love what you wrote about Noel Gallagher as well, Celibate. You hit the nail on the head. Well written!

Last edited by a moderator:

So Johnny Marr solo helped Noel Knobhead then not The Smiths !
The Smiths did'nt lend him an axe did they ? None of their shiz songs sound anything like The Smiths do they ?
So "Parker" is more than qualified to talk about Marr but The Smiths ? Oh yeh I forgot he's from Manchester ! Sorry your right
Bellend

Re: Noel Gallagher pays tribute to The Smiths - radio show Sunday 5th May

Morrissey's sexuality doesn't intrigue me. A person stating unequivocally on air that he was gay did seem a little out of the norm. That was my point. I didn't intend for the paragraph to win the booker prize. Sorry for the horror I have clearly induced on your weekend though Celibate.

I really enjoy this. Worth a listen!

It was surprising how that DJ casually called to Morrissey as a homosexual. I noticed it too. From time to time people do. Maybe he never got the memo.

Morrissey's sexuality doesn't intrigue me. A person stating unequivocally on air that he was gay did seem a little out of the norm. That was my point. I didn't intend for the paragraph to win the booker prize. Sorry for the horror I have clearly induced on your weekend though Celibate.

I just listened to the interview and I fully understand what you meant Anonymous. I agree with you and Girlmostlikely that it was quite odd. I noticed the DJ was really stumbling over his words and having trouble articulating his viewpoint on Morrissey, and then he blurted that out so matter of factly.

I really enjoy this. Worth a listen!

Thanks for posting this! It was a fantastic interview, although I wish it would've been longer. Noel really represented himself well here and he truly loves The Smiths.

I just listened to the interview and I fully understand what you meant Anonymous. I agree with you and Girlmostlikely that it was quite odd. I noticed the DJ was really stumbling over his words and having trouble articulating his viewpoint on Morrissey, and then he blurted that out so matter of factly.

Maybe because these days, within ever increasing circles, it is a poorly kept secret.

I just want to say that this is a terrific statement. Every part of it is terrific! The subject of Morrissey being gay or not comes up from time to time and when it does my eyes glaze over with boredom. If Morrissey wants to open up to the general public, and his fans, and announce that he's gay, straight, or celibate then I think that's great. Or if he wants to continue to live his private life I respect that too. Frankly, I believe most people do. I could write a whole bunch of stuff but I honestly just don't care if Morrissey is gay, straight, or celibate. I like Morrissey and Love his music, and hope that he has a lot of joy and solace in his life.

I love what you wrote about Noel Gallagher as well, Celibate. You hit the nail on the head. Well written!

Thanks Justin for the support, hope at least
[besides you, you wrote that constantly in about every item, issues turn into that way, ot r that was my point which you supported]

1 more regular will stop on the mainpage going off-topic and stop that silly, juvenile way turning a seriues item into a jr. high school
way of writing about Morrissey private life , even it's so ridiculaous that they talk about a people around Morrissey who that may be,
and if it's a lover, stop that bullshit, and that's the reason solo goes soloW

I respect and stay a Morrissey solo regular, and have enormous respect for what David Tsjeng does and has done. and will do in the future
[when all's well]

Back
Top Bottom