Official Facebook NYC dates have been postponed

Morrissey’s NYC Concerts to be Postponed to a later date -

As New York City has now prohibited all events with audiences of more than 500 people from taking place due to the CoronaVirus pandemic…..

Morrissey’s launch concerts for his new I’m Not a Dog on a Chain album release, set for The Hammerstein Ballroom on March 20th and The Apollo Theatre on March 21st, have been temporarily postponed.

New dates for both events will be announced soon.
Tickets originally purchased for the concerts will be honored for the new dates.

Ticket holders have been asked to hold onto their tickets until the new dates are announced.

Once again, despite these events being beyond his control, Morrissey would like to apologize for any inconvenience and looks forward to returning to NYC to sing there as soon as possible .

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/Morrissey/posts/2777465332289990

Last edited:
A5BD347E-A023-4283-8B35-E271059D9716.png

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but the use of 'prohibited' makes me think maybe Moz thinks the concerts shouldn't be postponed. It almost sounds aggrieved and that NY is being heavy handed. I might be 100% off target with this.
"As New York City has now prohibited all events with audiences of more than 500 people from taking place due to the CoronaVirus pandemic….."

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but the use of 'prohibited' makes me think maybe Moz thinks the concerts shouldn't be postponed. It almost sounds aggrieved and that NY is being heavy handed. I might be 100% off target with this.
"As New York City has now prohibited all events with audiences of more than 500 people from taking place due to the CoronaVirus pandemic….."

Doubt it. Looks like an American wrote it & they tend to use more formal sounding language in announcements than we would.

I don’t understand the reason for postponement. The statement clearly said audiences of 500 or more people.

Yes. Prohibited. No mass event. Nada. I'm sad. But I can wait.

Yes in NYC city. No events nada zero. State of emergency. Wich is exaggerated but ok I can wait . So. Can someone post in you tube a complete video of London concert . And don't forget to wash constantly your hands. !!

Any new dates don't look like anytime soon. Looks like They are preparing for more closures: schools, mass transit. Will the event organizer offer a refund for ppl who can't make new dates? Ticketmaster seem to say it's up to them.

It's just a term used to declare the site is off limits. You're reachin'.

Moz didn't write the statement - it was written on his behalf.
I would imagine he's not happy about the cancellations - who is happy about what is happening in the world at the moment? And he was 100% right about calling out those live food markets in China. They have finally been banned - let's hope they stay banned when the crisis has passed.

QUE MORRISSEY HAGA LOS RECITALES DESDE SU CASA???, ¿¿¿NO PODRIA REUNIR A LA BANDA EN ALGUN LUGAR Y TRANSMITIRLO ON LINE COMO ESTAN HACIENDO ALGUNOS MUSICOS,???NO SE COMO SE MANEJA ECONOMICAMENTE ESTO,PERO ES UNA OPCION,Y ASI LO VERIAMOS TODOS EN EL MUNDO, EN VIVOOO!!!ESTE VIRUS TIENE UNA TASA DE INFECCION ALTA POR LO CUAL SE DISEMINA BASTANTE RAPIDO,ES MAS SERIO DE LO QUE SE CREE,INCLUSO D TRUMP SUBESTIMO EL PROBLEMA,Y EN EEUU CADA VEZ HAY MAS CASOS Y EN LOS ANGELES SE ESTA PONIENDO CALIENTE EL TEMA!!!!!

Great review in The Telegraph, posted by @Famous when dead

For some reason I can't post in the thread. It tells me I need to enter a valid message. ?

I don’t understand the reason for postponement. The statement clearly said audiences of 500 or more people.
think you better up your game,ths was not up to your usual low standards.whereas me and low standards go hand in hand.

L O L :laughing: 2019

July 4th Edinburgh Usher Hall / POSTPONED
July 7th Manchester Castlefield Bowl / POSTPONED
July 8th Manchester Castlefield Bowl /POSTPONED
July 10th Portsmouth Guildhall / POSTPONED
July 12th Reading Rivermead / POSTPONED

Todays date 14/3/20 :eek:

??:knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom