Omega Auctions: Morrissey signed letter to John Muir & many more Geoff Travis items (auction due September)

I did hear correctly - there was more being auctioned off after the successful event that's already taken place. Some more nice items - interesting ones highlighted below, but do search out the entire list on their site:

117252398_2194012290729186_7335412860457614363_n.jpg

"MORRISSEY SIGNED LETTER.
A typed letter bearing signature and notes by Morrissey. The letter was sent from Morrissey to John Muir, a publisher at 'Babylon Books', with whom Morrissey was in conversation RE publishing a book on The Smiths. Measures 20 x 25.5cm. Very good condition. Provenance: presented to the vendor by John Muir."

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - MORRISSEY - INTERESTING DRUG PROOF ARTWORK

82420_8.jpg

MORRISSEY - INTERESTING DRUG PROOF ARTWORK.
Two printed proof designs with artwork for Morrissey - Interesting Drug. Measures approx 15 x 25". Excellent condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - MORRISSEY - KILL UNCLE PHOTOGRAPHS

82426_8.jpg

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - MORRISSEY - KILL UNCLE PHOTOGRAPHS. An interesting collection to include: Factory sample sleeve only for Morrissey - Kill Uncle, three 8 x 10" photo prints from the shoot for the LP cover, inc one with annotated paper overlay, four approx 12 x 12" photos again from the album shoot, an 8x10" promotional photograph. Excellent condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - THE SMITHS WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE SIGNED 12".

82349_8.jpg

A sleeve only (no record) for The Smiths - What Difference Does It Make (RTT 146), signed clearly in blue ink by Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke, Mike Joyce. Archive / Ex+ condition. From the archive of Rough Trade founder Geoff Travis.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - THE SMITHS - PEEPHOLISM PROOF PAGES

82528_8.jpg

A collection of proof prints, two approx 25 x 33" and two smaller, featuring pages likely from 'Peepholism'. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

Two Day Sale - Music Memorabilia and Vinyl Records - Tuesday 8th (Music Memorabilia) / Wednesday 9th September (Vinyl Records) 2020 - Online Only
Tuesday - Music Memorabilia Lots 1 - 649
Wednesday - Vinyl Records Lots - 650 - end

Signed records, more proofs, metal stampers, reels, gold & platinum discs, T-shirts & the last remnants of Geoff's stuff - well worth looking through.
The Peepholism collection interests me greatly - maybe enough to cough up for it...
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all mighty queer. Alot of these Moz lots must surely come from Jo Slee: "Peepholism" proofs, Arsenal tour itineraries, Etc.

í robbed a bank accidentally a few years back, and bought one of those gold & chocolate "Interesting Drug" variants that had come from Jo Slee. That salmon one though is quite soignée.

í would kill my own Uncle to get my mits on the Sprio spree, and that never-seen Teller 8x10 :love:

Also, aren't some of these lots items that were sold the last time round {There is a Light & Sheila proofs?} GT must have a stash of them. The Smiths are the gift that keeps on giving.

í seem to remember that it was reasonably well known that Mr Shelley and M. were very good friends in the early daze. As close as brothers...

It'll be interesting when we find out roughly how many brothers he's had. I hope he's kept a diary.

His genius showed up later on...

View attachment 58377

;)

Had this on my bedroom wall, freshly cut from a music magazine of the era - I forget which one. I now get the in-joke which I merely thought, at the time, was Morrissey being wittier than Oscar Wilde.

Wddim on 1400

I'm not around this morning to collate the highlights - if anyone wants to copy and paste them here, feel free.
Probably a separate thread later.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: here's one I made earlier:
Omega Auctions results - Sept. 8.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom