Omega Auctions: Morrissey signed letter to John Muir & many more Geoff Travis items (auction due September)

I did hear correctly - there was more being auctioned off after the successful event that's already taken place. Some more nice items - interesting ones highlighted below, but do search out the entire list on their site:

117252398_2194012290729186_7335412860457614363_n.jpg

"MORRISSEY SIGNED LETTER.
A typed letter bearing signature and notes by Morrissey. The letter was sent from Morrissey to John Muir, a publisher at 'Babylon Books', with whom Morrissey was in conversation RE publishing a book on The Smiths. Measures 20 x 25.5cm. Very good condition. Provenance: presented to the vendor by John Muir."

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - MORRISSEY - INTERESTING DRUG PROOF ARTWORK

82420_8.jpg

MORRISSEY - INTERESTING DRUG PROOF ARTWORK.
Two printed proof designs with artwork for Morrissey - Interesting Drug. Measures approx 15 x 25". Excellent condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - MORRISSEY - KILL UNCLE PHOTOGRAPHS

82426_8.jpg

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - MORRISSEY - KILL UNCLE PHOTOGRAPHS. An interesting collection to include: Factory sample sleeve only for Morrissey - Kill Uncle, three 8 x 10" photo prints from the shoot for the LP cover, inc one with annotated paper overlay, four approx 12 x 12" photos again from the album shoot, an 8x10" promotional photograph. Excellent condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - THE SMITHS WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE SIGNED 12".

82349_8.jpg

A sleeve only (no record) for The Smiths - What Difference Does It Make (RTT 146), signed clearly in blue ink by Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke, Mike Joyce. Archive / Ex+ condition. From the archive of Rough Trade founder Geoff Travis.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - THE SMITHS - PEEPHOLISM PROOF PAGES

82528_8.jpg

A collection of proof prints, two approx 25 x 33" and two smaller, featuring pages likely from 'Peepholism'. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

Two Day Sale - Music Memorabilia and Vinyl Records - Tuesday 8th (Music Memorabilia) / Wednesday 9th September (Vinyl Records) 2020 - Online Only
Tuesday - Music Memorabilia Lots 1 - 649
Wednesday - Vinyl Records Lots - 650 - end

Signed records, more proofs, metal stampers, reels, gold & platinum discs, T-shirts & the last remnants of Geoff's stuff - well worth looking through.
The Peepholism collection interests me greatly - maybe enough to cough up for it...
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Jeans mustn't show."

*Insert baggy jeans joke here*

20200813_111400.jpg

The John Muir letter must be from 1984.
M seems bit upset about the James Dean is not Dead book being republished (that's how I got mine!).
Pity Muir didn't print Exit Smiling at the time , to be honest.
Does the letter also infer there's a video recording of Glastonbury ??

Also, just how did Geoff Travis get hold of the post Smiths stuff? Were he and Morrissey closer business wise post Smiths split than we've been led to believe? That stuff don't fall of the back of lorries.

I would ❤ that letter.

I love the way he's fuming, funny, rude AND friendly.

I only have about 2p though.

The John Muir letter must be from 1984.
M seems bit upset about the James Dean is not Dead book being republished (that's how I got mine!).
Pity Muir didn't print Exit Smiling at the time , to be honest.
Does the letter also infer there's a video recording of Glastonbury ??

Also, just how did Geoff Travis get hold of the post Smiths stuff? Were he and Morrissey closer business wise post Smiths split than we've been led to believe? That stuff don't fall of the back of lorries.
Suppose Geoff could have got them from Jo Slee , who did remain with Moz?

Tell me I shouldn’t find it strange that Geoff has post-Smiths artwork. And why would he have it?
I know the Jo Slee connection,
but the other things? What are your thoughts on this FWD ?

I did hear correctly - there was more being auctioned off after the successful event that's already taken place. Some more nice items - interesting ones highlighted below, but do search out the entire list on their site:

View attachment 58351

"MORRISSEY SIGNED LETTER.
A typed letter bearing signature and notes by Morrissey. The letter was sent from Morrissey to John Muir, a publisher at 'Babylon Books', with whom Morrissey was in conversation RE publishing a book on The Smiths. Measures 20 x 25.5cm. Very good condition. Provenance: presented to the vendor by John Muir."

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - MORRISSEY - INTERESTING DRUG PROOF ARTWORK

View attachment 58352

MORRISSEY - INTERESTING DRUG PROOF ARTWORK.
Two printed proof designs with artwork for Morrissey - Interesting Drug. Measures approx 15 x 25". Excellent condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - MORRISSEY - KILL UNCLE PHOTOGRAPHS

View attachment 58353
THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - MORRISSEY - KILL UNCLE PHOTOGRAPHS. An interesting collection to include: Factory sample sleeve only for Morrissey - Kill Uncle, three 8 x 10" photo prints from the shoot for the LP cover, inc one with annotated paper overlay, four approx 12 x 12" photos again from the album shoot, an 8x10" promotional photograph. Excellent condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - THE SMITHS WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE SIGNED 12".

View attachment 58354

A sleeve only (no record) for The Smiths - What Difference Does It Make (RTT 146), signed clearly in blue ink by Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke, Mike Joyce. Archive / Ex+ condition. From the archive of Rough Trade founder Geoff Travis.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - THE SMITHS - PEEPHOLISM PROOF PAGES

View attachment 58356

A collection of proof prints, two approx 25 x 33" and two smaller, featuring pages likely from 'Peepholism'. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

Two Day Sale - Music Memorabilia and Vinyl Records - Tuesday 8th (Music Memorabilia) / Wednesday 9th September (Vinyl Records) 2020 - Online Only
Tuesday - Music Memorabilia Lots 1 - 649
Wednesday - Vinyl Records Lots - 650 - end

Signed records, more proofs, metal stampers, reels, gold & platinum discs, T-shirts & the last remnants of Geoff's stuff - well worth looking through.
The Peepholism collection interests me greatly - maybe enough to cough up for it...
Regards,
FWD.

Great letter. Something very Joe Orton about Moz's sense of humour.
'I won't be a Byronic wastrel forever'.
Hilarious.

How did Moz go from the sharp wit of the writing in that letter to the dull thud of "kiss me a lot, kiss me a lot all over the place, kiss me a lot all over my face"?

I found this scan of another letter Moz wrote to John Muir in my "archive" - along with a different scan from the same letter that's being auctioned off now. I don't recall where I saved them from but it seems the letter had appeared somewhere on the web before.

JohnMuirMorrissey1.jpg

How did Moz go from the sharp wit of the writing in that letter to the dull thud of "kiss me a lot, kiss me a lot all over the place, kiss me a lot all over my face"?
I still believe that Kiss Me A Lot is Morrissey's tribute to Eurovision Song Contest songs from the 60s and 70s. That's what it always reminds me of and I love it.

Would have been interesting if a book came out that early in time, especially because M was willing and interested in collaborating on it.

Said he would supply some photos, but I’m sure he would have gotten more involved than that.

A missed opportunity by Babylon.

I would ❤ that letter.

nerak, enlarge the letter bung it through a printer and there you go,Ms letter to john muir.you can always imagine its the real thing and you have still got your 2p.

I would ❤ that letter.

How about we pool our resources? í found a pound note under the mattress. A Scottish one. They're legal tender you know...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom