Once again, the wheel has turned...

My mother got me a copy of the Iliad for my 7th birthday and I always loved it, it was this beautifully bound book which aslo had within it these fascinating :horny: Renaissance era paintings of the characters from the Iliad, shucks, some of those were probably the first pics of naked ladies that I ever saw :eek: and I did not see anything wrong with that until now :blushing: thanks Worm :p

ps: its totally awesome that your daughter is coming around about Moz now because of her peers :thumb:
What? Your parents should be praised for buying you The Iliad. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it - even if its pages were strewn with naked goddesses :p. Your parents obviously had a very mature mindset in raising you. My parents, bless them, wouldn't even be able to spell 'Iliad'.

What? Your parents should be praised for buying you The Iliad. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it - even if its pages were strewn with naked goddesses :p. Your parents obviously had a very mature mindset in raising you. My parents, bless them, wouldn't even be able to spell 'Iliad'.

yeah, its funny how thirty years can change a woman(my mother) :eek:
now she watches FOX NEWS every morning :sick:

also, hey Skinny, what other music did your spawn use to hate? :p

What? Bite your tongue! One of the best...and even if you disagree, come on, it's definitely better than "The Ladykillers" or "Intolerable Cruelty"!

The original "The Ladykillers" is far superior, I agree :thumb:
& I have not seen "Intolerable Cruelty", looked like a date movie or something :sick:

so, OK, I stand corrected, perhaps, but you really must see the 55' version of "The Ladykillers" :)

The original "The Ladykillers" is far superior, I agree :thumb:
& I have not seen "Intolerable Cruelty", looked like a date movie or something :sick:

so, OK, I stand corrected, perhaps, but you really must see the 55' version of "The Ladykillers" :)

I'm sure that's a good one, thanks.

"Intolerable Cruelty" is a date movie, but a date movie made by the Coen Brothers, so you can imagine what a blundering, catastrophic mess it is. Imagine the Wachowski Brothers directing "Eat, Pray, Love", Tyler Perry directing "Annie Hall", or George Lucas directing a "Star Wars" sequel. Ain't pretty to contemplate.

This is so interesting. I pretty much discovered all the music I like now for myself (with the notable exception of some things I enjoy and appreciate from my dad's extensive collection), but I was brought up in a household where it was very much encouraged to read, so that was what I did almost every day of my childhood. Theatre has also been very important throughout my life.

When I was a child, I was introduced to classic literature by a little dog named Wishbone...

But at the age of 9 when my sister preferred the Babysitters club, I was reading Macbeth. The malady lingers on.

Ah, Macbeth. That well-known childhood romp. :p I was pretty much raised on it through readings with my Shakespeare-obsessive of a father when I was about six. Like Anaesthesine I broke away from Shakespeare for a while because it seemed like he was just worshipped by everyone and I thought I'd be different and subversive for a while, but you can't resist that pull in the end. He hooks ya...

Yes, only when I hear "What a piece of work is a man..." it is not the Bard I think of... :)

Withnail-grant.jpg

:thumb:

Tags
ih8georgelucas
Back
Top Bottom