'Our Frank' Video Request

The Spirit of '69

British Biker Boy
If any kind soul out there could supply me with a link to a downloadable version of the notoriously elusive 'Our Frank' video, I would be very grateful. I'd like to use it to illustrate a talk I'm giving at the Morrissey Symposium at Limerick later this month.

Have you seen bootlegs / downloads site directory thread on top of this forum?

You find the download link of Smiths and Morrissey promo videos.

Does anybody knows why morrissey has an aid band on the eyebrow??? :confused:

cause the skinheads kicked his arse....poor morrissey. :squiffy:

Does anybody knows why morrissey has an aid band on the eyebrow??? :confused:

cause the skinheads kicked his arse....poor morrissey. :squiffy:

To cut a long story short, because he envies the rough, uncomplicated physicality of the skinheads in the video. He did a similar thing later in the 1990s, when he postured with knuckledusters and wore Cantona t-shirts. That's my reading, anyway..

Have you seen bootlegs / downloads site directory thread on top of this forum?

You find the download link of Smiths and Morrissey promo videos.

As so often, you direct me to where I should have looked anyway. Thanks! :)

Here you go; don't know if you already found it by now, but I uploaded it just in case...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gh3ve1

Can someone put this on YouTube, please?

I managed to download it but I can't play it. To cut a long story short, my computer broke, I called a guy to fix it, which he did by removing half the software on it. I think that may be the reason. Not that anyone is interested...

There's probably a really simple reason why I can't play it but, because I am really simple, I don't know what it is.

Please can someone put it on YouTube so everyone can enjoy it.

Thanks,
James.

I don't have a digital version of this video, but it's available on the Japanese VHS EP Sing Your Life.

1991_singyourlifevhs_jp_2.jpg

Thank you, but I still cannot get it to work.

Any chance you could upload it onto YouTube or a MySpace or something like that?

I know very basic things when it comes to computers, so it's difficult for me to be able to work it out when it goes wrong.

Thanks,
James.

Download AVS dvd playing software, it's an mpeg-4 file, it'll play it, the software is free.

Thank you, but I still cannot get it to work.

Any chance you could upload it onto YouTube or a MySpace or something like that?

I know very basic things when it comes to computers, so it's difficult for me to be able to work it out when it goes wrong.

Thanks,
James.

Our Frank is on you tube and has been for ages.

To cut a long story short, because he envies the rough, uncomplicated physicality of the skinheads in the video. He did a similar thing later in the 1990s, when he postured with knuckledusters and wore Cantona t-shirts. That's my reading, anyway..
...And a very astute reading it is too. I concur fully.
Any theories as to why Morrissey has since wholly disowned this promo ? I know the NME/racism thing (first and second legs) probably contributed to it, but he also singled out the 'Our Frank' video as one of his worst on one of those Q&A things he used to do on true-to-you a couple of years ago. Even mis-remembered the director as James Maybury, rather than John.
Personally, I think it's one of his best. Moz was never filmed more beautifully.

Our Frank is on you tube and has been for ages.

I just had anouther look and I can't find it on YouTube. There only seems to be live version, or is that what I'm meant to be looking at? Lol.

Could you possibly send me the link for it, please?

Thanks,
James.

...And a very astute reading it is too. I concur fully.
Any theories as to why Morrissey has since wholly disowned this promo ? I know the NME/racism thing (first and second legs) probably contributed to it, but he also singled out the 'Our Frank' video as one of his worst on one of those Q&A things he used to do on true-to-you a couple of years ago. Even mis-remembered the director as James Maybury, rather than John.
Personally, I think it's one of his best. Moz was never filmed more beautifully.

Well, thanks!

I think it's mainly due to the racism controversy, and the way his interest in skinheads has been used against him over the years. Too many people automatically equate skinheads with racism, and Morrissey probably came to the conclusion that continuing to use skinhead imagery wasn't worth the bother. He was still able to display his envy for 'rough boys' in videos like 'Dagenham Dave' and 'The Boy Racer' without causing the same controversy. Interestingly, though, skinheads also feature in his (equally hard to locate, interestingly enough) video for 'Alma Matters', although one could argue that there's a more homoerotic element to that video that rather defuses any right-wing dodginess.

Personally, I'm rather fond of the video. I think it works well with the lyrics, and the contrast between the flamboyant Morrissey and the rough antics of the skins is amusing, and even touching, in an odd way. I'm reminded of the video for 'Sunny', which I also enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom