Paris, 11/03/2020

Salle Pleyel Capacity: 1913 seats , national directive less than 1000 people, nothing official yet for the concert at Pleyel, wait and see .....

For example :
"Rachida Dati (LR candidate for mayor of Paris ) maintains her meeting. Monday evening, the LR candidate for mayor of Paris will hold her meeting, salle Gaveau. The space can accommodate around 1000 people maximum. After the announcements by the Minister of Health, his campaign director said that the reception will be limited to 900 people"

Last edited:
Some lights are on at the Palladium in Cologne and so far, as of 8am, no one from the venue had told us about any cancellation, so it looks like it will go ahead.

I contacted koeln-ticket by email, and this was the answer:

According to the current status, all events will take place as planned.

Nevertheless, please check the homepage of the local organizer "Dirk Becker Entertainment" as well as our website for any changes.

So I will catch a train to Cologne later today. Hope to see some of you there.

I just called the venue in Paris and asked about the concert, he only spoke a little English but I guess/hope he understood me, he said “no it’s okay, you can go”.
Does anybody else have more information?

Got tickets and eurostar tickets from Kent, so just keeping an eye on this thread.

I've just called the Palladium Cologne. They've said UNTIL NOW there is no order by the authorities to cancel the show and that the stage is being prepared for the show at the moment. Let's hope for the best. I will definitely consult their homepage for news updates until I jump into my car to drive to Cologne in the afternoon....

I just called the venue in Paris and asked about the concert, he only spoke a little English but I guess/hope he understood me, he said “no it’s okay, you can go”.
Does anybody else have more information?

The venue just posted on Twitter that they're working on it and that they will keep us informed when it's sorted out.
The information came quite late last night. I'm sure we'll get some info before the end of the day... though I don't see why this gig wouldn't be cancelled, to be honest.

The venue just posted on Twitter that they're working on it and that they will keep us informed when it's sorted out.
The information came quite late last night. I'm sure we'll get some info before the end of the day... though I don't see why this gig wouldn't be cancelled, to be honest.
Intérêt national ! :)

Cologne!!!
So the organizer is waiting for a public order? As much as I understand you guys going there anyway and looking forward to it, I find it unacceptable, that the organizer shifts his responsibility to the (still) missing official order and simply ignores Spahn's recommendation. The despicable profit is more important than health. People from all over the world are coming today: Italy, Spain, Mexico. Only one person has to be present, who carries Corona within himself. If you don't do it for you, then at least consider the decision in the interest of your families, especially if they include older people and risk patients. Everyone I know who - hasn't turned their back on Morrissey - doesn't know whether or not to go. That's surely a way to keep the number of visitors under 1.000.

It’s not just Morrissey though. ALL concerts have been and are going as planned. Wisely or not. We will probably only know in a few weeks time. The only one who can stop it from happening is Moz himself and I still feel he may want to cancel at the last moment.

Cologne!!!
So the organizer is waiting for a public order? As much as I understand you guys going there anyway and looking forward to it, I find it unacceptable, that the organizer shifts his responsibility to the (still) missing official order and simply ignores Spahn's recommendation. The despicable profit is more important than health. People from all over the world are coming today: Italy, Spain, Mexico. Only one person has to be present, who carries Corona within himself. If you don't do it for you, then at least consider the decision in the interest of your families, especially if they include older people and risk patients. Everyone I know who - hasn't turned their back on Morrissey - doesn't know whether or not to go. That's surely a way to keep the number of visitors under 1.000.

There's a subtle difference though between an official order (mandatory) and a recommendation (non-mandatory).

If a business isn't forced to comply, as there's nothing to actually comply with, then they are going to go ahead.
The organiser is no different but it's difficult to make the right call & please all parties.

If they went ahead they could be accused of not acting in peoples' best interest, &/or simply focusing on their profits at the risk of peoples' health, as you do in your post.
If they didn't go ahead, then they could be accused of over-reacting & people would be furious of the late notice & all the expense they've wasted.

Either way, there'd probably be some 'outrage' of sorts going on by someone, somewhere, with a big nose, who thinks they know better.

For me, the only acceptale reason would be, that the number of sold tickets is around 1.000. So it's on the edge but will most likely go ahead. If there are 3.000 in a row, I don't understand it at all. I had to make a decision for myself at some point and I am the one who usually gives it a go. But this time it's serious.

Last edited:
My french friend called the venue at 1.30pm uk time today Monday 9th and they told him they still don't know and they will be letting us know either by email or an announcement on the venue website.

Cologne!!!

I live in Italy and I totally agree. This is serious. I hope it doesn't get as bad in France, Germany, the UK etc. but I think at this stage it is irresponsible to let this kind of event go ahead. Certainly, maybe it shouldn't be even left to the event organizer/venue/artist to take that decision. I really hope other countries won't have as many cases who need hospitalisation in ten days/a week from now.

Back
Top Bottom