Morrissey Central "PEOPLE POWER" (April 25, 2021)

PEOPLE POWER

0-4_uubous.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

How many more "unfortunate" coincidences are there supposed to be? The cry for attention and relevance is so shrill, that it drowns out the side effects. Van Morrison easily drove away a third of his regular audience with his stance and obscure songs against British government's Corona measures. And Morrissey? Allowing his nephew to risk putting him in a questionable light again (and again and again). But it's only us idiots, who "believe" the media and follow the rules in the pandemic, who are to blame. Morrissey is "lucky" that his last third is more like kamikaze pilots on a mission (freee speech, cancel culture, etc.). I've really had enough of this.

Last edited:
If it weren't for the people like those in the picture, Morrissey would have returned to touring long ago. But ok, let him continue to promote such a cranks.

The only thing that surprises me is that Morrissey hasn't yet declared his support behind Laurence Fox's campaign to become Mayor of London.

I'd have gone with an "s" in "recognise". Also, these people are idiots.
Indeed @BookishBoy ! Perhaps it is my curmudgeonly nature (a worrying development in itself), but any (yawn) controversial statement this sheep is trying to propagate is lost by his own inability to spell. In Britain recognise is spelt with an ‘s’ – anything else is imperialist propaganda! :) This poor student, struggling in life... (in what looks like a pair of Ray Ban’s and a Lacoste T-Shirt…..)

Indeed @BookishBoy ! Perhaps it is my curmudgeonly nature (a worrying development in itself), but any (yawn) controversial statement this sheep is trying to propagate is lost by his own inability to spell. In Britain recognise is spelt with an ‘s’ – anything else is imperialist propaganda! :) This poor student, struggling in life... (in what looks like a pair of Ray Ban’s and a Lacoste T-Shirt…..)
I had totally forgotten, of course, that this is a lyric from the opening track of LIHS, so in a way it mirrors - as others have noted above - Central's (lame) habit of simply flagging up "Morrissey references" in the world. But still: if you're proud of having your lyrics scrawled out by these conspiracy idiots, you have serious issues yourself...

If the person behind these Central posts (whoever it is) has any respect for or care whatsoever about Morrissey’s career and reputation, he/she/it should put an end to this silliness ASAP. His/hers/its personal beliefs should be put aside, because it is wrecking his career.

Yes right you are – the words seemed familiar, but my memory was fogged by the offensive image in question! Of course (and I think almost everyone would agree with you) Morrissey associating himself with these cretins is shooting oneself in the foot; Guilt by implication, By association…

I saw last week somebody here was trying to launch a crowdfund for Morrissey, to help him cover the costs of a lawsuit against The Simpsons. Surely a crowdfund to employ a hacker to bring down Morrissey Central would, at this juncture, be far more helpful to Morrissey’s career?

If the person behind these Central posts (whoever it is) has any respect for or care whatsoever about Morrissey’s career and reputation, he/she/it should put an end to this silliness ASAP. His/hers/its personal beliefs should be put aside, because it is wrecking his career.
What makes you think Morrissey wouldn’t agree with this particular post?

I saw last week somebody here was trying to launch a crowdfund for Morrissey, to help him cover the costs of a lawsuit against The Simpsons. Surely a crowdfund to employ a hacker to bring down Morrissey Central would, at this juncture, be far more helpful to Morrissey’s career?
To be finished (morrissey central) would be a relief.

Last edited:
What makes you think Morrissey wouldn’t agree with this particular post?
He might, but I don’t think it’s wise to flaunt these sentiments.

At least now he can form that long-awaited supergroup with Ian Brown and Van Morrison.
Morrissey can work with who he wants and do what he wants. Some tracks with Morrissey, Sir Van Morrison and Eric Clapton sound good though.

I don't think Morrissey likes Ian Brown or The Stone Roses. Politically they are coming from different places. For instance Morrissey loves Israel and he loves Jewish people. Ian Brown has worked with Sinead O'Connor she is more in keeping with Ian's politics.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom