Percussion Discussion: Chad Smith says "just finished a Morrissey album" - Iggy Pop guests on it (February 20, 2021)

Screenshot_20210416-192611~2.png

That came from left field.
Chad states that Iggy Pop features on the Morrissey album also.
Playing the above video should go to the right point.

"The controversial Morrissey..." :)

It would have gone in the 'Strange...' thread, but if it is the first mention of any new material - it should be separate.

Marked as rumour until more details become available.

Regards,
FWD.

gordyboy9

its not me its you.
i always think why would you lie about something like this.lets face it M and the band have had a long time to do this.would definitely be a new sound with andrew watt on board.always liked chicarellis production as well.

A

Anonymous

Morrissey has more than enough money in the bank to finance his own recordings, then shop around for a deal where he can license the release through a label - it's not that uncommon, and effective allows artists to effectively own their work. So I'm perfectly happy to believe this. Of course, there's a fair chance that these are more along the lines of demos than a finished album, and who knows whether the whole thing might end up getting reworked/scrapped before we hear ever hear it.

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Again, hypothetically, the world has been relatively landlocked for a year+, Morrissey is known to have last been seen in a US hotel which is less than 3 miles away from Sunset Sound...
The main band are all spread everywhere and only a couple are in Ca. Matt is over on the East coast and Chad is in and out of Sunset Sound constantly - so available.
Not a huge leap to see how this may have come about.
Any information either way will appear here as soon as it surfaces.
FWD.

GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn

The Courage to Get on People's Tits
Interesting combination given Jesse's brief RHCP history.

V

Vegan Cro Spirit .777

:)
SKINNY TROLLS ARE GOING TO EXPOLDE OVER THIS NEWS IGGY POP MAKING A MOZ RECORD!!!:thumb:

NealCassidy

FREE SPEECH #FBPB
Confirmed! More 'thin gruel' of a new star-studded album from the celebrated artist MORRISSEY.

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
It must be true? He didn't sound like he was joking & his memory couldn't be that bad!

It would be fabulous if Morrissey’s been quietly working on new material.💕

V

Vegan Cro Spirit .777

Morrissey has more than enough money in the bank to finance his own recordings, then shop around for a deal where he can license the release through a label - it's not that uncommon, and effective allows artists to effectively own their work. So I'm perfectly happy to believe this. Of course, there's a fair chance that these are more along the lines of demos than a finished album, and who knows whether the whole thing might end up getting reworked/scrapped before we hear ever hear it.

:thumb:

of course, Moz is flush with green.:moneybag::moneybag:
Iggy Pop is not going to make a demo FFS👌

this is very important new news. Notice Moz has not gone out and babbled nonsense like 👉💂‍♀️👈 who makes self promoting twitter posts about a so called new cd that doesnt exist.✍️

Mayfly

Endorsed by Jesse, it must be true. And he got Iggy Pop to sing with him, wow!
I wasn't expecting a new Morrissey album in the making so soon after IANADOAC, but this post made my day.

Trending Threads

Top Bottom