Percussion Discussion: Chad Smith says "just finished a Morrissey album" - Iggy Pop guests on it (February 20, 2021)

Screenshot_20210416-192611~2.png

That came from left field.
Chad states that Iggy Pop features on the Morrissey album also.
Playing the above video should go to the right point.

"The controversial Morrissey..." :)

It would have gone in the 'Strange...' thread, but if it is the first mention of any new material - it should be separate.

Marked as rumour until more details become available.

Regards,
FWD.

He needs to be doing a full UK tour,
In smaller venues instead of 3-4 large arena gigs then 4king off back to shitty shoot em if they are Black or young land...
This constantly touring America land has ruined his career in Uk..

He needs to (himself) raise his profile dramatically in the UK
And charm the chinos off every 4ker..
"What Baz said"

Kinda thinkin' that this Moz and Iggy
is gonna be a croonin' duet.
Then again, Moz songs usaully ended up
bein' different from what I think they might
end up soundin' like.

I think he's quite realistic really - looking at the correspondence 🙄 it seems the huge battle is that they want him to do normal levels of personal publicity & he wants them to spend money on plugging & adverts.

He needs to hire someone *wails into void*.

He's not realistic about sales and almost never has been, that's all I was referring too. If he were, he wouldn't be continuously disappointed. Even when Ringleader was number 1 he later complained that it fell out of the charts so quickly...
It's unrealistic in 2021 to cling to the charts like it's 1984. I get why it is important to him, but it's a bit painful to watch.

He's not realistic about sales and almost never has been, that's all I was referring too. If he were, he wouldn't be continuously disappointed. Even when Ringleader was number 1 he later complained that it fell out of the charts so quickly...
It's unrealistic in 2021 to cling to the charts like it's 1984. I get why it is important to him, but it's a bit painful to watch.

I think he's right that he would do better if they gave him a bigger publicity budget - his marketing is absolutely dire.

They leave him to his niche & since Finsbury he hasn't known what to do with himself.

But I agree that no record company is going to be an improvement.

My absolute dream would be that he hired someone who would work with him to create a coherent narrative & aesthetic for his Solo years.

🧐
very shifty salsa, moz has not said he is a 'dark place' thats pure skinny talk read here salsa
:handpointdown:
In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads:

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other,Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Stop obsessing over uncle skinny. f*** him.
I never said that Moz had said that he has been in a dark place these past few years. I said that that was my theory, based on what he has projected in lyrics, statements and interviews. This shouldn’t be hard to understand nor is it implausible.

That's a pretty big-time US Pop-crop; major star Wattage.
Real hardcore, Everything-sounds-the-same-when-it's-coming-out-of-your-Air-Pods-type production.
Pricey though.
Is this The Kid's one last shot at the Big Time?

í know it's just drums, and the dude kinda looks like Mel Brooks & Will Ferrell's love child, but í absolutely cannot f***ing abide the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Loathed them since day one. Bunch of junkie surfer jock skidmarks. Having been foisted in total vain on the British music audience for 5 years straight by 'aficionados' like Jonathan King {as the 'edgy' version of REO Speedwagon?} í always saw them, with some small flicker of national pride, as a combo that would never succeed on these shores. When they 'broke' in the mid-90s, something key in this country, and in me, died. We could now be bought off by anybody, even these dufus muppets...

But...
Yay Iggy.

He needs to be doing a full UK tour,
In smaller venues instead of 3-4 large arena gigs then 4king off back to shitty shoot em if they are Black or young land...
This constantly touring America land has ruined his career in Uk..

He needs to (himself) raise his profile dramatically in the UK
And charm the chinos off every 4ker..
I reckon when are you delusional Lord of the Rings Hobbit fantasy sociopaths ever going to get it? California Son hates you and your country. He doesn't give a shit about his career in the "uk" and never did. Just because he played in a Brit Pop band in then 80's for 2 1/2 years, he has continually used this to get foreigner money, especially Brittish money. He doesn't need to do anything. What you need to do and what you are good at, is first, give up, realize you are never going to get your money back from the "warm winter days outdoors in LA" rain jacket you bought from the mporiumuk or get your money back from the half ass phoning it in gig he does in Weeds, Brittin every 5 years. Just put on your Nike sneakers, your Levis 501's, your Vans hoody, and your Yankees hat, and get down to the Glassenberry Festival for the Right Said Fred- Big Country double bill c*** twat tit New Youaaaawrkshire puddin fek'll chipper curry inn nn nn nnnnnn it.

I reckon when are you delusional Lord of the Rings Hobbit fantasy sociopaths ever going to get it? California Son hates you and your country. He doesn't give a shit about his career in the "uk" and never did. Just because he played in a Brit Pop band in then 80's for 2 1/2 years, he has continually used this to get foreigner money, especially Brittish money. He doesn't need to do anything. What you need to do and what you are good at, is first, give up, realize you are never going to get your money back from the "warm winter days outdoors in LA" rain jacket you bought from the mporiumuk or get your money back from the half ass phoning it in gig he does in Weeds, Brittin every 5 years. Just put on your Nike sneakers, your Levis 501's, your Vans hoody, and your Yankees hat, and get down to the Glassenberry Festival for the Right Said Fred- Big Country double bill c*** twat tit New Youaaaawrkshire puddin fek'll chipper curry inn nn nn nnnnnn it.
Knew you’d be Quick to take my Bait....
Diidddnnttt. Iiiiiiii 😩😩😩

speaking of record labels,did anyone see the paloma faith docu on bbc4,one of the most eye opening things iv seen on the music industry,paloma faith has had 3 double platinum albums then did a political record which only went single platinum and she said she might struggle to get a deal when her contracts up,showed how an artist could be at deaths door and a tour manager will do anything to get you on stage,showed the president of rca records,looked as if he was just out of nappies,showed how they work out a tour budget,paloma took a nanny on tour and tried to claim the wages from the tour budget,big no no.fascinating and worth watching and i couldnt even tell you one of her songs.

Last edited:
I think SER's living at Beechmount.
I reckon yeah dude, right. California Son Junior is living at the Beach Mouth Airbnb fake flower house. It is serving it's purpose well to throw you wackos off. I reckon California Son lives in the cottage house in the back too. I reckon I know this for sure because there is a basketball court in the backyard and you know "he doesn't live in LA anymore". Spot on chap chipper curry. JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE. DO NOT COME TO LA. There is no need for you to sell everything you own and make your way to Moz Angeles and sleep in the trashcans at the bottom of the driveway in Malibu, camp out in front of Sunset Sound or the Sunset Marquis and scare all of us innnn n nn nnnn nnnn nnn it.

steve basket small.jpg
sam basketball1.jpg

speaking of record labels,did anyone see the paloma faith docu on bbc4,one of the most eye opening things iv seen on the music industry,paloma faith has had 3 double platinum albums then did a political record which only went single platinum and she said she might struggle to get a deal when her contracts up,showed how an artist could be at deaths door and a tour manager will do anything to get you on stage,showed the president of rca records,looked as if he was just out of nappies,showed how they work out a tour budget,paloma took a nanny on tour and tried to claim the wages from the tour budget,big no no.fascinating and worth watching and i couldnt even tell you one song.

I missed that! I'll look it up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom