Peru! Peru! My light’s hearthouse - Morrissey Central (28th Nov.)

New Morrissey Central quote about the gig:

Nov. 28th

Peru! Peru! My light’s hearthouse.

"I know very well that the world won't listen. But, Peru does. Tonight's audience in Lima made Beatlemania look like a Kraftwerk audience. I am blessed beyond words."
MORRISSEY.

45129_45128_0-4_mscvya.jpg

Features a crop of an Instagram image shared in the first page of this discussion.
<Waves at Sam>
FWD.

Last edited:
Those you name were military dictatorships that took the power by force, they didn't win elections backed by political parties, they were supported by foreign agencies and everybody knows it. The only cases of elected racists until now are Trump and Bolsonaro. A huge self criticism should be done by traditional politicians for being responsible of throwing people in those hateful arms. Imagine how immense is the lack of political alternatives and how serious the situation must be so that common people found themselves forced to vote for such obviously bad persons.

Good military dictatorships. Duly noted.

Yes. Brazil will drowned in shit next year. Bolsonaro is cancer but he'll rule my country under Trump signs -- the inspiration for all this crap. Far-right parties are up to us.

Politics in every country tends to follow the same basic rules. Bolsonaro, who may or may not be a terrible person, was elected in no small part because of the failures of his immediate predecessors, one of whom, Lula, is still in prison for corruption and money laundering. The further a pendulum swings one way the further it swings the other. The sooner we get away from the assumption all on the left are angels and all on the right are devils or vice versa the better.

Countthree is absolutely correct that politicians are responsible for allowing such situations to arise, but that applies to both sides, not just when the side you don’t support gets into power. Centrist politics hasn’t been working for enough people in enough countries. The reason the liberal left is in retreat in many parts of the world is because people have perceived it as having failed, not because they’ve perceived it as having succeeded.

It’s happened in Italy, it even seems to be happening in Germany, Trump in the US, here with Brexit. People are still blaming fake news, the Russians, Facebook, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Uncle Tom Cobley and all for Brexit, but I would argue Blair and Merkel were the root causes, both of whom are such great icons of democracy they’d flip a switch and reverse it in a second if they could.

This figures, lots of Neo-Nazi's in South America, am I right or am I right Skinny? :lbf:

Skinny must be besides himself with all these full houses. If he had a job and could afford he would
fly over to agitate the people there. Big fat white dude haranguing people in english in the cantina.

If Morrissey had 1/10th of the creativity or originality of Kraftwerk he would be a very lucky man. Kraftwerk, a band which always was and remains ahead of the curve, and actually puts effort into its live shows to put on the most interesting spectacle possible for its paying audience. Morrissey meanwhile, for the past nine or ten years has chugged through the dregs of his discography on-stage which tested the patience of even his most loyal supporters.

This is a man who has been going through the motions in 95% of his recorded output for the better part of 20 years and ran out of topics to write about some time around 1994. Imagine him coming up with an innovative concept like 'Kraftwerk 3D', a radical reimagining of his past music, for his own live shows; implausible because he's content to put in the least amount of effort possible as long as enough people are willing to shell out their hard earned money to see the decreasing amount of live dates he puts on every year. But the recent cancelled European tour suggests that's not quite the cash cow it used to be.

Kraftwerk remain highly regarded and retain their air of mystery and intrigue which they've been cultivating since the early 1970s -- something Morrissey had built up too to an extent but carelessly chucked away about ten years ago. Now he could just as easily be a tabloid journalist and has all the credibility of someone like Piers Morgan. He'd have a lot in common today with 'Tony the Pony', a man whom he despised 30 years ago. Next time he's performing in Tel Aviv he should bring Katie Hopkins on stage to duet with him on the song 'Israel'.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Morrissey will be a footnote in the musical history books, whereas Kraftwerk will be regarded as one of the most influential bands of the 20th century. They were trail-blazers who inspired the creation of new genres of music -- 1980s new wave, techno/house music, a lot of early hip-hop, trip-hop, and so on, it all owes a debt of gratitude to Kraftwerk. You could probably sit here and list hundreds of musicians who were directly influenced by Kraftwerk -- from Bowie's Berlin trilogy all the way through to Daft Punk or Calvin Harris today.

What did Morrissey inspire? David Cameron apparently, but what else? Misanthropy. Glamorizing childlessness, solitude, bridge burning and schizoid behaviour. Devotion to celluloid and vinyl over human relationships. And an army of bequiffed clones/tossers with an inflated sense of their own self-importance like Morrissey. As for musically: Marr was the influential one. Hardly anything Morrissey inspired stood the test of time, just the odd band here and there like Suede who distanced themselves from him a long time ago.

For an out of shape 59 year old man with a comb-over to state that one of his recent live performances was bigger than Beatlemania is beyond sad. Can you visualise what Morrissey's reaction would have been if in the mid to late 1990s a 60 year old Paul Anka, during the period he started performing a slowed down version of Smells Like Teen Spirit (the sort of thing Morrissey will be doing soon on 'California Son') had stated that his audience reactions were more impassioned than The Beatles' audience reactions during the height of Beatlemania? He rightly would have mocked him for his delusionality, which is exactly what we should be doing to Morrissey now.

(I mentioned late career Paul Anka because that's the sort of artist I'd be more inclined to mention in the same breath as Morrissey today, or maybe Pat Boone, rather than Kraftwerk, David Bowie, or The Beatles. No disrespect intended to Paul or Pat, I'm certain their audiences remain more enthusiastic than Morrissey's to this day. And at least Paul has 'My Way' under his belt, a song which will still be sung at wedding receptions, birthday parties and funerals, long after Morrissey's name has faded from memory.)

have you considered a job blowing balloons? in the future email your delusional rantings
about paul anka directly to skinny and save us some bandwith,will you, mate?

i find the comparison funny. where is the insult? can we just accept the fact that audiences are indeed different without having to be better or worse than the others?
neither would kraftwerk nor any other classical music ensemble feel at ease with a hyperventilating morrissey crowd, and morrissey wouldnt feel blessed any longer if confronted by a crowd of composed admirers. he made that clear. he lives and breathes in a different musical sphere. he doesnt say that his sphere is better than the other.
he would most likely consider an audience's controlled manner his personal failure, namely for not having being able to make them cum during his concert.
kraftwerk folks in contrast are by nature more detached and dont want an audience that cums publicly.
but there is no insult against kraftwerk audiences. it is just an ironic contrast or juxtaposition of two different musical worlds that exist peacefully next to each other.

A Kraftwerk concert is certainly 100 times more enjoyable and positive than any Moz concert. Have seen both and I’m 100% certain my opinion is correct.
Yes, I can't wait to get on stage to give them a big hug and a kiss. :ha-no:
I'm 100%certain you're a computer.

This feels as stupid as when some american dude was wondering if there was going to be a riot at the Cocteau Twins gig at Brixton Academy in November 1990.
Not bloody likely.

The Nazi party was an European matter, so it's insulting for America (North or South) to be linked with such a political process. Even more when the two Americas welcomed the victims and refugees of WW2.

It was a European matter, sure.

And then Hitler praises America in Mein Kampf for refusing to naturalize “certain groups.” He also praised the USA for having “gunned down the millions of redskins to a few hundred thousand.” And the United States was his model for lebensraum, “living space” for Germans elsewhere in Europe.

Here’s an article about the United States turning away thousands of Jewish refugees: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...ugees-fearing-they-were-nazi-spies-180957324/

It’s true that the United States accepts plenty of refugees historically. As long as they’re the right ones. Here’s some information on the current nativist-fueled dip in that trend: www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/07/05/for-the-first-time-u-s-resettles-fewer-refugees-than-the-rest-of-the-world/%3famp=1

I happen to live in the states. The place has a lot going for it. That said, fascism has been popular here for a long, long time. Not among all Americans. Or most Americans. But a significant minority who’ve been persuaded of bad ideas thanks to willful ignorance, ignorance imposed by a failed education system, and many more causes still exists. And they happen to be vocal and violent.

Skinny must be besides himself with all these full houses. If he had a job and could afford he would
fly over to agitate the people there. Big fat white dude haranguing people in english in the cantina.
LOL, well said, but to be Frank, Skinny himself is realising supporting the jealous is futile. Hopefully he is answering quiz questions in his last leg local LOL ooooh Yorkshire folk grow rubharb lolol

Politics in every country tends to follow the same basic rules. Bolsonaro, who may or may not be a terrible person, was elected in no small part because of the failures of his immediate predecessors, one of whom, Lula, is still in prison for corruption and money laundering. The further a pendulum swings one way the further it swings the other. The sooner we get away from the assumption all on the left are angels and all on the right are devils or vice versa the better.

Countthree is absolutely correct that politicians are responsible for allowing such situations to arise, but that applies to both sides, not just when the side you don’t support gets into power. Centrist politics hasn’t been working for enough people in enough countries. The reason the liberal left is in retreat in many parts of the world is because people have perceived it as having failed, not because they’ve perceived it as having succeeded.

It’s happened in Italy, it even seems to be happening in Germany, Trump in the US, here with Brexit. People are still blaming fake news, the Russians, Facebook, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Uncle Tom Cobley and all for Brexit, but I would argue Blair and Merkel were the root causes, both of whom are such great icons of democracy they’d flip a switch and reverse it in a second if they could.

There’s also the electorate to consider. The left in the states proclaimed mission accomplished while ignoring large segments of the population and the issues they face. I’m thinking of working class people like coal miners, the elderly, homeless veterans and homeless youth. What little was done was only said: abstractions layered on abstractions. And if someone asked what was actually being done, well, they were missing the larger picture. It reminds me of dismissive lines like “not now comrade. To do so would be counter to revolutionary goals.”

The far right is caught up in its own abstractions. They’re easily summarized as “family, country, work.” Where there are elections, voters tend to get what they want in politicians, then they whinge about having it delivered. Maybe when voters are willing to consider more than their immediate wants elected officials might address actual needs. But the shelves are full at Walmart, so I’m not hopeful.

kraftwerk shows are a couple of computer nerds playing with laptops wearing patent leather shoes.
beyond boring, thats why it must appeal to all the tossers here.

My kind of audience. I think they all drank the same koolaid.

Looks more entertaining to me than any of the braindead, mouth breathers that infest the front rows at any current Morrissey gig. Look again and then tell me who drinks the Kool Aid!

If Morrissey had 1/10th of the creativity or originality of Kraftwerk he would be a very lucky man. Kraftwerk, a band which always was and remains ahead of the curve, and actually puts effort into its live shows to put on the most interesting spectacle possible for its paying audience. Morrissey meanwhile, for the past nine or ten years has chugged through the dregs of his discography on-stage which tested the patience of even his most loyal supporters.

This is a man who has been going through the motions in 95% of his recorded output for the better part of 20 years and ran out of topics to write about some time around 1994. Imagine him coming up with an innovative concept like 'Kraftwerk 3D', a radical reimagining of his past music, for his own live shows; implausible because he's content to put in the least amount of effort possible as long as enough people are willing to shell out their hard earned money to see the decreasing amount of live dates he puts on every year. But the recent cancelled European tour suggests that's not quite the cash cow it used to be.

Kraftwerk remain highly regarded and retain their air of mystery and intrigue which they've been cultivating since the early 1970s -- something Morrissey had built up too to an extent but carelessly chucked away about ten years ago. Now he could just as easily be a tabloid journalist and has all the credibility of someone like Piers Morgan. He'd have a lot in common today with 'Tony the Pony', a man whom he despised 30 years ago. Next time he's performing in Tel Aviv he should bring Katie Hopkins on stage to duet with him on the song 'Israel'.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Morrissey will be a footnote in the musical history books, whereas Kraftwerk will be regarded as one of the most influential bands of the 20th century. They were trail-blazers who inspired the creation of new genres of music -- 1980s new wave, techno/house music, a lot of early hip-hop, trip-hop, and so on, it all owes a debt of gratitude to Kraftwerk. You could probably sit here and list hundreds of musicians who were directly influenced by Kraftwerk -- from Bowie's Berlin trilogy all the way through to Daft Punk or Calvin Harris today.

What did Morrissey inspire? David Cameron apparently, but what else? Misanthropy. Glamorizing childlessness, solitude, bridge burning and schizoid behaviour. Devotion to celluloid and vinyl over human relationships. And an army of bequiffed clones/tossers with an inflated sense of their own self-importance like Morrissey. As for musically: Marr was the influential one. Hardly anything Morrissey inspired stood the test of time, just the odd band here and there like Suede who distanced themselves from him a long time ago.

For an out of shape 59 year old man with a comb-over to state that one of his recent live performances was bigger than Beatlemania is beyond sad. Can you visualise what Morrissey's reaction would have been if in the mid to late 1990s a 60 year old Paul Anka, during the period he started performing a slowed down version of Smells Like Teen Spirit (the sort of thing Morrissey will be doing soon on 'California Son') had stated that his audience reactions were more impassioned than The Beatles' audience reactions during the height of Beatlemania? He rightly would have mocked him for his delusionality, which is exactly what we should be doing to Morrissey now.

(I mentioned late career Paul Anka because that's the sort of artist I'd be more inclined to mention in the same breath as Morrissey today, or maybe Pat Boone, rather than Kraftwerk, David Bowie, or The Beatles. No disrespect intended to Paul or Pat, I'm certain their audiences remain more enthusiastic than Morrissey's to this day. And at least Paul has 'My Way' under his belt, a song which will still be sung at wedding receptions, birthday parties and funerals, long after Morrissey's name has faded from memory.)

Good to hear from you B t H :thumb:
I went to see a band called H M L T D at The Ritz in Manchester last week. Think you might like them, have a look, they blew the roof off the place ( see Proxy Love on Utube)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Did you know some jokes can be insulting?
Yes I do. If you had got that joke you wouldn't have been insulted. I'm guess by this comment you still don't get it. The joke was on skinny, not South America.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom