Pet Shop Boys: Agenda

Eldritch

There will be a new album later this year, but before that there will be an EP called agenda, which consists of "three political songs and one sad song", according to Neil. Here's the first track from it:

Give Stupidity A Chance:

There will be a new album later this year, but before that there will be an EP called agenda, which consists of "three political songs and one sad song", according to Neil. Here's the first track from it:

Give Stupidity A Chance:

Always liked Neil’s voice, didn’t realise they have sold over 100 million albums?

Always liked Neil’s voice, didn’t realise they have sold over 100 million albums?

They have always had a truly international fan base and have been consistently productive (13 studio albums, 3 compilations, 4 Disco albums, 2 2-CD b-side collections, a ballet, a musical, a soundtrack...), so that's how the numbers add up.

Give Stupidity A Chance is clearly something they would usually put on a b-side and they know that, because the press release states that none of EP songs will be on the forthcoming album. As a political satire it's quite obvious, but the lyrics are funny enough for it to work. All in all, it sounds very much like something by The Magnetic Fields.

They have always had a truly international fan base and have been consistently productive (13 studio albums, 3 compilations, 4 Disco albums, 2 2-CD b-side collections, a ballet, a musical, a soundtrack...), so that's how the numbers add up.

Give Stupidity A Chance is clearly something they would usually put on a b-side and they know that, because the press release states that none of EP songs will be on the forthcoming album. As a political satire it's quite obvious, but the lyrics are funny enough for it to work. All in all, it sounds very much like something by The Magnetic Fields.

Have tried to see them a couple of times but they sell out really quickly, just had a look at current tour dates but looks like they are out in the Far East.

Have tried to see them a couple of times but they sell out really quickly, just had a look at current tour dates but looks like they are out in the Far East.

I hope you get the chance to see them one day. They know their limitations as stage performers, so each tour has very striking and always completely different visuals. The downside is that the setlist remains usually the same for the entire tour -- although most bands do that these days. So a PSB concert is a polar opposite of a Morrissey gig.

I've been a PSB fan since the Please album but only saw them live a couple years ago on the Super tour. Great show and a good mix of new and older material (many songs to choose from). I'll be looking forward to hearing new material and another chance to see them live.

I look forward to the upcoming Pet Shop Boys release. This was okay as an extra.

Back
Top Bottom