Peter Hook: "I am an object of hate on the Morrissey fan club site"

Peter Hook on "Morrissey"-Q&A-Substance: Inside New Order-book tour-JCCSF-Feb 4, 2017-Joy Division - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
English is not my first language so certain nuances escape me, I am sure but isn't he taking the piss here? Jus a little bit? Having a bit of a laugh and jokingly almost proud to be hated by the Moz-fanclub?
I really wonder if all derogatary things said by him about Moz is meant to be serious. Mancs have a reputation for slashing everything down to the ground, especially other Mancs :rolleyes: and nobody sees them having a pint in the pub.o_O

You seem to know the mancs well and everything is just banter at the end of the day.

Political correct millennials do not know what that is and are offended by absolutely everything.

New Order are appalling. A few songs that aren't unbearable but you can say that about Right Said Fred.
Hooky is an object of hate in more places than here. That thumb ring does it for me.

I think we SHOULD keep feuds going that started in 1982. If not here, where?

I'd say you could go to the PeterHooksolo site, the JD site, or the NO site. :)
Then we would get rid of this nonsense here at Moz Solo.
I Imagine you would be welcome.
Oh, wait a minute, not much entertaining hate-stuff there? :(

English is not my first language so certain nuances escape me, I am sure but isn't he taking the piss here? Jus a little bit? Having a bit of a laugh and jokingly almost proud to be hated by the Moz-fanclub?
I really wonder if all derogatary things said by him about Moz is meant to be serious. Mancs have a reputation for slashing everything down to the ground, especially other Mancs :rolleyes: and nobody sees them having a pint in the pub.o_O
I don't think he cares. He was just asked about the 80's and the bands in that general category that made it big. Though they are all really different lots of people in America anyway seemed to listen to all four if they listened to one.

New Order are appalling. A few songs that aren't unbearable but you can say that about Right Said Fred.
Hooky is an object of hate in more places than here. That thumb ring does it for me.

:eek: Right Said Fred is the most underrated, brilliant pop group there ever was!!! :crazy:
Smiths, JD, NO, Fall, Jarvis Cocker, all very well but Fred Said Right tops them all for sure!
Nobody pays attention to them but I do!
By the way, who was Fred? :squiffy:

:eek: Right Said Fred is the most underrated, brilliant pop group there ever was!!! :crazy:
Smiths, JD, NO, Fall, Jarvis Cocker, all very well but Fred Said Right tops them all for sure!
Nobody pays attention to them but I do!
By the way, who was Fred? :squiffy:

Hahaha the millennials are absolutely mad that they were not there and were brought up in a time when music was shite and had no meaning at all.

I'd be mad as hell and frustrated too if I was them. It's not like they are supposed to get things like NO and JD or The Smiths or even Moz.

Don't they have some DJ to dance to holding champagne and looking expensive?

If by "a few" you mean 38 singles and 10 albums then I agree with you. Anyone who compares Right Said Fred to New Order deserves to spend eternity as an extra in an episode of The Leftovers, playing on repeat in an abandoned psychiatric hospital where the only life is whatever slithers through the rusty pipes of the septic tank.

I'd say you could go to the PeterHooksolo site, the JD site, or the NO site. :)
Then we would get rid of this nonsense here at Moz Solo.
I Imagine you would be welcome.
Oh, wait a minute, not much entertaining hate-stuff there? :(

Maybe Morrissey will get stopped by the police again and there will be something to talk about.

A thumb ring is a very stupid and silly things and I remember a radio station studio slaughtering everyone that had one and that was over 10 years ago.

Hooky should at least teach the new bass player who is still wet behind the ears how to hold a bass to look cool. Hooky is and always will be the best bass player in the world both for how he played the bass but also because of how he handled it and you simply cannot find a cooler bass player ever.

If I ever had to choose anyone that represents the mancunian style and way of life it would be him. He is an absolute top bloke and he stands up for himself which is rare these days.

This thread needs a comment by former Solo forumist Jonathan from Glasgow who actually made a cover for New Order.

I hope he survived his NYC date with Rachel I think her name was.

Millennials up in arms about a mature man that had a real career without ever having to be a Youtube nuissance like the kids of today.

Careers then and careers now live in different worlds and some kids these days claim they work when they sit with a laptop.

Maybe they are just mad that it is harder to be seen and heard today cause they drowned in social media?

If by "a few" you mean 38 singles and 10 albums then I agree with you. Anyone who compares Right Said Fred to New Order deserves to spend eternity as an extra in an episode of The Leftovers, playing on repeat in an abandoned psychiatric hospital where the only life is whatever slithers through the rusty pipes of the septic tank.

Blue Monday
True Faith
Bizarre Love Triangle
errr...World In Motion
and I'm done, can't think of any more

Can you point out where I said good singing?

fail! ^:lbf:

I can't because I DIDN'T SAY you called it 'good singing'. Please reread my post... I'm ASKING YOU 'would you call that good singing?'

:tiphat:

And on top of that you rated it 'off topic'? it's as off topic as your post that I replied to. So I guess I'll do the same to yours. :lbf:

Last edited:
Who buys cd's and vinyls?

I wouldn't but the bands and albums he released were very underrated but in all honesty just some harmless but of fun on the side like he said himself.

Hooky never lets anything affect him in true old school manc style unlike Moz who gets abuse from kid and spends the next 6 months seeking counselling from his gay next door neighbour.

Hooky would have survived Dunkirk whereas Moz would have served his time as a hole of weird kind of love.

Why such homophobia on this site? If Morrissey is gay who cares. It is always brought up as a wimpy way to be. Lighten up on the homophobia mate.

Blue Monday
True Faith
Bizarre Love Triangle
errr...World In Motion
and I'm done, can't think of any more

Wow, you managed to name their worst songs and millennials have no taste in music. There it is, proof.

Just hit print screen and frame that list of bad songs.

fail! ^:lbf:

I can't because I DIDN'T SAY you called it 'good singing'. Please reread my post... I'm ASKING YOU 'would you call that good singing?'

:tiphat:

And on top of that you rated it 'off topic'? it's as off topic as your post that I replied to. So I guess I'll do the same to yours. :lbf:

No I don't, he has never been a good singer and is the first to say it himself, however he has written some tremendous songs.

Was a slip of the thumb or a pocket vote as I didn't rate it off topic

Why such homophobia on this site? If Morrissey is gay who cares. It is always brought up as a wimpy way to be. Lighten up on the homophobia mate.

that's if you think Humasexuality is gay in someway or aspects of it, which I guess, one can see it that way, if they choose. I mean, he never came out as 'gay', not that that would be a bad thing in ANY WAY, but for Him it seems he chose a broader label (even having to invent one) for how he would like to be defined and for how he would like to define himself, which some will understand and respect.

Back
Top Bottom