Official Facebook Peter Katsis: Simpsons Responses (April 19, 2021)

"Surprising what a “turn for the worst" the writing for The Simpson’s tv show has taken in recent years.

Sadly, The Simpson’s show started out creating great insight into the modern cultural experience, but has since degenerated to trying to capitalize on cheap controversy and expounding on vicious rumors.

Poking fun at subjects is one thing. Other shows like SNL still do a great job at finding ways to inspire great satire.

But when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.

Even worse - calling the Morrissey character out for being a racist, without pointing out any specific instances, offers nothing. It only serves to insult the artist.

They should take that mirror and hold it up to themselves.

Simpson’s actor Hank Azaria's recent apology to the whole country of India for his role in upholding "structural racism” says it all.

Unlike the character in the Simpson’s “Panic” episode…….

Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks, has never stopped performing great shows, and is still a serious vegan and strong supporter for animal rights.

By suggesting all of the above in this episode…the Simpson’s hypocritical approach to their storyline says it all.

Truly they are the only ones who have stopped creating, and have instead turned unapologetically hurtful and racist.

Not surprising…... that The Simpsons viewership ratings have gone down so badly over recent years."

As guessed - author is Peter Katsis.
Regards,
FWD.

Update - a second post from Peter Katsis:

More shoddy journalism by COS and Pitchfork today.

They attributed my quote (on The Simpson’s poor writing) to Morrissey, while using false facts to try and support more meaningless stories

More former journalistic press outlets now turning to the same tactics The Simpson’s used to gain attention.

Other real papers, like Rolling Stone, called to ask who wrote the comment.

Someone should tell COS and Pitchfork that is what is called “journalism".

In the meantime nobody has even mentioned the horrible false portrayal of Morrissey used by The Simpsons team. - Peter Katsis

Update - third post. Link posted by Uncleskinny:

Thinking more today on this Simpson’s bullshit…..

Why did Cumberbatch even agree to take this voice-over gig playing the Morrissey character?

Could he be that hard up for cash that he would agree to bad rap another artist that harshly?

Clearly he would have read the outline or script before he took the gig.

Could he actually be as big an asshole as the people on The Simpson’s writing team? and the FOX team?

Apparently so. Maybe he should speak up and tell his side of this.

Does he even have enough balls to do that? - PK

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
It really did seem to have a defeated tone... almost like his entire career has culminated in this mean and lazy parody. I hope he doesn't retire now.

Yeah, I hope he rallies.

It's never a good idea to make decisions when the wound is fresh.

This is worrying. Morrissey says at the end of the statement "It is easier for me not to go on." I'm praying for Morrissey and his family.

Morrissey said he has lost some high-profile friends. He doesn't say who they are perhaps to protect them and their identity. I hope and pray that Chrissie Hynde and Russell Brand are still friends with Morrissey.
Stay calm ,Moz is not going to kill himself because a manga of stupid people speaks ill of him ,Moz has more important things like his new record and his life is well I know, soon he will write something that he will share with us, you will see........ he listens to me and I help him and he helps me

I do like this comment on FB...

"Also for the “cash grab” didn’t you try to sell other peoples records with your signature?! FOH. Clown shoes. "

Nearly every aspect of this retort is factually wrong in an attempt to re-write a shameful history.

Well tough shit, people don't forget. Own your mistakes. Admit you said those things and you meant them.

Who else is to blame for saying the sings he said? Someone else? None of this would have happened if he hadn't have said those things. So ultimately, who is to blame?
Didn't he once get upset that his record label didn't re- release "I'm throwing My Arms Around Paris" because of the Paris attacks, so when they said they would for charity he dropped it.

Guys, don't !!! Moz resisted nothing less than the death of his mother, they really believe that by a stupid program of 4th Moz is going to leave us, well the answer is a resounding no. I know he won't abandon us he knows that for many his presence is important, forget !!!! Moz is whole

Nothing is a ballast for Moz his sad and beautiful blue eyes and he follows more than ever, his heart expresses himself through those little eyes, look at his photos and discover ;) :microphone:;)

How do Morrissey and his "team" always find the most embarrassing and graceless way to respond to this kind of insignificant bullshit? Self-pitying, woe-is-me dribble that perfectly achieves the "Streisand Effect" over anything else.
It’s become a pitty party always playing the victim.

Stay calm ,Moz is not going to kill himself because a manga of stupid people speaks ill of him ,Moz has more important things like his new record and his life is well I know, soon he will write something that he will share with us, you will see........ he listens to me and I help him and he helps me
I hope to God you are right. I hope that Morrissey has supportive family and friends around him. His manager seems nice. I hope working on his new album gives him something to focus on. I'm praying for him and his family.

Morrissey is a victim of The Simpsons cartoon the same way Michael Jackson was. There is something dodgy about that cartoon they always follow the mainstream narrative. They are part of modern cancel culture which started with the #Me Too and Times Up movements. They do predictive programming. I have never looked into who the creators of The Simpsons are. They are on the Fox network in the USA?

The absolute state on this...the replies say it all

"Thinking more today on this Simpson’s bullshit…..
Why did Cumberbatch even agree to take this voice-over gig playing the Morrissey character?
Could he be that hard up for cash that he would agree to bad rap another artist that harshly?
Could he actually be as big an asshole as the people on The Simpson’s writing team? and the FOX team?
Does he even have enough balls to do that? - PK"

Last edited:
You’ve never seen Mozzz☹️☹️☹️
Ohhh Luji.....
He’s f***ing Aweeesome.....
he is!! he's like an ancient stone monolith, with all the gravitas and impenetrable mystery that suggests, in person.

The absolute state on this...the replies say it all

"Thinking more today on this Simpson’s bullshit…..
Does he even have enough balls to do that? - PK"

Maybe it's part of his deal not to get cancelled. After he called black actors "coloured" it came out that his family were on historical record as owning slaves.

Rather than shut up on the topic... Peter Katsis continues to post comments on Morrissey's FB page. Most of the responses are along the lines of "stop embarrassing yourself" - "it's just a cartoon" - "let it go."

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 11.37.44 PM.png

Last edited:
Rather than shut up on the topic... Peter Katsis continues to post comments on Morrissey's FB page. Most of the responses are along the lines of "stop embarrassing yourself" - "it's just a cartoon" - "let it go."

View attachment 71304

The notion that the lead in BBC's Sherlock and Marvel's Dr Strange movies, as well as numerous other movies and TV series might be 'hard up for cash' is just too funny.

View attachment 71304

Maybe it's a ploy to keep Morrissey in the news, personally I think he's doing more harm than good here as the noise about Morrissey had started to die down and now his own manager has kicked it off again.

Maybe it's a ploy to keep Morrissey in the news, personally I think he's doing more harm than good here as the noise about Morrissey had started to die down and now his own manager has kicked it off again.
True, and let's face it, there's nothing Morrissey likes better than to feel like (and indeed play) the victim.

True, and let's face it, there's nothing Morrissey likes better than to feel like (and indeed play) the victim.

Virtually every post on facebook is blasting him for making such a big deal out of a cartoon, eg

If this is your version of PR, then you’re a shit manager and should be sacked. Your “whinging” is doing your client no favors. Wilde is not on your side. Also, to add petty to your pettiness, there is no apostrophe in ‘The Simpsons’.

With respect, Morrissey's manager, I think you've got to pick your battles. This is obviously a popular show and it's not really that unflattering a depiction - it's clearly something that will appeal to a majority of fans of both artists

Does Moz know that you are writing this embarrassing crap on his behalf?! This ep is co-written by Bret McKenzie from Flight of the Conchords.

does nobody on here work,i need to get my arse into gear,iv got two hours of borderlands 3 then im off to work.its too nice a day to be stuck in front of a laptop trying to change something you cant change,cumberbatch is still a space cadet.be on tonight to see if this thread has broken the golden 500 thread count,souns like luxury bedding,cheerio.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom