Phil Spector, music producer known for the ‘wall of sound,’ dies at 81

A

Anonymous

"Phil Spector, Music Producer Known for the ‘Wall of Sound,’ Dies at 81

One of the most influential figures in popular music, he was serving a prison sentence for the murder of a woman who was fatally shot in his home in 2003."

This is a must-read:

Poor Phil. Guess he had a good run. I’m still bemused as to whether he wore wigs or not. Guess we’ll never know. Devil chases the talented 😈

"Phil Spector, Music Producer Known for the ‘Wall of Sound,’ Dies at 81

One of the most influential figures in popular music, he was serving a prison sentence for the murder of a woman who was fatally shot in his home in 2003."

This is a must-read:

Read. I read.

some of the choices he made were frankly shocking
Phil-Spector-1024x628.jpg

I still remember reading a Sunday Times article about the murder. Too much money. Too much power. Turned into an absolute scumbag. RIP Lana.

Darlene Love should be more famous - I've heard her songs my entire life & she's barely mentioned in the press.

I still remember reading a Sunday Times article about the murder. Too much money. Too much power. Turned into an absolute scumbag. RIP Lana.

Yeah, he fvcked up.

Fame didn’t help, creating a bubble with the power/money he had, no one dared to try and help or advise him through the years that he needed help. And of course in isolation his problems escalated.

Of course the problems were most likely there even before the fame, though it’s those same ‘problems’ inflated ego and drive that helped him create (with the help of great artists) the music that he did, with a vision bordering on madness that only he could gift this world with. And we are all richer for it.

He can produce some songs for Michael Jackson and Jimmy Savile can play them on Top of the Pops in Hell.

Back
Top Bottom