Pitchfork review by Mina Tavakoli - IANADOAC 6.1/10

I will read it later because generally speaking, Pitchfork's views on music, and the new music they try to promtote, don't resonate with me.
However, 6,1/10 versus 3/5 (NME and several others) isn't too bad.

"His present fanbase is survived by the morose, the nostalgic, the unaware,
a large number of Lantinxs, and those who have actively chosen to forgo
Morrissey (the man) for Morrissey (the feeling)."
And also The Wild Turkey Community.

I will read it later because generally speaking, Pitchfork's views on music, and the new music they try to promtote, don't resonate with me.
However, 6,1/10 versus 3/5 (NME and several others) isn't too bad.

I don't know HOW it gets that many when she hates him & his writing.

"His present fanbase is survived by the morose, the nostalgic, the unaware,
a large number of Lantinxs, and those who have actively chosen to forgo
Morrissey (the man) for Morrissey (the feeling)."
And also The Wild Turkey Community.

And me, who is none of those things. Cheek of it.

It forever gets on my nerves the way hacks just make things up - oh, he's right-wing, what do I associate with the right, red pills, that'll do.

He's not a men's rights activist.

And no MRA is going to worry about being skinned alive by Canada Goose.

?

I think the comparisons to Houllebecq and Bret Easton Ellis (I have read everything by both writers) are interesting and valid. The writer's description of "those who have actively chosen to forgo Morrissey (the man) for Morrissey (the feeling)" perfectly suits my current attitude to him, so personally I don't feel insulted.

BTW: Why do you think he insults Latin Americans? I Think "disproportionate number" refers to the fact that people there very rarely take a liking to an eccentric English indie/art rock singer like they have done with Morrissey.
As a Latin American Moz's fan I don't think "disproportionate number" means what you think. I think she meant that we might not quite "get" Morrissey, both as man and artist. Well, speaking for myself, of course, I must tell you that I do get Morrissey. Totally. I and I love the man and the artist.

DE2D7448-086E-4254-821E-52AA56FAD344.gif

The only problem with this is review is that it says everything it's got to say in the first paragraph.

It's like someone going, 'I went on holiday, some of it was good and some was bad' then proceeding to give you ten minutes on checking in at the airport.

Incidentally, 6.1 is an odd score isn't it?

Yeah - she hates it, she hates him - still 6.1 (point 1?).

He received positive criticism if we get an average is like this, the negative ones are from people who hate himand who criticize Morrissey person, not a singer and since they are not objective the are worthless, they cannot judge Moz albums because they cannot separate the artist of the man.
The most delusional was that Crazy woman who gave him 0 out of 5, he clearly seeks to attract attention to win 5 minutes of fame!!!
The truth is that they were frozen with the new album and how much more he approuches them Moz is a MUSIC ANIMAL he waits crouching and then attacks,his new album is the example of that attack..VIVA MOZ!!!!❤

He received positive criticism if we get an average is like this, the negative ones are from people who hate himand who criticize Morrissey person, not a singer and since they are not objective the are worthless, they cannot judge Moz albums because they cannot separate the artist of the man.
The most delusional was that Crazy woman who gave him 0 out of 5, he clearly seeks to attract attention to win 5 minutes of fame!!!
The truth is that they were frozen with the new album and how much more he approuches them Moz is a MUSIC ANIMAL he waits crouching and then attacks,his new album is the example of that attack..VIVA MOZ!!!!❤
VIVA MOZ!!!!

I think the comparisons to Houllebecq and Bret Easton Ellis (I have read everything by both writers) are interesting and valid. The writer's description of "those who have actively chosen to forgo Morrissey (the man) for Morrissey (the feeling)" perfectly suits my current attitude to him, so personally I don't feel insulted.

BTW: Why do you think he insults Latin Americans? I Think "disproportionate number" refers to the fact that people there very rarely take a liking to an eccentric English indie/art rock singer like they have done with Morrissey.

I think that the attitude toward Latin Americans might be because that part of his audience - among others - fits poorly for the woke crowd. If their M. is an islamaphobe racist chants get disrupted by facts they start to flail. And they dismiss a very large, diverse group of individuals. A lot like how bigots do.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom