pixies going on tour. said to be playing new material

A

Anonymous

so says pitchfork. playing norfolk va which is where ill be trying to get tickets to as i didnt get replacement tickets (yet). sounds promising and i really hope they put yet another new album out as i loved indie city, snakes in particular with its weird compound time sig was fantastic. hope to see them

Last year was significant for the Pixies: they dropped their first new album since 1991, Indie Cindy, and reissued their seminal LP Doolittle for its 25th anniversary. Now, the band are carrying that momentum into the new year with another round of North American tour dates. The latest stint of shows kicks off May 5 in New Orleans, and includes festival stops at the Shaky Knees Festival, Boston Calling, and the Amnesia Festival (Paz Lenchatin, of A Perfect Circle, Zwan, and the Entrance Band, reprises her role as bassist on this trek.). According to a press release, they'll be playing new material on top of their extensive back catalog. Check out the full listing of dates on the band's website, or after the jump.
Read Mike Powell's dissection of the Pixies catalog.
Pixies:
05-05 New Orleans, LA - Civic Theatre
05-06 Birmingham, AL - Iron City
05-08 Atlanta, GA - Shaky Knees Festival
05-09 Tampa, FL - Big Guava
05-11 North Charleston, SC - PAC
05-12 Charlotte, NC - Ovens Auditorium
05-13 Norfolk, VA - The Norva
05-15 Louisville, KY - Louisville Palace
05-17 Cleveland, OH - Masonic Auditorium
05-19 Niagara Falls, NY - Rapids Theatre
05-21 Burlington, VT - Flynn P.A. Center