Polecats in Dublin

wend1brindle

Just, saw this posted on a Dublin board and thought some might be interested...

THE POLECATS Featuring BOZ BOORER (Morrissey’s post Marr co-writer & musical director from 1991 to today) + M.D.M.(PUNK) + ACES WILD.

The Voodoo Lounge
Friday November 17th
TICKETS: www.tickets.ie

Before The Stray Cats found their niche………...before Morrissey found his back-up band, Boz Boorer, Tim Polecat, Phil Bloomberg and Chris Hawkes were quite literally tearing up venues and auditoriums across Europe.

Formed in the late seventies whilst still in school “The Polecats” found themselves within weeks of forming being courted by major labels with A & R men & record company scouts regularly attending their gigs.

Still in their teens “The Polecats” were promptly signed to Phonograms Mercury label in 1981 & found themselves working in the studio with respected musician & producer Dave Edmunds.
The Polecats heavily influenced by Punk, Rockabilly and 70’s Glam Rock scored three British Top 20 singles with "John, I'm Only Dancing" (the David Bowie song), "Rockabilly Guy" (the former B-side of their independent single "Chicken Shack"), and a cover of the T-Rex (Marc Bolan) song "Jeepster". The Polecats first & only full length album release for Mercury was “Polecats are Go” which is now considered quintessential British Neo-Rockabilly at it’s very best.

Boz Boorer has had a distinguished career with highlights including writing & recording with Adam Ant, Edwyn Collins, Jools Holland & Kirsty MacColl amongst others. He is probably best known though for being Morrissey’s post Marr co-writer & musical director from 1991 to today. Credits include "Your Arsenal", "Southpaw Grammar", "Maladjusted" "Beethoven was Deaf" etc.

The Polecats are:
Martin 'Boz' Boorer - Vocals, Lead Guitar, Sax, Piano
Tim 'Polecat' Worman - Vocals, Guitar
Chris Hawkes/Neil Rooney - Drums
Phil Bloomberg - Slap Bass

THE POLECATS play THE VOODOO LOUNGE DUBLIN ON FRIDAY NOVEMBER 17TH. One of only four shows this year in Europe.

This makes me more confused.
What's going to happen if US/Mexican dates are announced?
Boz will miss these?:confused:

I've heard (from a good source) that the band are playing ''Satan's Hollow'' in Manchester too, though no date given.

The Goat

Back
Top Bottom