Port Chester, NY - Capitol Theatre (Jan. 19, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / Still Ill / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / November Spawned A Monster / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Johnnymel9

• Photos (19 total) by Brother Apostle / flickr. Link posted by docinwestchester.

portchester.jpg

Last edited:
This was my first Morrissey show and I have to say I left not wanting anything. Perfect. Now, the big question, when was the last time, if ever, that he has played 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore'?! What a night!

Great show. As noted, Morrissey opened with That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (which was a wonderful surprise).

The band was solid, the crowd was enthusiastic, the venue was intimate, the set list was great, and Morrissey looked fit as a fiddle. Seriously, he's looking better these days than he did on the last leg of the US tour just a few months ago. Whatever it is he's doing, it suits him down to the ground. He was just a sexy, sexy beast tonight (particularly in that pink shirt).

The Man was a bit chatty, sharing his extended thoughts on the redundancy of the phrase "free gift" and the fact that these days James Bond wears Tom Ford suits and mows down people with impunity, sending a mixed message about the glamor of gun violence. A somewhat strange couple of rambles, but offered up in his usual elliptical, bemused manner.

The highlight was the opener (of course) and Please, Please, Please, which was sung in such a soft, intimate, gentle tone that it felt like a whisper; the crowd went silent as in prayer. Maladjusted and Alma Matters were also fantastic.

There were a few invaders at the encore; Morrissey made a great effort to pull some of them up himself and he gave at least one of them a big hug. Just lovely.

Grabbed dinner afterwards and ran into Jessie Tobias and Solomon Walker, both of whom patiently answered a few questions (particularly Solomon, who seemed much enthused about this leg of the tour).

Goodbye fellas (or 'til we meet again).

Wow. :eek: Something's making Morrissey happy to sing that. Beautiful.

Great show. As noted, Morrissey opened with That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (which was a wonderful surprise).

The band was solid, the crowd was enthusiastic, the venue was intimate, the set list was great, and Morrissey looked fit as a fiddle. Seriously, he's looking better these days than he did on the last leg of the US tour just a few months ago. Whatever it is he's doing, it suits him down to the ground. He was just a sexy, sexy beast tonight (particularly in that pink shirt).

The Man was a bit chatty, sharing his extended thoughts on the redundancy of the phrase "free gift" and the fact that these days James Bond wears Tom Ford suits and mows down people with impunity, sending a mixed message about the glamor of gun violence. A somewhat strange couple of rambles, but offered up in his usual elliptical, bemused manner.

The highlight was the opener (of course) and Please, Please, Please, which was sung in such a soft, intimate, gentle tone that it felt like a whisper; the crowd went silent as in prayer. Maladjusted and Alma Matters were also fantastic.

There were a few invaders at the encore; Morrissey made a great effort to pull some of them up himself and he gave at least one of them a big hug. Just lovely.

Grabbed dinner afterwards and ran into Jessie Tobias and Solomon Walker, both of whom patiently answered a few questions (particularly Solomon, who seemed much enthused about this leg of the tour).

Goodbye fellas (or 'til we meet again).

What did you ask them ? I've always wanted to hear more from the silent artisans

Best of the NY shows so far. That joke was amazing. The man is sounding excellent.
As were the band. Seems like tonight's set list was the most fluid I have seen as late. An amazing venue, sound spectacular. Croud melted at his words and the bands cords. Solid solid solid!

What did you ask them ? I've always wanted to hear more from the silent artisans

Oh, nothing profound. It was just small talk about the tour - the health of the band, the enthusiasm of the crowds, etc.- chitchat. They were cold and on their way to the bus (Jessie in particular looked quite chilled and had his head wrapped). If only it had been a longer encounter - it seemed rude to keep them more than a minute or two.

Oh, nothing profound. It was just small talk about the tour - the health of the band, the enthusiasm of the crowds, etc.- chitchat. They were cold and on their way to the bus (Jessie in particular looked quite chilled and had his head wrapped). If only it had been a longer encounter - it seemed rude to keep them more than a minute or two.

Those two always seem to be arseholes when it comes to bumping into fans after shows. Lucky you.

Here's FDR's video of That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore!

Boner.

Play "Well I Wonder" and then we can have 'Meat Is Murder' in it's entirety live...

Last edited by a moderator:
The man is in LOVE.

Nah. He doesn't believe in it. And it's spelled EL YOU VEE! :flowers:

I'll get me black polyester blazer and fur stole. :p

Moz sang an a Capella version of This Joke Isn't Funny Anymore during the pause in Speedway at Long Island. Nobody mentioned it on here, but it was mentioned on followingthemozziah.blogspot.com

Billie

Still , lucky you !

I remember an article from years back with Alain and Boz talking at some length about their various studio adventures with Moz. Wish more of those type of interviews would appear ( featuring the current line-up) ...

Last edited:
Another comment he made was how ridiculous it is to say "Free Gift"....when, surely ALL gifts are free". "you won't be invoiced for the gift later on". He was probably annoyed at American adverts...and I don't blame him...they annoy me as well.

I'm still on a high from last night. Best show I've seen of the last 3 (Radio City in October, AC last week and now Port Chester). Amazing set list. Loved the venue and the crowd.

Thanks for the well written set-list....seeing him in Pittsburgh tomorrow night, can't wait! I've been a fan since the 80s and this will be my first show...yes, I'm a virgin. =>
1.) That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
2.) Speedway
3,) Everyday Is Like Sunday
4.) Action Is My Middle Name
5.) Shoplifters Of The World Unite
6.) Alma Matters
7.) Maladjusted
8.) Still Ill
9.) Im Throwing My Arms Around Paris
10.) Ouija Board, Ouija Board
11.) Your the One For Me Fatty
12) Black Cloud
13.) November Spawned A Monster
14.) To Give (The Reason I Live)
15.) I Know It's Over
16.) Let Me Kiss You
17.) Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
18.) Meat is Murder
Encore :
19.) How Soon Is Now

Excellent show! I saw Moz the last few times he was in NYC area (Apollo, Carnegie Hall, etc.), and I thought this was one of the best shows. His voice was in fine form. My only request would have been First of the Gang to Die. Otherwise, great show. The MIM video was brutal, and I echo the sentiment of the poster who suggested that may be the last of the meat on my personal menu.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom