Port Chester, NY - Capitol Theatre (Jan. 19, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / Still Ill / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / November Spawned A Monster / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Johnnymel9

• Photos (19 total) by Brother Apostle / flickr. Link posted by docinwestchester.

portchester.jpg

Last edited:
The audio is on Dime. It's a very good sounding recording:

www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=436360

This was my first Morrissey show...loved it! Agree that the crowd and venue were great, as were the performance and setlist. I shot some video as well, which is just okay - lots of heads in the way, but some good closeups in there:

Last edited by a moderator:
Or could it be his new songs making him un-happy cause they're crap and he's going back to the old songs. (SMITHS SONGS)

It's funny how the young Morrissey youth hate The Smiths era and all talk of re-unions yet just look at the comments on here and they're creaming their underwear
cause he played a Smiths song, so funny.
I bet Johnny,Mike and Andy must laugh their bollocks off seeing this lot trying to play these songs and struggle so badly even with an extra man and keyboard.
Or am I just expecting to much from a caberet backing band ? Well, well, well !

Go crawl back in your hole. We're enjoying something lovely here.

Can anyone mirror the recording elsewhere? Dime seems to be over capacity?

Thanks... I was there but have nothing to add. It was an amazing show. So glad we made the drive on a whim!

Listened to it this morning. It's a great sounding recording. Thanks for sharing with us.

HEY MOZRECORDING!! benny here.
as docinwestchester is a personal friend of mine, look for his uploading of both 10-6-12 Waterbury, CT & 10-10-12 Radio City Music Hall REAL SOON!

Last edited:
Yes, drunken idiots on stage left nearly ruined the show for our friends in that area. NYC area crowds are generally the rudest that I encounter. And that's coming from a native. And the behavior that I encountered at Terminal 5 was animalistic to say the least. I must say that people are NOT the same everywhere. Go up to Vermont or New England - Boston and Connecticut and you'll feel the welcome of gracious fans. That's just been my personal experience.

moz was great.

the crowd, not so much. drunk people are idiots. i've been slowly getting more and more annoyed with nyc area crowds and this show proved the point.

dude that was yelling at the twins. had you touched them, your night was going to go downhill real fast.

all in all, you want to get wasted and obnoxious, stay home.

Last edited:

With snippet from "These Things Take Time".

I,for one,did not find Moz to be in a fantastic mood. He seemed exceedingly angry in general and like he wanted to get many songs over with. This was my least favourite show I have attended out of many.
The audience,while enthusiastic to a point,was primarily maddening. Full of painfully inebriated people and near annoyingly rabid fans (especially some crowd surfers) that had no limits.
He couldn't hear himself for the first few songs and hit some sour notes but after a bit was doing a good job. I was happy to hear "This Joke" and am excited that he'll most likely soon do "These Things" because he appears to be previewing the songs he's going to perform during the break in "Speedway".
The venue was awful at letting people in. I arrived at 10:30 and was amongst the first twenty people but whilst being let in the man was too slow checking my ticket and I wound up behind someone that hadn't been within the first 40 but went into the faster checking line.
Kristeen Young's performance was OUTSTANDING though,she had lovely personality and sounded terrific,my favourite time seeing her so far and I desperately hope to see her solo in the future. I enjoyed her more than Morrissey because the fans weren't being psychotically hateful nor were rushing and pushing.
10/10 for Kristeen's performance,8/10 for Mozzer's performance,1000+/10 for Morrissey's gorgeous pink shirt (and lovely tease moves with his clothing throughout),but a mere 5/10 for the show itself because of venue and crowd issues.
Have some good videos and photos though,so there's a sweet plus.

Last edited:

With snippet from "These Things Take Time".

I don't know if it's the same for everyone but this was one of Youtube's selections that I might enjoy after watching this version of Speedway. :D I lol'd.

dsc08188x.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dsc08215n.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dsc08246gx.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dsc08254r.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dsc08302g.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the same for everyone but this was one of Youtube's selections that I might enjoy after watching this version of Speedway. :D I lol'd.

Same with me :))) Quite strange

I,for one,did not find Moz to be in a fantastic mood. He seemed exceedingly angry in general and like he wanted to get many songs over with. This was my least favourite show I have attended out of many.
The audience,while enthusiastic to a point,was primarily maddening. Full of painfully inebriated people and near annoyingly rabid fans (especially some crowd surfers) that had no limits.
He couldn't hear himself for the first few songs and hit some sour notes but after a bit was doing a good job. I was happy to hear "This Joke" and am excited that he'll most likely soon do "These Things" because he appears to be previewing the songs he's going to perform during the break in "Speedway".
The venue was awful at letting people in. I arrived at 10:30 and was amongst the first twenty people but whilst being let in the man was too slow checking my ticket and I wound up behind someone that hadn't been within the first 40 but went into the faster checking line.
Kristeen Young's performance was OUTSTANDING though,she had lovely personality and sounded terrific,my favourite time seeing her so far and I desperately hope to see her solo in the future. I enjoyed her more than Morrissey because the fans weren't being psychotically hateful nor were rushing and pushing.
10/10 for Kristeen's performance,8/10 for Mozzer's performance,1000+/10 for Morrissey's gorgeous pink shirt (and lovely tease moves with his clothing throughout),but a mere 5/10 for the show itself because of venue and crowd issues.
Have some good videos and photos though,so there's a sweet plus.

Morrissey was having a grand time. He did seem a bit hoarse during the middle songs, but seemed to pull it out for the end. It seems one song was cut, because we ended up with 19, but no idea what it was. Did anyone get a paper setlist?

Kristeen was exceptionally good, engaged well with the audience, and they thankfully treated her well. I hate when they give her shit. This morning upon waking I found myself humming her songs...

Thought the venue was great and the staff did an excellent job pre-screening and letting in those of us in line. Great venue and sound, unreal playlist. This was up there for me with Brooklyn and Reading, but they all had their strengths. I think Moz felt good and it showed. This was not AC, that's for sure!

Props to Arturo and Co. who did a fabulous job kicking out the half-wit behind us who threw something on stage and was otherwise acting the dick. That one didn't know what hit her.

There's an amazingly good bootleg out already. Listening now... confirmed my impressions. He sang beautifully and the crowd loved every moment. Huge thanks to whoever taped this!

Go crawl back in your hole. We're enjoying something lovely here.

Ha ha hahah ahh ha !!!! !!!! The Moz youth creaming their pants on very-old-SMITHS-songs.Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!
When Mom empty's the laundry basket she's gonna think you met someone really close!!!!!!! DOH!!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom