Portland, OR - Schnitzer Concert Hall (Oct. 31, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Spent The Day In Bed / Alma Matters / Speedway / When You Open Your Legs / Home Is A Question Mark / Istanbul / When Last I Spoke To Carol / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey Previews New Album at U.S. Tour Opener in Portland on Halloween by Robert Ham - Billboard. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photos by Sam Gehrke Photography (9 total) - Official Morrissey / Facebook. Link posted by Famous when dead.
    41157_portland.jpg
  • Photos (2 total) from @samgehrkephotography / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.
    41158_portland2.jpg

• Chrissie Hynde backdrop during "Back On The Chain Gang" posted by an anonymous person:
    41136_back_on_the_chain_gang_backdrop.jpg

• Image from @farkomalarco / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Creeps #MorrisseyTour2017 #Halloween
    41143_portland-band.jpg

Last edited:
Then stop whining you sad old dorkmeister and f*** off. "Back in the old days Morrissey was so much better and I was able to maintain an erection. Well almost." No one gives a flying f***, you keep repeating your sad story, we're not your grandchildren and we don't want to hear your war stories about the glory days. c***.

Well back in the day when you were just a cum stain on your mommas back I was watching Morrissey still in his prime and I got to see that, and all you’ll ever get to see is washed up dementia Morrissey, so your gonna hear it wether you like it or not bitch.

Well back in the day when you were just a cum stain on your mommas back I was watching Morrissey still in his prime and I got to see that, and all you’ll ever get to see is washed up dementia Morrissey, so your gonna hear it wether you like it or not bitch.
You heard it here first folks. Morrissey is old. For similar updates check back soon

What is he saying.. Grabbed you by???

The Heinz baked beans. Pmsl.

Well dunno what was wrong with that performance, seemed pretty good to me. Cheers for the video

Kiss my grits asshole. I saw Morrissey twice in 91 when you were still fingering porcupines in your basement pretending to do your biology homework. It's called aging f***face. One day your butt ugly face will get even uglier with age and you'll beg me for forgiveness.

Yes, but for the sake of this,, let's make it personal with him. I would have to look at the setlist and songwriting credits, then back to the setlist again to figure it out, but songwriting in Smiths was Morrissey/Marr, he plays a couple numbers a night, Johnny gets a small (to him) check. Songwriting in M-Solo, is Whyte, Boorer, Street, etc. I would be interested in seeing a breakdown on songwriters. Maybe he doesn't want to give certain people any money. He's kind of notorious for burning his bridges behind him. Current band members just get their normal pay.

It was just a random "what if" thought I had regarding the predominantly modern and repetitive setlist.

I don't think -where live performances are concerned - songwriting royalties are paid, unless of course, a live album/ video is released as an official product.

Last edited:
The Heinz baked beans. Pmsl.

Well dunno what was wrong with that performance, seemed pretty good to me. Cheers for the video

Awful !
Bet Johnny, Mike and Andy would play it a million times better.
Turn it on it's head and stay in bed Stevo ffs.

Benny-the-Britush-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Kiss my grits asshole. I saw Morrissey twice in 91 when you were still fingering porcupines in your basement pretending to do your biology homework. It's called aging f***face. One day your butt ugly face will get even uglier with age and you'll beg me for forgiveness.

Oh my someone has grown old and senile heavens to betsy

Awful !
Bet Johnny, Mike and Andy would play it a million times better.
Turn it on it's head and stay in bed Stevo ffs.

Benny-the-Britush-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Well we'll never know now will we so this will have to do. Certainly better fist of it than the Smiths tribute band I saw earlier this year.

I'm spending the day in bed cos I've got manflu

I don't think -where live performances are concerned - songwriting royalties are paid, unless of course, a live album/ video is released as an official product.

Here is how it works. Taken from quora and edited by me:

Musicians are NEVER responsible for paying performance royalties.
For live performances, the venue is responsible for paying song royalties to the songwriters and their assignees who may or may not be the group you associate the song with.

The local performing rights organization ASCAP, BMI, SESAC police the situation and theoretically distribute the royalties to the rightful copyright owners. It is an imperfect system.
In live performance the venue will either pay an annualized flat fee for use of copyrighted music or a percentage of concert gross, in both cases for a blanket license.

There are artists who avoid playing cover songs in concert in order to maximise their own public performance income. There are other artists who go out of their way to play a composition by someone who they know needs the income.

Last edited:
theres a new troll in town Benjamin will be raging.
started something sounded great,baked beans line will be in it for the rest of the tour.

I think dressing the band up like this robs them of all dignity and self-respect, and just makes them look a laughing stock who'll do anything for money. I think Morrissey should go back to the classic band look: putting them in speedos and writing in marker pen on their chests.

Here is how it works. Taken from quora and edited by me:

Musicians are NEVER responsible for paying performance royalties.
For live performances, the venue is responsible for paying song royalties to the songwriters and their assignees who may or may not be the group you associate the song with.

The local performing rights organization ASCAP, BMI, SESAC police the situation and theoretically distribute the royalties to the rightful copyright owners. It is an imperfect system.
In live performance the venue will either pay an annualized flat fee for use of copyrighted music or a percentage of concert gross, in both cases for a blanket license.

There are artists who avoid playing cover songs in concert in order to maximise their own public performance income. There are other artists who go out of their way to play a composition by someone who they know needs the income.

Thanks for this, very interesting. Must be quite a difficult thing to police especially as a lot of smaller venues depend upon tribute bands to (basically) keep them open as tributes often attract larger audiences with more disposable income (for the bar).

Had no idea the venue has to pay some form of songwriting royalties

That actually made me laugh, but yeah plugging away at your momma is getting a bit tedious.

The only momma you've ever plugged is Big Momma's Pizza wrapped around your crusty mini-me dick.
Your'e the new troll in town but where you been hiding all these years? What made you leave George Michael Solo?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom