Portland, OR - Schnitzer Concert Hall (Oct. 31, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Spent The Day In Bed / Alma Matters / Speedway / When You Open Your Legs / Home Is A Question Mark / Istanbul / When Last I Spoke To Carol / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey Previews New Album at U.S. Tour Opener in Portland on Halloween by Robert Ham - Billboard. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photos by Sam Gehrke Photography (9 total) - Official Morrissey / Facebook. Link posted by Famous when dead.
    41157_portland.jpg
  • Photos (2 total) from @samgehrkephotography / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.
    41158_portland2.jpg

• Chrissie Hynde backdrop during "Back On The Chain Gang" posted by an anonymous person:
    41136_back_on_the_chain_gang_backdrop.jpg

• Image from @farkomalarco / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Creeps #MorrisseyTour2017 #Halloween
    41143_portland-band.jpg

Last edited:
This is the first performance of “I Started Something...” by Moz solo, right? That’s cool! Can’t wait for the video clips to surface of that one.

Long gong are the days when I was excited to hear Speedway live...

I was thinking about going to one of the Hollywood Bowl shows, but that setlist isn't that great.

With all the songs that Moz, has from his Solo and the Smiths, he could have the crowd going wild....

But no sorry that can't the case.

This is the first performance of “I Started Something...” by Moz solo, right? That’s cool! Can’t wait for the video clips to surface of that one.
It is the first performance ever unless I've missed one. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this in the rush to criticise the set list.

This setlist is utter shit playing to death the same songs over and over again, meat is murder really? It’s been played on I believe every tour since 2000 or 2002 please never play that song ever again meat is fan murder to they’re ears I’ve never met a fan who has ever said meat is murder is they’re favorite song. World peace utter bore, hsin on another go around on the setlist tour. It’s pretty much predictable what he’s gonna play, maybe if he hasn’t played the same o’l Tunes and recycled them over and over more folks would line up to see him. It’s sad to see him like this now, because before if the album was crap or there wasn’t an album you could count on at least seeing a good live show but that hasn’t happened in the last almost 10 years. Morrissey please retire your just a shell of your past self. If your younger self saw you how you are now he would cry.

Surprised to see all the negative feedback. To me, the show was great and even though the songs might be recycled, they still sounded great and played well. Moz sounded as good as ever in my opinion. Meeting Moz and Boz was cool too..

Really happy to see I Started Something in there, was always surprised it never got an airing in the proper solo years.

I haven't heard the new songs so won't complain about the number of them, but there's too many songs from World Peace. For the record, I LOVE that album, genuinely, but it's practically been "toured" continuously for the better part of three years. And I like Ganglord too, but at, what, five minutes or so, it's a bit of a slog.

I think there's room for three or four changes, some more earlier solo gems, that that would make the setlist par for a new album and tour.

Wow! Any details you’d like to share about the meeting? Was this before or after the show?

Boz was before, Moz was after. Caught Boz coming in and got a photo with him. Met Morrissey at his hotel after the show. Only myself and another friend were there. Bus pulled up and moz walked off. Was hesitant at first but ended up signing. It's been two hours now and Im still coming down.
FB_IMG_1509522426394.jpg

This setlist is utter shit playing to death the same songs over and over again, meat is murder really? It’s been played on I believe every tour since 2000 or 2002 please never play that song ever again meat is fan murder to they’re ears I’ve never met a fan who has ever said meat is murder is they’re favorite song. World peace utter bore, hsin on another go around on the setlist tour. It’s pretty much predictable what he’s gonna play, maybe if he hasn’t played the same o’l Tunes and recycled them over and over more folks would line up to see him. It’s sad to see him like this now, because before if the album was crap or there wasn’t an album you could count on at least seeing a good live show but that hasn’t happened in the last almost 10 years. Morrissey please retire your just a shell of your past self. If your younger self saw you how you are now he would cry.

Well you're a tosser and a half aren't you?

If your younger self saw how you are now he would cry and self-lobotomize himself with a knitting needle so he wouldn't have to experience the sadness of reading about Morrissey live because he'd be a right royal drama queen pontificating plonker who thinks 'I Started Something...' is 'utter shit'?

Sounds like a good gig judging by the Periscope recording - love it when he gets a bit rough on the vocals! - sad to hear that it looked tired.

PS, am I the only one annoyed by the new bassline in Speedway? I find it really cheesy, almost as much as the Gustavo outro.

Last edited:
Great setlist, just drop Ganglord now please, esp as there is another anti-Police song available now.
I expect the number of new songs will slowly rise to 9-10 this next month.

Anyone know which song he came on to? Or the pre-gig videos?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom