Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Oscar Wilde and Jedward share a birthday. Proof astrology is real.

Angela Lansbury (93)
Jedward (27)
Caterina Scorsone (37)
Jeremy Jackson (38)
John Mayer (41)
Kellie Martin (43)
Wendy Wilson (49)
Davina McCall (51)
Flea (56)
Kim Wayans (57)
Tim Robbins (60)
David Zucker (71)
Bob Weir (71)
Suzanne Somers (72)
Barry Corbin (78)
Nico (1938-1988)
Eugene O’Neill (1888-1953)
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Oscar Wilde and Jedward share a birthday. Proof astrology is real.

Angela Lansbury (93)
Jedward (27)
Caterina Scorsone (37)
Jeremy Jackson (38)
John Mayer (41)
Kellie Martin (43)
Wendy Wilson (49)
Davina McCall (51)
Flea (56)
Kim Wayans (57)
Tim Robbins (60)
David Zucker (71)
Bob Weir (71)
Suzanne Somers (72)
Barry Corbin (78)
Nico (1938-1988)
Eugene O’Neill (1888-1953)
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Micheal Collins too, and not being bitchy I think Davina is older than me. :confused:

She was on the Skavlan show this week and I think they air it tonight. It is available on swedish play service SVT Play but not yet on Youtube.
I will post the interview in the the Youtube thread when it pops up. She spent last winter freezing her something off in Sweden.

LOL
I have a typing stutter!
Never liked the band much either they only had one song.

What a disgusting, shameless, hypocrite woman, best friend of Trump before the election till the point their daughters are still friends.

It's sickening the way these sociopaths divide the socities they rule, inventing a fake political dicotomy à la Machiavelli, when in fact they all are the same sh*t.

Wake up people, don't fight anymore with your neighbors, family and friends over a political leader, this is happening all around the world, not just in US. These people dine together and we are the pig with apple in mouth on their table.

Bitch.
The Devil said he was going to do this, create civil war and setting people against each other, I read about the Stigmata of Breton and as crazy as it may sound I believe it. And Chelsea hugly Clinton tweeted the Church of Satan. People are being demonised en masse. I’ve had examples personally of idiots being drawn in. Well said you for pointing it out. They are all evil. Dimbos are falling for it. WAKE UP.

Didn't realise how easy it would be to text my brother after twenty years. I suppose when you love someone it's not too hard. Fed up of trying to avoid looking like a fool. I told him I was drinking like a fish. Hardly any surprise to him. Love him to bits.

Didn't realise how easy it would be to text my brother after twenty years. I suppose when you love someone it's not too hard. Fed up of trying to avoid looking like a fool. I told him I was drinking like a fish. Hardly any surprise to him. Love him to bits.
But when we end up being the ones saying sorry we tend to end up being other peoples door mat. I hope you are prepared for what it means to suddenly be in contact with someone again.
I hope it all goes well.

well, one of the boys was upstairs and I went out in the hallway (in my pajamas cause I have no pride!) and I said: please make sure to keep it down tonight, not like last Friday. after 11 I shouldn't be having to deal with that kind of noise. and he nodded and was like yeah yeah, for sure (I am always struck whenever I talk to him by the suspicion he might actually be a nice boy, but by nature of what he is, I don't trust him all the same). and then a couple minutes later I got a knock on my door from one of the other boys (the spokesperson, I guess) from downstairs wanting to give me his cell number (I didn't tell him that I don't have a cell phone because then I wouldn't be able to threaten him with calling the police) in case there is too much noise tonight, I said, sure and took it down. then I explained to him how they got the details of the complaint notice wrong and he said "yeah, we figured that out", and he seemed to be rather more reasonable about it than I expected, so I told him I would try to be more relaxed about it all, and hopefully now that I've talked to them, and they don't seem like total jerks I actually will be. but it's hard. it's so hard. I cant stand other peoples noise, I just cant. in fact, they're on the veranda (or whatever it's called) right now talking and im already annoyed all over again. just go to bed, you assholes!

well, one of the boys was upstairs and I went out in the hallway (in my pajamas cause I have no pride!) and I said: please make sure to keep it down tonight, not like last Friday. after 11 I shouldn't be having to deal with that kind of noise. and he nodded and was like yeah yeah, for sure (I am always struck whenever I talk to him by the suspicion he might actually be a nice boy, but by nature of what he is, I don't trust him all the same). and then a couple minutes later I got a knock on my door from one of the other boys (the spokesperson, I guess) from downstairs wanting to give me his cell number (I didn't tell him that I don't have a cell phone because then I wouldn't be able to threaten him with calling the police) in case there is too much noise tonight, I said, sure and took it down. then I explained to him how they got the details of the complaint notice wrong and he said "yeah, we figured that out", and he seemed to be rather more reasonable about it than I expected, so I told him I would try to be more relaxed about it all, and hopefully now that I've talked to them, and they don't seem like total jerks I actually will be. but it's hard. it's so hard. I cant stand other peoples noise, I just cant. in fact, they're on the veranda (or whatever it's called) right now talking and im already annoyed all over again. just go to bed, you assholes
Oh Rifke, you're going through all the things I went through with noise. You start doubting yourself and second guessing people's reactions and motives. Try to concentrate on the basics. There's a problem and you need to sort it. It's nothing personal, it's your home and you're unable to enjoy it fully. It's very hard to stay objective when these things happen though. By the very nature of the problem it's going too make you feel cranky... people must make allowances for this.

Oh Rifke, you're going through all the things I went through with noise. You start doubting yourself and second guessing people's reactions and motives. Try to concentrate on the basics. There's a problem and you need to sort it. It's nothing personal, it's your home and you're unable to enjoy it fully. It's very hard to stay objective when these things happen though. By the very nature of the problem it's going too make you feel cranky... people must make allowances for this.
did you have a problem with noise, too, spineless? tell me about it! do you recommend I take up drinking to deal with it? :D I've been thinking now that pot's legal I could just develop a habit which would hopefully chill me out a bit. that'd be one way to fix this problem.
you're right, I do second guess myself. part of it is that I know I am a rather intolerant bunny. I have been known to leave the break room at work in a huff when someone is in there sniffling, while other people seem oblivious to the fact that the irksome persons face is a veritable mucus factory upon which I imagine all the lumps and folds of fat to be in fact mucous sacs. and also, I appreciate a person who makes the effort to explain and be reasonable as the young man did. and while he was up here I was trying to explain my position, why I was so annoyed, by saying "I don't know you people, I don't know what youre like, so it makes me uncomfortable" (which I hope he didn't take to mean I want to be his friend), which is basically the same thing as saying "if I liked you, the noise would be okay", which is perhaps not fair to them.
part of it is the noise that annoys me, but also even without any noise the idea of a bunch of people beneath me (and I inferred from him that there are at least 4 living on the main floor, when I had thought there were only two) annoys me, makes me want to complain about noise even in the absence of any. because when im at home I want to feel insulated, I want stillness and silence, I don't want any implication of activity or commotion or life anywhere around me, you know?

also they're being really quiet tonight, and that makes me uncomfortable because I don't want them to feel like they cant move or do anything. it's also going to make me worry about the noise I make. maybe they can hear me walking around at night too. oy, what a mess this all is.

did you have a problem with noise, too, spineless? tell me about it! do you recommend I take up drinking to deal with it? :D I've been thinking now that pot's legal I could just develop a habit which would hopefully chill me out a bit. that'd be one way to fix this problem.
you're right, I do second guess myself. part of it is that I know I am a rather intolerant bunny. I have been known to leave the break room at work in a huff when someone is in there sniffling, while other people seem oblivious to the fact that the irksome persons face is a veritable mucus factory upon which I imagine all the lumps and folds of fat to be in fact mucous sacs. and also, I appreciate a person who makes the effort to explain and be reasonable as the young man did. and while he was up here I was trying to explain my position, why I was so annoyed, by saying "I don't know you people, I don't know what youre like, so it makes me uncomfortable" (which I hope he didn't take to mean I want to be his friend), which is basically the same thing as saying "if I liked you, the noise would be okay", which is perhaps not fair to them.
part of it is the noise that annoys me, but also even without any noise the idea of a bunch of people beneath me (and I inferred from him that there are at least 4 living on the main floor, when I had thought there were only two) annoys me, makes me want to complain about noise even in the absence of any. because when im at home I want to feel insulated, I want stillness and silence, I don't want any implication of activity or commotion or life anywhere around me, you know?
I think people tend to take noise as part and parcel of living where I do, because a lot of them are short term tenants and will be moving on. I won't have it. Its out of order. Its an act of aggression. It makes you feel sullied and abused. Especially when you don't know these people from Adam. You've chosen to live a quiet life. If they want to make noise then it's up to them to find a place fit for purpose. It shouldn't be up to you to accommodate them.

I think people tend to take noise as part and parcel of living where I do, because a lot of them are short term tenants and will be moving on. I won't have it. Its out of order. Its an act of aggression. It makes you feel sullied and abused. Especially when you don't know these people from Adam. You've chosen to live a quiet life. If they want to make noise then it's up to them to find a place fit for purpose. It shouldn't be up to you to accommodate them.
thank you spineless. you are exactly right! I have chosen to live a quiet life. it's so unfair that people can choose to fill a place with noise on a whim, but to try to fill a place with quietness is so much more difficult and you end up pissing people off in the process.
come be my roommate spineless! fill my life with peculiar musings and cute jokes!

also they're being really quiet tonight, and that makes me uncomfortable because I don't want them to feel like they cant move or do anything. it's also going to make me worry about the noise I make. maybe they can hear me walking around at night too. oy, what a mess this all is.
Stop worrying Rifke. It's no sacrifice to go about life in a noiseless fashion.

well, one of the boys was upstairs and I went out in the hallway (in my pajamas cause I have no pride!) and I said: please make sure to keep it down tonight, not like last Friday. after 11 I shouldn't be having to deal with that kind of noise. and he nodded and was like yeah yeah, for sure (I am always struck whenever I talk to him by the suspicion he might actually be a nice boy, but by nature of what he is, I don't trust him all the same). and then a couple minutes later I got a knock on my door from one of the other boys (the spokesperson, I guess) from downstairs wanting to give me his cell number (I didn't tell him that I don't have a cell phone because then I wouldn't be able to threaten him with calling the police) in case there is too much noise tonight, I said, sure and took it down. then I explained to him how they got the details of the complaint notice wrong and he said "yeah, we figured that out", and he seemed to be rather more reasonable about it than I expected, so I told him I would try to be more relaxed about it all, and hopefully now that I've talked to them, and they don't seem like total jerks I actually will be. but it's hard. it's so hard. I cant stand other peoples noise, I just cant. in fact, they're on the veranda (or whatever it's called) right now talking and im already annoyed all over again. just go to bed, you assholes!
Oh, but Rifke, that's really good! Think about how badly it could have gone. Instead, they are talking to you and offering up their mobile number. That's proper, contrite, co-operation. I'd call that a result! The problem when you've started to notice a noise (or any other aggravating behaviour) is that suddenly, it's all you can think about. Every subsequent little incident gets magnified and fuels the anxiety. Easy for me to say, I know, but try tuning out to the minor stuff if you can, because you will feel much less stressed for it.

That's the best way to solve it and so did I by giving my number to a neighbour to call me when she thought any noise came from me cause that way the landlord doesn't have to send me apology letters when the neighbour blamed me for noises in her head or sounds coming from cars playing loud music on weekends stopping to pick people up or drop them off.
The next step for a whining old lady as yourself is to finally get those 50 cats and start putting up angry notes and show your fist to kids playing. Surely there is a local paper where you can post anonymous complaints about people in general?
You're on your way now to finally becoming your mother.

Oh, but Rifke, that's really good! Think about how badly it could have gone. Instead, they are talking to you and offering up their mobile number. That's proper, contrite, co-operation. I'd call that a result! The problem when you've started to notice a noise (or any other aggravating behaviour) is that suddenly, it's all you can think about. Every subsequent little incident gets magnified and fuels the anxiety. Easy for me to say, I know, but try tuning out to the minor stuff if you can, because you will feel much less stressed for it.
it's just that I find it jarring, all the slamming and thumping noises. I mean, im sitting there telling myself im not going to let any noise bother me, and then I hear a slam and im jolted before I can even tell myself not to let it bother me. I mean if it were some constant noise I might be able to get used to it (which is why it might be better if they were to play music), but it's really hard to get used to these patternless jolting noises. and when it goes on and on for hours.... even I forget how bad it is when it's not happening--I think "what was the big deal?". but at the time it's happening it's really nerve wracking.
also, it's what is attached to the noise that bothers me, and that's where I might not be being fair to them. one of my first impressions of them was when one of the boys family was over helping him move, and they were having breakfast and their stupid little dog ran out the front door when I opened it (and I had to pretend to care "oh no, your dog got out! do something!") and the boy came out in his boxer shorts and beastie boys t-shirt to bring it back, and I was just struck by that image of pedestrian surburban life that depresses me to no end and of which I really did not want to have to be subjected to glimpses of. so im doubly resentful that the people who are annoying me are people whose lifestyles I loathe, and who im continually astounded and annoyed to find exist in the same realm as I do.
I guess im glad it happened the way it did, by my involving the manager, because now at least they know if I request that they stop making noise or whatever that they're not complying as a favour to me, but as a favour to themselves (so that they don't get kicked out).

it's just that I find it jarring, all the slamming and thumping noises. I mean, im sitting there telling myself im not going to let any noise bother me, and then I hear a slam and im jolted before I can even tell myself not to let it bother me. I mean if it were some constant noise I might be able to get used to it (which is why it might be better if they were to play music), but it's really hard to get used to these patternless jolting noises. and when it goes on and on for hours.... even I forget how bad it is when it's not happening--I think "what was the big deal?". but at the time it's happening it's really nerve wracking.
also, it's what is attached to the noise that bothers me, and that's where I might not be being fair to them. one of my first impressions of them was when one of the boys family was over helping him move, and they were having breakfast and their stupid little dog ran out the front door when I opened it (and I had to pretend to care "oh no, your dog got out! do something!") and the boy came out in his boxer shorts and beastie boys t-shirt to bring it back, and I was just struck by that image of pedestrian surburban life that depresses me to no end and of which I really did not want to have to be subjected to glimpses of. so im doubly resentful that the people who are annoying me are people whose lifestyles I loathe, and who im continually astounded and annoyed to find exist in the same realm as I do.
I guess im glad it happened the way it did, by my involving the manager, because now at least they know if I request that they stop making noise or whatever that they're not complying as a favour to me, but as a favour to themselves (so that they don't get kicked out).
That is really tough if you're so sensitive to other people's noises/daily rhythms. The positive thing, though, is they don't seem like the Neighbours From Hell that they could have been, and are in fact fairly normal boys who don't want to cause trouble. Plus, they haven't got narky because you complained. That's worth something, no?

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom