Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Firefox_Screenshot_2016-11-09T05-50-10.013Z.png

How can so many people be so irresponsible and fall for this rhetoric, this gimmick?

I'm gonna go live on the island and the rest of the world can kiss my arse.

Well, he won.

I only hope people who seem surprised for the result don't blame the victims who voted for what they considered the less bad alternative. The responsibility belongs to the (lack of true) leadership.

How can so many people be so irresponsible and fall for this rhetoric, this gimmick?

I'm gonna go live on the island and the rest of the world can kiss my arse.

I think the problem isn't that so many people support Trump, although his racist rhetoric did seem to appeal to many first time voters. The problem, as I see it, is that people, rightfully and with good reason, do not trust Hillary. Would she have been a better more stable choice? Yes, and it's shocking that she lost. But she is arrogant, she is a proven liar, wikileaks proved she evaded justice in the private server scandal, and people just do not like her.
This follows on the heels of Obama who got into office and then continued the things he said he would do away with, continued the torture, transferred prisoners to black sites, where there was no trace of them, stopped the investigation into the war crimes of the previous administration, claimed sovereign immunity, signed laws taking away constitutional rights from American citizens, such basic rights as the right to an attorney, the right to a trial, the right to know the charges against you. He continued the spying without warrants, and Hillary refused to say whether or not she was going to do anything about it. The only thing I heard her say that sounded good was about the solar panels, and why did she just think of that now when that technology has been around her entire political career.

So Trump is a horrible person who mocks the disabled and has no respect for women or minorities and she thought that would be enough to insure her election. Most people did. But unfortunately, as horrible as his message was, people believed him when he said it, and he did manage to get quite a few people to register to vote for the first time. Hillary? If she told me water was wet I'd have to wonder what she's trying to pull.

Now, maybe the Democratic Party will get the picture and realize that people want real change. That's how Obama got elected and it's how Trump is going to be elected. They need to stop playing it safe. Those people were never going to vote for Hillary anyway. She and they thought it was her turn and that by running against a clown they were assured of victory. But she's just too shady and a great many people made protest votes. There are people who wouldn't vote for her for being too liberal and other people who wouldn't vote for her for being too conservative. Her marriage equality speech did it for me. And Obama was telling the truth when he said she will say anything and change nothing.
It looks like she still might win the popular vote but of course that doesn't matter anyway.
Firefox_Screenshot_2016-11-09T07-41-44.211Z.png

I think the problem isn't that so many people support Trump, although his racist rhetoric did seem to appeal to many first time voters. The problem, as I see it, is that people, rightfully and with good reason, do not trust Hillary. Would she have been a better more stable choice? Yes, and it's shocking that she lost. But she is arrogant, she is a proven liar, wikileaks proved she evaded justice in the private server scandal, and people just do not like her.
This follows on the heels of Obama who got into office and then continued the things he said he would do away with, continued the torture, transferred prisoners to black sites, where there was no trace of them, stopped the investigation into the war crimes of the previous administration, claimed sovereign immunity, signed laws taking away constitutional rights from American citizens, such basic rights as the right to an attorney, the right to a trial, the right to know the charges against you. He continued the spying without warrants, and Hillary refused to say whether or not she was going to do anything about it. The only thing I heard her say that sounded good was about the solar panels, and why did she just think of that now when that technology has been around her entire political career.

So Trump is a horrible person who mocks the disabled and has no respect for women or minorities and she thought that would be enough to insure her election. Most people did. But unfortunately, as horrible as his message was, people believed him when he said it, and he did manage to get quite a few people to register to vote for the first time. Hillary? If she told me water was wet I'd have to wonder what she's trying to pull.

Now, maybe the Democratic Party will get the picture and realize that people want real change. That's how Obama got elected and it's how Trump is going to be elected. They need to stop playing it safe. Those people were never going to vote for Hillary anyway. She and they thought it was her turn and that by running against a clown they were assured of victory. But she's just too shady and a great many people made protest votes. There are people who wouldn't vote for her for being too liberal and other people who wouldn't vote for her for being too conservative. Her marriage equality speech did it for me. And Obama was telling the truth when he said she will say anything and change nothing.
It looks like she still might win the popular vote but of course that doesn't matter anyway.
View attachment 40847

I won't argue with you about Hilary saying what she believes people want to hear and being arrogant, but so is every politician in the world. So is Trump, so was Bill, so were the Bushes, hell so was Obama ... Why does SHE get so much crap?

I won't argue with you about Hilary saying what she believes people want to hear and being arrogant, but so is every politician in the world. So is Trump, so was Bill, so were the Bushes, hell so was Obama ... Why does SHE get so much crap?
I honestly don't know because when you're talking about how people are perceived it seems difficult to be less likable that Donald Trump. Maybe it is because she is a woman. But a lot of the crap she gets is about very specific issues. With Obama it was usually nonsense and conspiracy theories. "He was born in Kenya" or "He is a Muslim." Those things worked in his favor because they took away from the real issues.
But the thing is the Republican Party has an advantage in that the core group they appeal to has traditionally been less progressive, more fearful, less concerned with equality. So Trump's routine, while being pretty crude, is not that far away from what that party has been selling for a long time, just in a much more subtle way. So maybe personality isn't as important. But on the other hand I used to watch Trump's show The Apprentice, and I found him to be entertaining. Lots of people did. It was one of the top shows. You couldn't really take him seriously but his act seemed like an exaggerated performance and it was amusing. My point is that I didn't find him unlikable, and lots of people didn't. I didn't think that was really him, but a character based on him, and I think that's what he was campaigning as, as well. As everyone knows he donated a lot of money to the Clinton's in the past, and is probably far more liberal than the character he took on to get elected.
I'm not sure. I'm sort of saying that maybe she is not as likable as he is, but I can't even convince myself of that. I don't know. But there is just something about her that people don't like. And she must have an extreme case of whatever it is because he is far from charming. Maybe Americans will accept that kind of behavior and attitude from a man and not a woman? It's all I can really come up with. They're both awful people but having him as President is not a good thing for the US of the world.

i find hilary clinton personable, i liked her at the start, but toward the end with all the talk of pedophilia, suicides, payouts etc surrounding her she became a bit of a sinister figure. still would've been better trump though obviously

felt like I woke up this morning in some parallel bizarro world where only the impossible happens, and the impossible has happened. :straightface:

the polls were rigged !!!

Last edited:
In think we can definitely say modern polling models are unfit for modern times and no longer as reliable as they once were. Now I'm just curious what will happen. Will he keep any of the crazy promises he made on the campainge trail and will people really enjoy spect him to and if so how many. Will he ban or screen Muslims, will he build a wall and tear up trade agreement. will he bring back manufacturing and save the coal industry. Deport the millions already here. What will happen to taxes. The Dow will spring back as people unwind bets they made for Clinton and wait for uncertainty to clear. Providing he doesn't and can't do all of the things he's claiming stock will come back. What scare me more or at least equal to his damage with foreign policy such as talking to China about the sea dispute or what he might do to NATO and Russian sanctions it's an unchecked republican congress I fear the most many of whom are the same people from the bush era. Cutting taxes for wealthier Americans while cutting spending for poor ones deregulation and eroding workers rights while deign eating in infrastructure spending accept in economically valuable areas. I don't know if Bernie ran it'd be any different. A lot,of Clinton supporters would have voted him but I don't know if he'd have been able to pull enough Hispanic support or black support, especially the older ones. I don't know how he'd have done in the debates. You can't prove a negative in a lot of these cases but it's fifty fifty in my mind. Youth vote turnout did hurt though. I also saw problems with him not being able to follow through with any of his promises and depressing his voters almost immediately, which I think will somewhat happen to trump, but at least we might have had the court nominee

I honestly don't know because when you're talking about how people are perceived it seems difficult to be less likable that Donald Trump. Maybe it is because she is a woman. But a lot of the crap she gets is about very specific issues. With Obama it was usually nonsense and conspiracy theories. "He was born in Kenya" or "He is a Muslim." Those things worked in his favor because they took away from the real issues.
But the thing is the Republican Party has an advantage in that the core group they appeal to has traditionally been less progressive, more fearful, less concerned with equality. So Trump's routine, while being pretty crude, is not that far away from what that party has been selling for a long time, just in a much more subtle way. So maybe personality isn't as important. But on the other hand I used to watch Trump's show The Apprentice, and I found him to be entertaining. Lots of people did. It was one of the top shows. You couldn't really take him seriously but his act seemed like an exaggerated performance and it was amusing. My point is that I didn't find him unlikable, and lots of people didn't. I didn't think that was really him, but a character based on him, and I think that's what he was campaigning as, as well. As everyone knows he donated a lot of money to the Clinton's in the past, and is probably far more liberal than the character he took on to get elected.
I'm not sure. I'm sort of saying that maybe she is not as likable as he is, but I can't even convince myself of that. I don't know. But there is just something about her that people don't like. And she must have an extreme case of whatever it is because he is far from charming. Maybe Americans will accept that kind of behavior and attitude from a man and not a woman? It's all I can really come up with. They're both awful people but having him as President is not a good thing for the US of the world.

To summarise, every little fault sticks to her like a scarlet letter for some reason, but his faults are dismissed as he's just being a dude / businessman / celebrity / outsider.

i hope this doesnt mean that americans are going to fulfill their threat and ACTUALLY move to canada.... no thank you. we're good.

Looks like you guys are going to have to build a wall, too.

I cannot believe this has happened.

Why are people so utterly f***ing stupid?

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom