Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

That is really tough if you're so sensitive to other people's noises/daily rhythms. The positive thing, though, is they don't seem like the Neighbours From Hell that they could have been, and are in fact fairly normal boys who don't want to cause trouble. Plus, they haven't got narky because you complained. That's worth something, no?
I guess....:(

it's just that I find it jarring, all the slamming and thumping noises. I mean, im sitting there telling myself im not going to let any noise bother me, and then I hear a slam and im jolted before I can even tell myself not to let it bother me. I mean if it were some constant noise I might be able to get used to it (which is why it might be better if they were to play music), but it's really hard to get used to these patternless jolting noises. and when it goes on and on for hours.... even I forget how bad it is when it's not happening--I think "what was the big deal?". but at the time it's happening it's really nerve wracking.
also, it's what is attached to the noise that bothers me, and that's where I might not be being fair to them. one of my first impressions of them was when one of the boys family was over helping him move, and they were having breakfast and their stupid little dog ran out the front door when I opened it (and I had to pretend to care "oh no, your dog got out! do something!") and the boy came out in his boxer shorts and beastie boys t-shirt to bring it back, and I was just struck by that image of pedestrian surburban life that depresses me to no end and of which I really did not want to have to be subjected to glimpses of. so im doubly resentful that the people who are annoying me are people whose lifestyles I loathe, and who im continually astounded and annoyed to find exist in the same realm as I do.
I guess im glad it happened the way it did, by my involving the manager, because now at least they know if I request that they stop making noise or whatever that they're not complying as a favour to me, but as a favour to themselves (so that they don't get kicked out).
The price for living in Canada is living in wooden houses that tend to create a hell of a noise without any isolation. Move to Sweden and let us make all the noise all day and night long.
You're so upmarket and I just cannot see you living around people like that. You need to call my dear old friend Fredrik Eklund in NYC and he'll find you a nice place for nothing IF it comes with you allowing me to visit you now and then.
Do you ever make any noise or do play music with a headset on only or cute little earplugs that are so toiny cause you have such cute little ears to die for?

The price for living in Canada is living in wooden houses that tend to create a hell of a noise without any isolation. Move to Sweden and let us make all the noise all day and night long.
You're so upmarket and I just cannot see you living around people like that. You need to call my dear old friend Fredrik Eklund in NYC and he'll find you a nice place for nothing IF it comes with you allowing me to visit you now and then.
Do you ever make any noise or do play music with a headset on only or cute little earplugs that are so toiny cause you have such cute little ears to die for?
ive decided to honour you with a reply only to say that I really do have cute little ears. im quite proud of them. my one beauty!

ive decided to honour you with a reply only to say that I really do have cute little ears. im quite proud of them. my one beauty!
Let me nibble on them when and if you are drunk?
I have this overwhelming feeling that they taste and smell like candy and pink candy of course.

Oooh! So impressive! There was a solid circular base of chocolate, and chocolate was piped around it and upwards to make a conical shape - and somehow they squirted the cream filling in. Then a walnut went on the top. Not sure if the original version was dipped as it was very bumpy. But yes, the current one appears to be done in a mould so is smoother (cheapskates). It would be a heroic thing indeed if you could create a Walnut Whip.
Pep, I’ll have you know that right after I logged on here today, my mother called to tell me she was outside my door with the molds necessary to begin making your unnamed political prisoners. Now I’m actually catching up on posts while I soak in my bath (which is probably more than you care to know) so I was unable to go out to receive them and make sure they’ll work. She left them on my sun porch so I’ll know soon enough. Looks like I need to get busy tracking down a good chocolate. None of the waxy stuff for these prisoners! I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

I am currently reading the first book (Dragon Tattoo), and hadn't really seen her as a gun-toting all-action Hollywood hero, so this spoils it a bit for me. Mind you, interesting bit of casting with Claire Foy.
That book gave me nightmares for weeks after reading it. Watch the Swedish version of the films. They’re much better. I’m sure he who shall not be named can provide links.

it's just that I find it jarring, all the slamming and thumping noises. I mean, im sitting there telling myself im not going to let any noise bother me, and then I hear a slam and im jolted before I can even tell myself not to let it bother me. I mean if it were some constant noise I might be able to get used to it (which is why it might be better if they were to play music), but it's really hard to get used to these patternless jolting noises. and when it goes on and on for hours.... even I forget how bad it is when it's not happening--I think "what was the big deal?". but at the time it's happening it's really nerve wracking.
also, it's what is attached to the noise that bothers me, and that's where I might not be being fair to them. one of my first impressions of them was when one of the boys family was over helping him move, and they were having breakfast and their stupid little dog ran out the front door when I opened it (and I had to pretend to care "oh no, your dog got out! do something!") and the boy came out in his boxer shorts and beastie boys t-shirt to bring it back, and I was just struck by that image of pedestrian surburban life that depresses me to no end and of which I really did not want to have to be subjected to glimpses of. so im doubly resentful that the people who are annoying me are people whose lifestyles I loathe, and who im continually astounded and annoyed to find exist in the same realm as I do.
I guess im glad it happened the way it did, by my involving the manager, because now at least they know if I request that they stop making noise or whatever that they're not complying as a favour to me, but as a favour to themselves (so that they don't get kicked out).
You’re lucky your manager will get involved. I had serious noise problems last year this time from Blonde Gallagher. My landlord washed her hands if it as he was her brother and he was too mentally unstable to be responsive. I just started calling the police in and he was headed to jail for 90 days at the end of it before it all stopped. He vanished due to warrants out for his arrest and a PPO (personal protection order) from his girlfriend. He’s back as of this week but staying with his brother so it may all start again. If I end up raped and murdered, have them look for him first. See, some noise issues can be even more serious. Your neighbor does deserve props for the Beastie Boy shirt though.

Pep, I’ll have you know that right after I logged on here today, my mother called to tell me she was outside my door with the molds necessary to begin making your unnamed political prisoners. Now I’m actually catching up on posts while I soak in my bath (which is probably more than you care to know) so I was unable to go out to receive them and make sure they’ll work. She left them on my sun porch so I’ll know soon enough. Looks like I need to get busy tracking down a good chocolate. None of the waxy stuff for these prisoners! I’ll keep you posted on my progress.
Wow! Looking forward to seeing this!

That book gave me nightmares for weeks after reading it. Watch the Swedish version of the films. They’re much better. I’m sure he who shall not be named can provide links.
Actually, I bought my Dad a boxed set of the Swedish films for his birthday recently (he put me on to the books). So I'm looking forward to borrowing the DVDs when he's finished. Good to know I made a good choice :D

It's Halloween season. Let the candy flow but hold the horror flicks please. I'm a real scaredy-cat. Looking at a torrent list of movie uploads, these are a few I don't want to see based on titles alone: The Killer Under the Bed, Bad Dreams, It, The Witch, Don't Breathe, Sinister, Happy Death Day, It Comes at Night. The list is endless. I'll take a sappy Hallmark Christmas movie over a horror flick any day.

It's Halloween season. Let the candy flow but hold the horror flicks please. I'm a real scaredy-cat. Looking at a torrent list of movie uploads, these are a few I don't want to see based on titles alone: The Killer Under the Bed, Bad Dreams, It, The Witch, Don't Breathe, Sinister, Happy Death Day, It Comes at Night. The list is endless. I'll take a sappy Hallmark Christmas movie over a horror flick any day.

I'm with you all the way here RB...in fact you have uncovered one of my top 10 guilty pleasures. I quite enjoy all seasonal Hallmark movies, but Christmas is the best....get ready for the powerful combination of Kelly Pickler's acting ;) and Graceland:

You’re lucky your manager will get involved. I had serious noise problems last year this time from Blonde Gallagher. My landlord washed her hands if it as he was her brother and he was too mentally unstable to be responsive. I just started calling the police in and he was headed to jail for 90 days at the end of it before it all stopped. He vanished due to warrants out for his arrest and a PPO (personal protection order) from his girlfriend. He’s back as of this week but staying with his brother so it may all start again. If I end up raped and murdered, have them look for him first. See, some noise issues can be even more serious. Your neighbor does deserve props for the Beastie Boy shirt though.
oh that's awful, tat. im sorry. you shouldn't be in the position where you have to call the police, especially on someone who sounds dangerous like that. that's really irresponsible of the manager. i know peppermint advises against it, but im all in favour of the emotional this-is-causing-me-anxiety/stress/depression and im-becoming-ever-so-vaguely-unhinged-because-of-this-and-cant-be-held-responsible-for-what-i-might-do letter. in this day and age anyone would be amiss to ignore a letter like that. *sigh* why do we have to have these awful neighbours? why is peace such a hard to thing to come by? also I hope you have some sort of weapon. mace, at least.

me too. I don't get scared at all by horror movies but they fill me with a bad feeling that I just don't need and they dont compensate for it by fulfilling any of the other criteria I have for watching movies. I just don't see what people get out of them.

I'm with you all the way here RB...in fact you have uncovered one of my top 10 guilty pleasures. I quite enjoy all seasonal Hallmark movies, but Christmas is the best....get ready for the powerful combination of Kelly Pickler's acting ;) and Graceland:

Added to my list! I agree, they're all great. Hallmark is my happy filter bubble. :)

me too. I don't get scared at all by horror movies but they fill me with a bad feeling that I just don't need and they dont compensate for it by fulfilling any of the other criteria I have for watching movies. I just don't see what people get out of them.
Yeah, life is horrific enough.

Once again we feel the same and this twin soul shit must stop. There are however many types of horrors and well made ones without over the top attempts to scare people can be as good as a well made drama.
But I agree and the older you get the harder it is to watch them for many reasons and they always leave you with a bad feeling somehow which is probably the aim.

Hallmark!!!!

LOL

They only produce absolute shit and are you guys for real, what are ya 80?

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom