Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I thought Phoenix was phenomenal. I like that they didn't rely too much on the Batman mythos to buoy the narrative. I would have done away with the Thomas Wayne character completely and just had him and his wife get killed at the end in the alley like in the 1989 one; to me that should have been the only mention or appearance of the contextual universe seeing as how they otherwise checked it at the door; I didn't like shoehorning in Dr. Wayne and re-imagining him as a cold hearted beaurocrat, and then adding insult to injury by throwing in the whole backstory with Joker's mom, and the brief Darth Vader element to Wayne and Joker...but whatever.

Other than that I thought it was goddamned great. The Gary Glitter scene made me tear up. The scene in the apartment with the midget was a stroke of genius. The cinematography was gorgeous. I like the throwback to Romero with the outfit and Nicholson with the odd random solipsistic dancing.

How about you? Also did you see El Camino?

Speaking of the mother backstory, I love how they went for like the most generic abuse possible with the whole “chained to a radiator” bit. It’s like, really? Lol.

I agree that the Wayne’s were shoehorned in basically to hammer home that this takes place in the Batman Universe guys. I think it’s stupid though that they feel like everything has to always tie back to Bruce somehow. Honestly, I don’t think they even needed the Wayne’s at all. Not even their death. It’s been done tons of times. They basically rehashed Batman 89 and Batman Begins with their murder. Not a fan of that.

I didn’t like the few moments of flashbacks that they did. Showing him in the asylum, showing him see his mother’s therapy session, showing that his neighbor wasn’t really there. It just seemed very hamfisted. Another thing that bothered me was the fact he had two bullets he shouldn’t have had in the gun during the subway murders. He fired 8 shots without reloading and that bugs me a lot.

I thought the movie looked great and was great. Joaquin did an amazing job. I mean, it’s still not the Joker as he should be, but there really has never been a comic accurate Joker in live action anyway so why start now while Willem Dafoe is still alive? *cough*

I loved the dance on the stairs. I paid attention because I figured that would be the only time you saw him go down the stairs and was happy it was. The part at the end where he was on top of the car and painted the smile on in his blood was perfect. You’ll never get a better Joker moment than that. I’m not sure why anyone thinks the ending made it like none of it happened.

It’s stupid cold here today. I never turn on the heat before November but I may break down. It’s only 46F outside and I feel like I’ve got about 46 cats wanting to sit on my lap and cuddle. Wondering how much longer we can hold out.

You were trying to make me look stupid. You made out I didn't know what I was talking about, you treated me like a child.
shit, you're impossible

No I wasn't. I saw what I saw in that horses face. Your family are probably making out that the horses like it. How do they know? Don't you try to tell me I never saw how that horse felt. And don't you ever disparage me again.
I was on your side. I am not a supporter of using animals for racing or any sort of entertainment.
Read it again.

In all seriousness, I have to get back to work. It's going to kill me. I don't know how much longer I can go on pretending I care about it all. I remember the first day I started and I went home in tears. I knew from that day, it was going to be a long hard slog. People who don't know me, and people who don't really care. 30 years down the line and I'm being sent letters telling me I'm not up to scratch. Letters telling me I could lose my job. My manager smiles at me and says there's nothing wrong. Then you have the letters telling you basically, you're a worthless piece of shit. All these threats. I know I'm worth more than that. It's a job. A job I'd like to hang on to. I don't know what I'd do without it. I'm fed up of them putting the fear of God into me though.

Alright, darling, it's time to go for a walkabout and get some fresh air.

Last edited:
I often wonder what happens to bar staff when a pub closes. They never re open with the same staff. There must be a lot of heartache there. People seem to lose their jobs quite regularly in the bar trade. Every job lost is a story waiting to be told. I look at other people losing their jobs and it doesn't register. But where do they go, what do they do, how do they feel?
Lots of people think anyone can work in a bar then they find out that it's not that easy. Or it was never their real job anyway. They do it in between their real jobs.
You need to talk to whatever they call "human resources" where you live. You have a medical problem and they can't fire you for that. They will have to put you on leave and give you time to work it out. This is the best advice you're going to get this week.

Speaking of the mother backstory, I love how they went for like the most generic abuse possible with the whole “chained to a radiator” bit. It’s like, really? Lol.

I agree that the Wayne’s were shoehorned in basically to hammer home that this takes place in the Batman Universe guys. I think it’s stupid though that they feel like everything has to always tie back to Bruce somehow. Honestly, I don’t think they even needed the Wayne’s at all. Not even their death. It’s been done tons of times. They basically rehashed Batman 89 and Batman Begins with their murder. Not a fan of that.

I didn’t like the few moments of flashbacks that they did. Showing him in the asylum, showing him see his mother’s therapy session, showing that his neighbor wasn’t really there. It just seemed very hamfisted. Another thing that bothered me was the fact he had two bullets he shouldn’t have had in the gun during the subway murders. He fired 8 shots without reloading and that bugs me a lot.

I thought the movie looked great and was great. Joaquin did an amazing job. I mean, it’s still not the Joker as he should be, but there really has never been a comic accurate Joker in live action anyway so why start now while Willem Dafoe is still alive? *cough*

I loved the dance on the stairs. I paid attention because I figured that would be the only time you saw him go down the stairs and was happy it was. The part at the end where he was on top of the car and painted the smile on in his blood was perfect. You’ll never get a better Joker moment than that. I’m not sure why anyone thinks the ending made it like none of it happened.

Saw Rambo 3 yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot actually. It's not got the narrative or character development stakes the first one or even the second one has and is more cookie cutter but I felt like the humor and one liners were tastefully peppered in and overall made it a very fun watch. We both really liked it. The impalement self-cauterization was tuff.

f***ing amazing how different we were in regard to our attitude toward Afghanis pre 9-11, though. Jesus. That dedication at the end made me LOL.

I love when the kid asks to see his knife and goes "what's this" and Sly says, "it's a knife" and the kid twirls it around and says, "can I have it?" and Sly just goes, "no." For some reason that little exchange made me crack up. That dude has a great subtlety to him the way he delivers and writes dialog.

Saw Rambo 3 yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot actually. It's not got the narrative or character development stakes the first one or even the second one has and is more cookie cutter but I felt like the humor and one liners were tastefully peppered in and overall made it a very fun watch. We both really liked it. The impalement self-cauterization was tuff.

f***ing amazing how different we were in regard to our attitude toward Afghanis pre 9-11, though. Jesus. That dedication at the end made me LOL.

I love when the kid asks to see his knife and goes "what's this" and Sly says, "it's a knife" and the kid twirls it around and says, "can I have it?" and Sly just goes, "no." For some reason that little exchange made me crack up. That dude has a great subtlety to him the way he delivers and writes dialog.

Rambo 3 feels an awful lot like Rambo 2 in a way. It follows the same formula almost exactly. I can’t stand it for that reason. Also, as I’ve told you before and you pointed out, politically the film didn’t age well at all as Rambo is basically helping al-Qaeda in this movie. I remember one of the original ideas for Rambo 4 was supposed to be the little kid grew up to be a terrorist and Rambo must stop him. Lol.

There is a horror movie I watched once that parodies the cauterization scene. I explained the scene but deleted as I just thought I would show it to you:

Sly’s humor is very hit or miss. It can be hilarious but sometimes it’s really f***ing cheesy. There is a lot of that in the Rocky movies...like Paulie and his robot in Rocky 4. And cutting the pizza with scissors in Cobra. And then there is Over The Top where he solves a custody battle by driving his semi through Robert Loggia’s house and then wins an arm wrestling contest.

When you watch Rambo 4, please, for the love of God watch the extended cut instead. It’s a much better movie and does the character more justice than the theatrical cut.

Rambo 3 feels an awful lot like Rambo 2 in a way. It follows the same formula almost exactly. I can’t stand it for that reason. Also, as I’ve told you before and you pointed out, politically the film didn’t age well at all as Rambo is basically helping al-Qaeda in this movie. I remember one of the original ideas for Rambo 4 was supposed to be the little kid grew up to be a terrorist and Rambo must stop him. Lol.

There is a horror movie I watched once that parodies the cauterization scene. I explained the scene but deleted as I just thought I would show it to you:

Sly’s humor is very hit or miss. It can be hilarious but sometimes it’s really f***ing cheesy. There is a lot of that in the Rocky movies...like Paulie and his robot in Rocky 4. And cutting the pizza with scissors in Cobra. And then there is Over The Top where he solves a custody battle by driving his semi through Robert Loggia’s house and then wins an arm wrestling contest.

When you watch Rambo 4, please, for the love of God watch the extended cut instead. It’s a much better movie and does the character more justice than the theatrical cut.

OK we'll watch the extended version.

I've never seen any Rocky movies, LOL. I just found Cobra on VHS though.

EDIT: I just watched the clip and holy f*** that's awesome

OK we'll watch the extended version.

I've never seen any Rocky movies, LOL. I just found Cobra on VHS though.

EDIT: I just watched the clip and holy f*** that's awesome

The first 3 Rocky movies are awesome.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom