Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

i had eczema but thankfully never had to wear gloves. you sound sceptical, pep, like you dont believe me about flipper boy or something! im only saying what i heard. i never said i knew him personally.

dammit, pep, i had thought up another good americanism that i was saving to share with you and i totally forgot it :(
Yeah, sorry, I do, don't I? :lbf: I think it's because my eldest had eczema when he was little, and I'm thinking about him with flapping flipper hands and struggling to take it seriously :lbf: Probably relief, no doubt.

Oh! Now you've got me wanting to know! Is it as universally useful as schlump? I do hope so.

a girl at work who is 23 and totally smart (a fellow writer, except that she actually writes and wins awards and stuff as opposed to just calling herself a writer like me) thought i was in my twenties!! she kept insisting that i was joking when i told her my age and saying "im shook". i was inordinately happy about that because it means so much more when a young person thinks you're young then when an old person does because the older you get the more everyone looks young to you but young people usually know the difference.

well, that is, i was happy, but then i felt a little cheap for being so happy about it. i should be okay with being my age. i mean, i should be proud to be my age because of all my accomplishments under my belt that living a long life has made possible. except that i dont have any accomplishments. i could easily go back ten years without having lost anything. ho humm.
She sounds awful and I hate her already. :( Always nice to get a compliment, though, even from someone so detestable.

She sounds awful and I hate her already. :( Always nice to get a compliment, though, even from someone so detestable.
haha dont worry pep, they're not the kind of awards we want. they're the kind of awards you get for excelling in mediocrity and which are given out for stories with "of the moment" themes like age gap date rape. i really dont see anything special in her writing and she'll likely just get a desk job. *shrug* i mean, you dont actually think someone who says thinks like "im shook" is going to rock the literary world, do you?

Yeah, sorry, I do, don't I? :lbf: I think it's because my eldest had eczema when he was little, and I'm thinking about him with flapping flipper hands and struggling to take it seriously :lbf: Probably relief, no doubt.

Oh! Now you've got me wanting to know! Is it as universally useful as schlump? I do hope so.
i dont know, pep! whatever word it was is completely erased from my memory! im disappointed in myself. it was a good one too! (I think...)

Well, that's a relief! To be fair, I think you would have been extraordinarily unlucky to have throat cancer - it's more usual among smokers and heavy drinkers, I believe. Good to know you have tidy tonsils, though - I can't think how that might be useful but I'm sure it's preferable to great, gangling obstructive ones (although I must say I've never given much thought to tonsils).
but i have really bad acid reflux as you know! so i figure im a good candidate for throat cancer somewhere down the line. im very relieved i dont have it yet however because there's still things i want to do in life with my throat intact.

i dont know, pep, i hate the way the world is, and it's not just this covid thing, i hate what it's becoming. a customer said something today about "have you heard what elon musk is doing?" and i was just like "no, and i dont want to know", and then that reminded me of how technology is advancing all the time, and who knows what the world will even be like in a year from now, and i was very lachrymose all day over it, i can tell you. i hate the idea of downloading books in your brain or whatever, and google glasses and all that shit. even the idea of ordering things at starbucks through an app where you just go and pick it up irks me. i like waiting for things. i like reading books. i like doing work and getting credit for it. i dont want everything to be instant. everything is so awful. i wish i were 20 again. i wish the world was the way it was when i was 20. :(

haha dont worry pep, they're not the kind of awards we want. they're the kind of awards you get for excelling in mediocrity and which are given out for stories with "of the moment" themes like age gap date rape. i really dont see anything special in her writing and she'll likely just get a desk job. *shrug* i mean, you dont actually think someone who says thinks like "im shook" is going to rock the literary world, do you?
I'm not even completely sure I know what 'I'm shook' means. Why is it that people with more confidence than talent get to leap ahead, and the people who agonise that they might not be good enough (even if they are) get nowhere? :(

but i have really bad acid reflux as you know! so i figure im a good candidate for throat cancer somewhere down the line. im very relieved i dont have it yet however because there's still things i want to do in life with my throat intact.
But then maybe you could have pretend cancer like Morrissey and wear a weird patch on your throat for sympathy (like he did in some gig or other a couple of years back, until it fell off on stage). And waft around making melodramatic statements like 'if I die, I die.'

Last edited:
what an asshole

also why does canadas leading doctor during the pandemic look like she operates a stall at a wuhan wet market? (is that racist?).
Quite possibly. But funny. She also looks like she's not had sex in a very long time, so little wonder she thinks it's something that can be micro-managed and hygienically processed like some laboratory test.

I passed by a stunning prostitute as I carried my groceries home today. I wish I were able to save her from that lifestyle.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom