Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

30:30 - 30:50 made me laugh so much. the same as when in another interview he disgustedly called ben & jerry "dolts" for getting all political when "you make ice cream! that is all we want from you!" :lbf:

'I was given the gift of Sam Smith coming out as something new... I can't remember which sexuality he announced himself to be that week' :lbf:
Douglas is a gem. But whisper it quietly if you don't want to be cancelled. I still remember the furore on here when Morrissey told everyone to buy his book.

okay, here it is: the "cowgirl laugh"

im not very good at it though, im afraid. there's no delight in my cowgirl laugh.

Oh, I get it now! I can't think we have anything that equates, but I can see a picture (and it looks a bit like a cartoon). Was there a cartoon person who talked/laughed like that? I feel sure there was.

well first off your criteria for choosing clothes is all wrong. a person who dresses with intellect in mind does not think about whether things make them look old, fat or whether or not they got a good deal on what they're wearing.
you need to think about the statement you are making. if you're wearing a dress with a nice print you dont want people to think you chose it because it has a nice print. that is entirely the wrong statement to make. now it may have a nice print but either the print is incidental or it has to be entirely the focus to the point of caricature. one rule about intellectual dressing is that every feature should be doing something other than what it normally would do. for example a thing may have ruffles but they should not look girly or pretty. they should look dramatic or structural. maybe a dress with ruffles should be in brown and green stripes, something you wouldnt think to pair with ruffles. or a dress may be very short but the point shouldnt be to be revealing or sexy. structural shapes are important. retro elements. impeccable collars. a lot of collegiate colours. clean lines. architectural proportions. that sort of thing. prada came out with these bakelite watches i think in the early 2000's. to me they are the epitome of an intellectual accessory and i always wished i had one.

annnnnnnd the hugest spider i ever saw just ran across my floor and up my bed. i killed it, thank god. wouldnt been able to sleep if i hadnt. still may not sleep. ugh. i hate my life.
Oooookaaaaaaay... Well, that's a very good description and I think I understand it. The thing is, all that kind of structural, ironic dressing can be sassy on the catwalk with some willowy model, but on an average-looking middle-aged woman it just looks like someone with bad dress sense. Unless you have the innate style, swagger, panache (and youth) to carry it off, there is a danger in just looking a bit odd, is there not? The bakelite watches, to me, fall into that category. They are very interesting, from a design point of view, but on someone like me they would just look plain ugly. And I don't have the budget, or the inclination, to construct the kind of look where people would understand which way I 'meant it'.

Hang on in there, it's peak Spider Season. In a couple more weeks they'll all be dead or hibernating.

When Allen Ginsburg met Andrea Dworkin.

EhcgYAZXkAANNOz.jpg

'I was given the gift of Sam Smith coming out as something new... I can't remember which sexuality he announced himself to be that week' :lbf:
Douglas is a gem. But whisper it quietly if you don't want to be cancelled. I still remember the furore on here when Morrissey told everyone to buy his book.
i didnt know morrissey recommended his book!! when i heard bun bun touting douglas murray, i just assumed, as i do with everything, that it started with bun bun, that bun bun had unearthed him.
eh, i dont care if im cancelled. if never been on anyway. cant imagine douglas murray creating a furor about anything. there's no hate in his speech. he's very objective and measured and humble. his judgements have the weight and authourity of his vast knowledge of history behind them. something he often says is that when someone criticizes you, you have to consider when deciding whether you should listen to them or not "is this critic someone who wishes me well?". douglas murray clearly wishes the things he criticizes well (maybe not sam smith). he's absolutely someone everyone should be listening to.

Last edited:
Oh, I get it now! I can't think we have anything that equates, but I can see a picture (and it looks a bit like a cartoon). Was there a cartoon person who talked/laughed like that? I feel sure there was.
pretty sure there was, maybe a whole slew of them, but i cant think of it either. all i cant think of is the bumpkin character from the simpsons. i think he laughs sort of like that. i should say that people around here dont generally laugh like bumpkins. the girl is actually from alberta. people from alberta may laugh like that. alberta and texas.

and god she does it ALLLLLLL the time.

Oooookaaaaaaay... Well, that's a very good description and I think I understand it. The thing is, all that kind of structural, ironic dressing can be sassy on the catwalk with some willowy model, but on an average-looking middle-aged woman it just looks like someone with bad dress sense. Unless you have the innate style, swagger, panache (and youth) to carry it off, there is a danger in just looking a bit odd, is there not? The bakelite watches, to me, fall into that category. They are very interesting, from a design point of view, but on someone like me they would just look plain ugly. And I don't have the budget, or the inclination, to construct the kind of look where people would understand which way I 'meant it'.

Hang on in there, it's peak Spider Season. In a couple more weeks they'll all be dead or hibernating.
okay first off i have to say that prada is NEVER ironic. nor sassy. prada is not for hipsters. prada does not rely on gimmicks like being ironic or mockingly self conscious or anything like that. prada takes itself seriously. prada is serious business.

secondly you are sooooooo wrong, pep pep, and unfortunately there are a lot of people who think like you. you dont think that fashion is just for the young and thin do you? 16 year olds wearing, say, gucci is a relatively new phenomenon, you know. when miuccia prada started out the average clientele were middle aged, because that was who could afford designer clothing. those are the people designers, in the history of 20th century fashion, have always designed for. and i still feel that that's who prada designs for. if you take, say, this look:

1599691384791.png

sure it looks great on 20 year old (or whatever) louise pedersen but to me it looks like something that was designed with an older woman in mind. i could easily see a sexy-smart 40 or 50 year old wearing that without looking the slightest bit odd.

now take miuccia prada herself. she's old, a little dumpy, that doesnt stop her from dressing in her designs and looking amazing.
1599691961965.png

1599692034687.png

1599692214281.png

if i saw a woman dressed like that, i would have no end of admiration for her. i would want to know more about her life. i'd want to know where she lives and what she has on her walls and what she does with her days. that's what you should think of the purpose of fashion being as you get older. does it give off emanations of a life well lived?
now imagine her in some bland house dress. she would look like such a frump! i would have no interest in seeing inside her house whatsoever.

the idea that prada on an "average-looking middle-aged woman it just looks like someone with bad dress sense" is something you always hear, but how many average-looking middle aged woman" do you actually see wearing prada? probably not a lot.

as for the bakelite watches, i think it's more about having the right colouring. i dont know, i dont think they're ugly. but then to me, ugly as a consideration has never even crossed my mind, because to me each one is like a little objet d'art and i would feel good about wearing art on me even if other people didnt get it or thought it was ugly.

Last edited:
i felt kind of bad killing it. it ran past so fast, like it knew where it was going, like it had somewhere to be. like all it had to do was get past me and it would be where it needed to be. there was nowhere to go though. he would've come to a wall. instead he met a book. afterward there were legs everywhere. that's how big he was.

Last edited:
i saw someone who had linear scleroderma en coup de sabre yesterday. they say it's such a rare disease but right away after learning about it i see someone who has or who had it. there was a triangular brown mark on her forehead and right there in that spot her forehead dipped in. it didnt look anything like my little needle thin crevice (which has grown into three crevices which makes me think it is just related to hypertrophy of the corrugator muscles, but which none the less looks awful). it was a wide trangular crevice, the shape of a slice of cake. she looked okay, though, not deformed or anything.

kate moss seems to have some hypertrophy of her corrugator muscles as well.
1599695465680.png

only my muscles are closer together and look like a ballsack. i wonder if fasting would make them shrink? ideally i just want my forehead to go back to how it was

i know now why i have those three vertical lines going down my forhead. it's not the corrugator muscles, it's the procerus. even though the procerus is located on the nose between your eyebrows it's fibres form a continuous sheet with the fibres of the occipitofrontalis, hence overuse of them results in this shape:
1599864299629.png

i wonder if fasting will fix it. oh i hope.

There's something wrong with my organs in my lower back. I'm thinking, I might be dying soon. I'll have a lot of shoes to give away, if so.

There's something wrong with my organs in my lower back. I'm thinking, I might be dying soon. I'll have a lot of shoes to give away, if so.

I reckon kidney infection or kidney stones. Not something that kills you. I reckon stop thinking California's Son is obsessed with death and is lonely and depressed so you need to be like that. He calls himself the California Son. He lives the California life. He loves being outside in the sun, going to the beach, being with his homies eating pizza and potato tacos, drinking orange mocha frappucinos, and he is the best 61 year old basketball player I have ever seen. After all these years there are still people who think he is the dude who sang in the shitty smiths, he used the shitty smiths for 3 years while he stayed with Chrissie Hynde in Brittin, then couldn't wait to get back home to Moz Angeles. Enjoy life innn nn nnn nnn nnnn n n it.

steve cal son.jpg

The birds are not liking the smokey air here in Vancouver. I haven't heard or seen any birds all day.

i know now why i have those three vertical lines going down my forhead. it's not the corrugator muscles, it's the procerus. even though the procerus is located on the nose between your eyebrows it's fibres form a continuous sheet with the fibres of the occipitofrontalis, hence overuse of them results in this shape:
View attachment 58984

i wonder if fasting will fix it. oh i hope.
pIY5n6l.gif

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom