Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

That doesn't really change anything. I tend to stand more than six feet apart anyway but it's the people that get as close as they can that I don't like.
unfortunately, without covid 19 you have no jurisdiction over where people stand, sista

I didn't go out today. Just played with my brushes for 20 minutes, wrote morning pages, and had a bath. The day went by fast! I also read, watched the news, had a half hour phone call with a mental health worker, napped, ate, and napped some more. Trying to decide what to paint next.

My friend has her business in this building downtown. All of the buildings are very close together if not touching but some have little gates that are used for maintenance, utility workers and sometimes storage. My friend is kind of a hoarder so all of her space is full and she uses this little space outside as storage also. It's about 50 ft deep from the street but only about 40 inches wide.
So there is this other woman who rents part of the building on the other side of this walkway. The building my friend uses has back doors that open into this walkway and her electric and gas meters are there, too. The other building has no doors that open to this walkway and their meters are elsewhere. Still this other woman has decided that this walkway is a good way for her to start problems.
The first thing that happened is I was out there one day moving some things around and she started speaking to me. I went up to say hi and she told me that I was blocking her bathroom window and that nothing could be leaning against her wall. She came up with this fictional ordinance that all buildings have to have a two foot clear space around them.
There was some stuff leaning against her wall so I said I'd take care of it. I went and asked my friend about it and she said that there is no window and there is no two foot rule. I went and moved the stuff anyway thinking my friend must be mistaken but it turns out that there is no window. Instead there is a space for ventilation but it's only the space of one brick. There is a place on the wall where there is a small metal frame where a brick would go, and it's about 12 feet off the ground, AND there was nothing blocking it.
So I just went and told the woman that "I made sure the window is clear now," and she seemed okay with that.
The next thing that happened is my friend's partner was here and he was smoking outside. This woman appears again. It seems that the cigarette smoke was bothering her and she said "it ruined my meal." She was seated outside at this cafe that is about 35 feet away and I guess she smelled the cigarette smoke. He wanted to get along with her since their businesses are in neighboring buildings so he said sorry even though it seemed ridiculous.
Then something else happened. She had these carpenters working for her and somehow she got into a conversation, complaining again, to this same man who I just mentioned. He is about sixty years old, and he's from Germany. He has a very strong accent. She'd complained because he had a scrub brush and he was scrubbing this piece of furniture before he brought it inside. It was an antique and some of the paint was flaking so when he scrubbed it some paint flakes came off on the sidewalk. This is in front of his store which is around the corner from hers. He was going to clean it up but even if he'd left it there would have been no effect on her. Anyway, he'd had enough of her nonsense and basically told her to mind her own business. Then this guy with her gave the Nazi salute and imitated my friend's accent saying "Sieg Heil."
They thought this was funny but it really disturbed my friend. He wrote her a letter explaining that this is deeply offensive to him and is no different than using "hate speech" against an immigrant from any other country.
Well, she's an old hippie who thinks she is an artist. That is what she sells in her shop although I've never noticed any customers. Like lots of old hippies she's super uptight. Anyway, the "hate crime" phrase seemed to sink in and I think she was trying to prevent any trouble to her personally and to her business so she wrote a letter of apology and for a while things were okay.
Note that although the buildings are 40 inches apart the doors open on different streets and there is no need for any interaction at all.
So anyway a couple of months pass and then I had to go retrieve something from the walkway. It was this big rusty chandelier. It's pretty cool but you'd have to be into that look to want it. Anyway it's heavy and I had to set it down to lock the gate again. Just then she appears from nowhere and points to this pile of cat food.
There are some cat rescue programs here but they don't just dump piles of food in random locations. This was a big pile that is more than the cats will eat in a couple of hours and it creates problems, draws rats and pigeons, etc. I know about the local programs for feral cats and participate but I didn't leave the food.
So she points at the cat food and asks me if I left the pile of food there. Note that it's inside the walkway and really none of her business but she can't help herself. I said, "No, I didn't." She continues and starts telling me about the feral cat program that I already participate in. and I realized it was her. I hadn't seen her since the imaginary window incident. I asked, "are you the lady with the art shop?" She said she is and I said, "I'm done with you. Please don't talk to me,"
She looked surprised but instead of deciding to f*** off back to her shitty art store she kept on, "I don't think I've ever done anything to you." I said, "every time you have something to say it's a complaint about some nonsense, and I'm over it. Besides I heard about you calling ______ a Nazi." She said "I did not call ________ a Nazi." At this point I'm walking away from her with the chandelier to go around the corner and she's following me. I said "you did call him a Nazi." She says "if you were there you would know what happened," and I said "if I was there? How could I have been there if it didn't happen? Anyway, this is exactly the kind of conversation I'm trying to avoid so please stop."
She was mad but she decided to shut up because she realized she'd basically admitted it. Then I went and asked my friend about it and she told me that the woman had written a letter of apology about this thing that she was trying to deny to me. I didn't even know about the letter at the time.
But my friend and her partner had been trying to be nice to this woman and I think that just encouraged her to double down on her bullshit. I am just glad I didn't say anything that was angry or using any language where she could say that I frightened her because I'm sure she would have loved it it I had given her something to actually complain about.
I knew this other woman just like her. She was also an artist and complained about nonsense. At the time I was 19 and I shared a house with bunch of other people around that age. We all rented rooms and then had shared spaces. This woman was about 40 and living with all these kids and then she'd complain that someone smoked marijuana in the house and she got high from it. I told her once I wished that worked for me and that she's really lucky. It's like, "listen, get your own little apartment and stop trying to make a bunch of kids fresh out of their parents' houses try to live like little old ladies." Seems simple but some people want to be unhappy and inflict it on others. They love it when a law is involved so they can have the power of authority on their side even though they try to come across as super far out liberal artists.
TL;DR

synopsis please, Vegan!! :praying::hammer:

I can assure you that no one —anywhere, at any time— is ever trying to impress you. :)

Anyway, Friday night was mellow. A couple friends of ours took the train up from the city. We had a light dinner in town and then came back to the house, built a fire in the backyard and took some mushrooms. The weather has cooled down a bit, so it was quite nice to lay in the grass and enjoy a relatively bug-free evening. Yesterday, we all went for a hike and then came home and showered before driving out a few towns over for an early dinner at a restaurant that an acquaintance of ours recently opened. I had handmade tagliatelle with ricotta in a vegan bolognese that was actually quite good and the owner was sweet enough to send over a couple bottles of cava for us to enjoy.

After dinner, my six foot tall Aryan wife and I were gearing up to drop our guests back off at the train station and head home, but we got a last minute text about about an n+1 party in Tribeca which seemed fun...so, we said f*** it and hopped on the train, too. Was a good night. Little bit of dancing, lot of bullshitting. Everyone's a podcaster nowadays, it's embarrassing. At least the sexiness quotient was quite high. Crashed with a rich friend who recently got a nice place uptown. The spontaneity of life has really returned over the past couple months and I'm grateful for it. Feels great! :thumb:

Grabbed coffee and some perfect Jewish bagels in the morning and made it back home around noon today while still managing managed to scrounge up the energy to hit the trails one more time. Nothing punctuates the weekend (and cures a hangover) like a refreshing dip in the cool mountain waters of the Catskills!
TL;DR

synopsis please Vegan!! :praying::hammer:

Sometimes I believe that part of the people who have political power actually think they are benefiting others through state control and influencing in people's lives with their political decisions beyond security, which was the idea that originally justified the existence of the governments.

There must be a lot of psychos in power, indeed, but not all of them can be psychos because by their characteristics they tend to climb up and eliminate each other along the way. Surely there are other kind of powerful people who do think that through their absolutist management they are doing the sort of things that most common people like or should like.

But why common people should accept to be controlled at that extent? Personally, I don't like to be controlled and that idea runs parallel in my mind with the idea that I d0n't enjoy controlling others in any aspect of their lives. I hate the idea of giving or receiving unwanted help or orders.

So if I don't like to be controlled and I don't like to control others, like most people, I think that a portion of people in power, who enjoy being there, they in turn enjoy being controlled and submitted by their superiors. Just because that is what they do to others when they think they are doing good things for them.

Over the top of those people in power who enjoy being controlled there must be a tiny group of people who don't receive orders from anyone, and those must be the actual psychos. Since they managed to get to the top -because they don't like to receive orders from anyone- they must know common people are suffering due to unwanted control. And they don't care.

The conclusion is that we live in a worl ruled by a cast of psychopaths and masochists.
TL;DR

TL;DR

The funny thing about going out and partying with my wife in tow is that I get hit on a lot. I'm a very magnetic and charismatic person, sort of cursed to always be the life of the party. I'm also incredibly handsome, as I've perhaps stated before. I'm almost certainly the best looking person on this forum, though I'd imagine that particular bar is set quite low.

I think a bit of jealousy is good for relationships, it keeps things spicy. It's nice to catch that wry, knowing glance from your partner across a crowded room while tossing it back and forth with some ethereal seductress.

Men also hit on her constantly, but I've never been the jealous type. Cursed with self-confidence too, I guess!

I am the ugliest person on this forum which is really more of an accomplishment.
i knew there had to be something behind your bitterness and chaotic nature :(

dont worry about it too much, dave! a buddhist will say that through an xray we all look alike! i dont necessarily subscribe to that though because obviously bones are important, and a person like neil's skeleton will obviously not look the same as the skeleton of someone with treacher collins syndrome.

i knew there had to be something behind your bitterness and chaotic nature :(

dont worry about it too much, dave! a buddhist will say that through an xray we all look alike! i dont necessarily subscribe to that though because obviously bones are important, and a person like neil's skeleton will obviously not look the same as the skeleton of someone with treacher collins syndrome.
You're the champion at sucking the life out of everything, though. :thumb:

who's excited for laurel hubbard to win the gold tomorrow?!cant wait. it's going to be a VERY edifying moment. a very proud olympic moment, when a man steals the gold from a woman.

i want to marry chris mcglade and live in a little hovel in the shire with him and be VERY working class and in the evenings sit around a primitive hearth with him while he tells me how sophisticated i am

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom