Post YOUR Collection Thread

Were those cd singles released in Japan when they originally came out in '83, '84, and '85 or were they released later in '87 like the UK cd's were by Rough Trade? Do the singles have any dates on them? Or have they even been opened?

These are vinyl. Tokuma Japan released the early stuff, more or less in sync with the UK, or perhaps a few months later, as Passions Just Like Mine states, This Charming Man and What Difference Does It Make, were released in Japan in June 84'.
In 1987 Victor Musical Industries acquired the rights to release the smiths material in Japan, from the World Won't Listen onwards, they also reissued the earlier albums. (Those with the narrower Obi strips are Victor releases from 87'-88').

edit: as for the Japan CDs, i've never collected them, i have no clue when/where, or how many were released.

Last edited:
These are vinyl. Tokuma Japan released the early stuff, more or less in sync with the UK, or perhaps a few months later, as Passions Just Like Mine states, This Charming Man and What Difference Does It Make, were released in Japan in June 84'.
In 1987 Victor Musical Industries acquired the rights to release the smiths material in Japan, from the World Won't Listen onwards, they also reissued the earlier albums. (Those with the narrower Obi strips are Victor releases from 87'-88').

edit: as for the Japan CDs, i've never collected them, i have no clue when/where, or how many were released.

Looked like cd's in the pic. Didn't know vinyl came with an obi. Cool. Are these sealed? Do you play them? Interesting they used the Moz What difference cover. Must have been printed during the kerfuffle over it with Terrance. Wonder if there was ever one done with the original cover for Japan. In the pic of TCM 7 inches that you posted, do they go in order of release from top left to bottom right? Except for the promo. Thanks.

Looked like cd's in the pic. Didn't know vinyl came with an obi. Cool. Are these sealed? Do you play them? Interesting they used the Moz What difference cover. Must have been printed during the kerfuffle over it with Terrance. Wonder if there was ever one done with the original cover for Japan. In the pic of TCM 7 inches that you posted, do they go in order of release from top left to bottom right? Except for the promo. Thanks.

No they arnt sealed and i dont play them much, did play the two meat is murders a while back, and the original Tokuma pressing sounded much better from what i remember.
And no the TCMs are in no particular order. The green label in the black sleeve is a New Zealand pressing.

Some “What Difference Does It Make?” 12” singles

6DDAD911-24DF-44AD-9E1F-86F28F839F48.jpeg

I am still looking for the French WDDIM 12". For a looooooooong time... Nice set

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom