Pubs and Morrissey

WOW, great pic! I would've been shaking too much to be able to hold a camera.
Did you talk to him or anything?

Thank you,yes I spoke to him briefly and he signed a copy of the queen is dead for me.He was very polite and seemed genuinely shy.He was sitting about 5 feet away from me for 2 hours but I didn't wan't to bother him so I only spoke to him when he was getting ready to leave and took the photos as he was making his way out.
Here's another one

SSA42314.jpg

Oh wow. I'd go to my grave a happy woman if that had happened to me. Lucky Duck!! :)

I have GOT to stop reading the frink because I read the title of this thread as something else entirely, then clicked it. :o

:squiffy: :eek: :lbf:

Speaking of, that first pic Irish Budd posted is serious frink. :blushing: We need to nab that if it hasn't already been posted over there. Good job, IB! :thumb:

there is 1 in Santa Monica too, real good fish and chips there :thumb:
but the name escapes me :confused: Morrissey was seen there more than once though & no I am not confusing it with "Cat & Fiddle" which is in Hollywood, wait, i think the name is coming to me now :guitar:
"The King's Head " perhaps, you could google it :o

There is an English pub in Santa Monica called The Kings Head. It has a very quaint gift shop attached. I have been there several time. Unfortunately I did not see Morrissey there. Hum. I will be returning if he is known to brighten the place.

A classmate and I lived and worked in Islington back in 1998. He worked part time at the Camden Head, which was (is?) just down the alley from the Angel Tube station. One of his co-workers alleged that Morrissey was an infrequent visitor there circa 1995-1997. This is not terribly far from King's Cross (thinking of the Alone in London pics from "Maladjusted" Redux), so it's plausible. However, I don't recall ever hearing any other whispers of Morrissey frequenting Islington. And, sadly, no sighting at the Camden Head that year.

Cheers,
Jamie

I've always been surprised at the lack of Moz sightings around East End pubs. Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Stepney etc. Partly because that's where (in my unbiased opinion!) the best pubs are...but mainly because of all the Kray's and skinhead history.

I've always been surprised at the lack of Moz sightings around East End pubs. Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Stepney etc. Partly because that's where (in my unbiased opinion!) the best pubs are...but mainly because of all the Kray's and skinhead history.

Last five years Morrissey was constantly on the road, he wouldn't be seen East End pubs.

bump
also adding RESAURANTS beside pubs?
while going through some fanzines of mine i came across these
restaurants based in California
1993-from the darkened underpass
member gin n tonic met him there too http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1231059&postcount=36
restaurants93.jpg

1992-from the darkened underpass
restaurants92002.jpg

imagine him stopping by at star and garter smiths night-that would be:thumb:
MORE PICS of his appearance in the fashions nightclub here:
restaurants92.jpg

Last edited:
...the return of the mysterious Peter Hogg! Aka "the Edge"!

The edge. Hogg. No nevermind. I'll get my fur coat.:rolleyes:

(aka "Rent a Not So Spineless Swine." :straightface:)

Oh the fun. the fun. In the words of Sabrina, Boys boys boys! All the lazy bikes!

there is 1 in Santa Monica too, real good fish and chips there :thumb:
but the name escapes me :confused: Morrissey was seen there more than once though & no I am not confusing it with "Cat & Fiddle" which is in Hollywood, wait, i think the name is coming to me now :guitar:
"The King's Head " perhaps, you could google it :o

ye olde kings head

Bump

Few months ago someone posted his friends met Morrissey in Dublin Castle, Camden.

Apparently, he was in the Briton's Protection before the G-Mex concerts the other December. This is the same pub that refused Deborah Curtis admission if my memory serves me correctly.

Was The Skinners Arms one too? I know he had a photo taken outside, not sure if he actually drank there though...

Apparently, he was in the Briton's Protection before the G-Mex concerts the other December. This is the same pub that refused Deborah Curtis admission if my memory serves me correctly.

Well I was in there and I didn't see him? 9,000 Moz fans and he decides to have a pint in the nearest pub? Someone is pulling your leg.

Tags
moz`s fave pubs pubs
Back
Top Bottom