Question about Piccadilly Palare

Just for general information for those who are not familiar with the slang
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruising
explains the meaning of YMCA
and gives you an idea why there is so much walking around in earlier Morrissey videos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code
tells you that Morrissey's patterned shirt in the sex act picture with Jake might mean that he has a preference for frottage, or mutual masturbation or striptease in front of mirrors.
Somewhere the text around a nipple is also explained. I came across this information when I researched a theatre actor who was, as it turned out, also referenced by Morrissey some time. This theatre actor claimed that he was celibate to disguise his homosexuality because there might be an elder lady somewhere who did not know yet.

hmmm..not sure about the checked shirt/masturbation connection.Judging by his pose in the said pic,hes a preference for giving blow jobs

Oh, so that's why everyone smile when they think about Earl's Court.

I smile when I think about Earls Court because I met a man there who I fell in love with over 2 days.

Earls Court is or was a well known area for male prostitution. Morrissey clearly finds such a subject fascinating.

...I think the line about a "Rack" refers to a "Meat Rack", which, ( So I was told years ago by an openly gay fella..) was a Polari/Slang reference to the railings ( In/around Picadilly circus)where Rent-boys Plied their trade...and the "Reasonably good buy" is that our Mozzer was still classing himself as "Haveable"....
( also, In wayne countys "F*ck off" single, he sings/snarls " If you ain't got time to take a walk with me on my Meat rack, you can get the hell outta my Bread line"...Great song, BTW, for those who have never heard it...."Youtube" it.....).
I dedicate this Posting to Charlie Naylor....an Old Drama Queen, if ever I saw one...

Oh, so that's why everyone smile when they think about Earl's Court.

What has been said about Earls Court is indeed true, around most of the bigger tube stations in london there is a working girl, rent boy scene- Though I expect things have changed a bit since the net.
If your American, they used to be like Times Square before the NY clean up ripped the heart out of NY.
Also, the song is obviously about rent boys and secondly has at least nods to the record industry. Orson is correct about this,
"throwing life instructions away" is something pop stars used to do.
Silke, added some interesting thoughts, at least to those who where unaware
of gay codes of the day- it should be added these are all left overs from a time when to be gay was to be a criminal.
It does take all the fun away from life this internet, one link and the knowledge is yours, although to get a true taste of life one needs to get ones shoes dirty.
The bit I didn't know anything about was this sex act picture, where is this?

Is this the 'patterned shirt sex act picture with Jake' to which Silke refers?! ~

mozbelly.jpg

Just for general information for those who are not familiar with the slang
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruising
explains the meaning of YMCA
and gives you an idea why there is so much walking around in earlier Morrissey videos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code
tells you that Morrissey's patterned shirt in the sex act picture with Jake might mean that he has a preference for frottage, or mutual masturbation or striptease in front of mirrors.
Somewhere the text around a nipple is also explained. I came across this information when I researched a theatre actor who was, as it turned out, also referenced by Morrissey some time. This theatre actor claimed that he was celibate to disguise his homosexuality because there might be an elder lady somewhere who did not know yet.

Who is the actor?

Thank you joe
Nice shirt, yeah I had seen the pic before. I didn't see it as a sex ac t though
You're welcome.
No, I didn't see it as that either; just one of the most beautiful photographs ever taken of Morrissey. Sumptuous grain, the way the Primrose Hill Spring sunshine falls, like a muffled drumbeat, across his jaw, Jake's belly and upper thigh, the eyelashes, the tattoo, the 'wedding' ring: Smashing!

You're welcome.
No, I didn't see it as that either; just one of the most beautiful photographs ever taken of Morrissey. Sumptuous grain, the way the Primrose Hill Spring sunshine falls, like a muffled drumbeat, across his jaw, Jake's belly and upper thigh, the eyelashes, the tattoo, the 'wedding' ring: Smashing!

Why the "not Edinburgh"

Is this the 'patterned shirt sex act picture with Jake' to which Silke refers?! ~

I'll never look at a cowboy shirt the same again. :squiffy:

Re: Bona Bijou Tourettes

Googling "Julian Sandy Earls Court" brings us neatly to the script of "Bona Bijou Tourettes"
and the following text:
Sof F I think = South of France

HORNE: I'm interested in booking a holiday.

JULIAN: Would you like us to do something exciting for you in a cheap package?

HORNE: Yes. What would you recommend?

SANDY: Well, how about Juan in the S of F? That's Les Pins. Bona, ennit Jules?

JULIAN: Divine. Sitting, sipping a tiny drinkette, vada·ing the great butch omis and dolly little palones trolling by, or disporting yourself on the sable plage getting your lallies all bronzed - your riah getting bleached by the soleil.

SANDY: That's your actual French. How about Juan Les Pins?

HORNE: I'm not besotted by Juan.

SANDY: He's not besotted, Jules. What else have we got in the S of F?

HORNE: Isn't it a bit expensive?

JULIAN: Oh, no. Not if you do it our way. We've got an ami down there who'll rent you his lattie.

SANDY: Who?

JULIAN: Gordon. You remember him.

SANDY: Oh, yes. That Gordon. Him with the leather jeans and jackets and goggles and helmet and things. Looked like a kinky AA man. Him who had the bar in Tangiers?

JULIAN: Yes. The Sheep's Eye. in the Rue des Matelots.

SANDY: Has he give up the bar?

JULIAN: Yes. Fell through. She walked out on him.

SANDY: What? The old American boiler?

JULIAN: Yes· She moved on.

SANDY: Hmm. Thought she would.

HORNE: Sorry to interrupt you but if I hang about here much longer, my passport will expire.

SANDY: Sorry. We was just having a wander down Memory Lane. Now - if we drop Gordon a 1ittle telegramette, I'm sure he'll accommodate you if we say you're a chum.

HORNE: Somehow I don't think it's me. What else can you suggest?

SANDY: Well, what else have we got with a little ambiance?

JULIAN: Well we've discovered a new place in Greece - right off the beaten. Village des Naturistes - grass huts, volleyball in the starkers, folk singing and nut cutlets... what more could you ask? Two weeks - fifty guineas.

HORNE: All in?

JULIAN: You probably would be after two weeks.

HORNE: How about Spain? Somewhere like Malaga?

SANDY: Don't talk to us about Malaga!

HORNE: Naph, is it?

JULIAN: He's got the palare off hasn't he?

SANDY: I should say it is naph, treashette. Jules had a nasty experience in Malaga.

JULIAN: Traitor! - you swore you'd never bring that up!

SANDY: It was meaningful while it lasted but it's left its scars, hasn't it, Jules? And every time anyone mentions Malaga it wells up in him. You see, he got badly stung.

HORNE: Portuguese man-of·war?

JULIAN: Oh, I never saw him in uniform. Anyway, we wouldn't want you coming to grief in Malaga.

HORNE: What else is there?

SANDY: Well, all we got left on our books is Working Holidays - you can go coal-mining in the Ruhr, mackerel-gutting in Oslo, or sheep-shearing in Austra1ia- Or there's one nearer home - Hamburg - that's very cheap.

HORNE: I'll take it.

SANDY: There is one slight drawback. Your day's your own, but twice nightly you have to put on a goat skin and wrestle with a camel in mud.

HORNE: Hmm. I'll think about it. But tell me, what brought you into the travel business in the first p1ace?

JULIAN: Well, we've always enjoyed cruising, haven't we, Sand?

SANDY: Always. It's a sort of wanderlust with us. We once did a round·the-world troll in a 1ifeboat.

JULIAN: It was the call of the sea, Mr. Horne. When I get it, I can't resist it.

SANDY: He can't resist it. When he gets the call he's got to go. Haven't you, Jules?

JULIAN: Like a shot. I'm off like a shot.

SANDY: You see, we was in Southampton and the urge came upon us. I said to Jules, 'Why not?' Didn't I, Jules?

JULIAN: He did, Mr. Horne. So I said, 'Well, I'm game.'

SANDY: Oh, he is, Mr. Horne. There's no one gamier.

JULIAN: So we set sail next day - in this lifeboat.

HORNE: With no preparations?

JULIAN: Oh, I'd had me hair done. Anyway, to cut a long story short, after several days at sea, where did we

find ourselves? Nowhere.

SANDY: We hadn't seen a buoy for ages - so we had no idea where we were. 0f course, we had our sea lallies by

then but if I told you what we suffered, you'd never believe it.

JULIAN: Fourteen days we were exposed to the elements without a single tin of face cream.

SANDY: We nearly cracked, didn't we, Jules?

HORNE: Nervous tension?

SANDY: No, dry skin. Then this great storm blew up.

JULIAN: Blew up, it did. Between him and me. I thought he'd nicked my eyebrow tweezers.

HORNE: Did you keep a record of the trip?

SANDY: Of course - show him your nautical log, Jules.

JULIAN: 'Ere, listen: `Eighth day - still no land to be vada'd anywhere. Rations low - down to last tins of paté. Twelfth day - no food. Sand raving. Fourteenth day - I went overboard.'

SANDY: Oh, it was terrible, Mr. Horne. A gale blowing and me hanging on to me jib for dear life - spray dashing

in me eek - salt caking my eyelashes. Suddenly I become aware Jules is screaming.

HORNE: Department of No Surprise.

SANDY: I look - and there he is in the water. I shouted `Ome overboard !'

HORNE: What did you do?

SANDY: There was only one thing to do in a predicament like that - I fainted.

JULIAN: I summoned up me last rcsources, stiffened up me sinews -

SANDY: They do go limp in the water.

HORNE: But did you manage to drag yourself up on deck?

JULIAN: No, we dressed casual - sweaters and jeans. Oh, I see what you mean! Yes, I got back on board, more dead

than alive.

SANDY: But I resuscitated him. Give him artificial resuscitation. The kiss of life.

JULIAN: It's not like the real thing - more like the kiss of death. But listen to this from the log: Twenty·fifth day - Dear Diary, Sand's in one of his moods again - I think he's going to pieces. He started to wander, didn't you, Sand?

SANDY: Yes, I wandered. I don't like to talk about it, Mr.Horne - it was terrible. I was babbling, wasn't I, Jules?

JULIAN: He was babbling of green fields, he was. And Earls Court. And she was rolling and pitching.

SANDY: We was shipping it green over the bows, and our gunnels were awash, weren't they, Jules

JULIAN: Yes.

SANDY: And I do hate washy gunnels.

JULIAN: Then, on the sixtieth day, we was picked up - by the Purser.

HORNE: Purser? I thought you were in a lifeboat?

SANDY: We was. But it was strapped to the deck of the Q.E.2.

mozbelly.jpg
This was the 'sex act' picture you guys were referring to? Reading WAY too much into the checked shirt symbolism to mean he has a preference for "frottage, or mutual masturbation or striptease in front of mirrors" on the basis of him simply wearing a patterned shirt in this photo.

....Dunno about a "Sex Act" picture, as it contains no actual Sex act...but ....maybe I'm just a dirty minded old sod....But it looks like they should both be smoking a ciggie, and saying "Was it good for you too, honey ???".....
The Derrty pair of Mares.....:blushing:

This was the 'sex act' picture you guys were referring to? Reading WAY too much into the checked shirt symbolism to mean he has a preference for "frottage, or mutual masturbation or striptease in front of mirrors" on the basis of him simply wearing a patterned shirt in this photo.

I am glad someone brings this up; people here seem to take it as the biblical truth. :crazy: It isn' t even a sex act pic, it is just a picture of great aesthetic sensibility showing a close and warm personal relationship between two men.

Ok, immediatly apologize for that :crazy: smilie, if you do not know what you are talking about. This is not happening and no way to communicate. If you claim that you are "greatly aesthetically sensible", then adopt another style of communication, but do not throw around with :crazy:. You could at least have first asked me why I think that it is a "sex act" picture, which I did however explain earlier. I am not going to repeat myself over and over again in these forums for those who are unwilling to learn. Two years ago I also rubbished these things, however didn't call the person crazy, just claimed that these things are meaningless if they are not generally known. They do have meaning for those who do know the symbolism and if you took just a little time to read the links then you'd get an idea why they are used.

Who are you of the old posters who disapeared in July?

Noel Coward

Thank you for the info, I must say I am amazed you referred to the great noel coward as simply a "theatre actor".
You do know he is one the finest playwrights of the last century.

If Morrissey's shirts are coded indicators of specific sexual proclivities/positions/acts, then he's one of the kinkiest men alive.

Back
Top Bottom