2) The Best Of - 25 pts
3) The Best Of - Suedehead - 22 pts
4) Swords - 20 pts
5) Very Best Of - 18 pts
5) My Early Burglary Years - 18 pts
7) Greatest Hits - 17 pts
8) This Is Morrissey - 14 pts
9) World Of Morrissey - 13 pts

I didn't mention Public Image but I agree it's a great track.
I don't know if it appears on any official release, but I found it in Jackpots NHS stuff in the YATQ era.

As to the other poster below, I agree Drive In has no place on Swords. I always skip that track...& yes the Parlophone stuff should have maybe been part of this ranking list too....on that one, I'd have ditched Cosmic Dancer, plus x1 Moonriver, and x2 Interludes.
Drive In Saturday is in my opinion a very poor song that Moz shouldn't have covered, clumsy lyrics with a weak story that goes round in circles. On this subject, Redondo Beach is also a really awful song, can't understand his desire to release these two.

Whilst looking at these compilations it's struck me that 'Morrissey The Singles' is a glaring omission. A career retrospective from Suedehead to Wedding Bell Blues ( sadly I don't recognise or know if the 3 songs off Dog where actually singles, twas never made clear, all seemed like instant grats ). In chronological order with no omissions, with the best cover picture of say Quarry era Moz it'd be fantastic. Given his solo career has been from 1988 to present, surely a singles compilation is merited?

Back
Top Bottom