Rapper Jake Hill cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue

A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Rapper cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue - London Evening Standard
A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Excerpt:

Jake Hill, from South Alabama, was set to perform a tour date in Houston at the White Oak Music Hall on October 28.

Morrissey, former frontman of The Smiths, was also playing the venue in a different area. It is said to be stipulated in his contracts that meat should not be served where he is playing.

Mr Hill, who has more than one million listeners per month on Spotify, posted a video on Twitter explaining why he had cancelled the gig.

He said: "If anybody was coming to the show tonight, I'm sorry to tell you it's been cancelled.

"Soon as we get here we find out that there's a bigger artist playing on the lawn, who is a vegetarian. Which is fine. But he has made a specific contract rule that you can't have any meat in the venue."

He said he had ordered food, with Chick-fil-A appearing in the background, and then was told he would have to "eat it outside like a dog".

"This is the twentieth show we've done, we're tired, we wanna relax and eat our food. But apparently god is here but he;s making it to where we can't eat meat," he said.
"I hate to do this but I'm not about to bow down to this guy, show's been cancelled, I'm sorry."

He ended with an expletive outburst at Morrissey and said: "F*** you Morrissey, b****."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
If NO MEAT is the condition of Morrissey to sing in a place, being the venue well informed of that with anticipation, it was venue's people obligation to inform with due anticipation to the assistants, both other artists and public, about that circumstance. There's no way Morrissey can be blamed for this rapper's outburst. Seriously.
I agree. He should have forced them to physically remove him or leave him alone.
It's not Morrissey's fault. He has the right to make demands. And it's not this kid's fault. He has the right to demand a certain level of comfort. It is the promoter's fault. They handled this poorly. They could have distracted him by saying representatives from David Bowie's estate are on the phone asking about his merch.
I don't see anything in the story not to believe except that the product placement suggests this was some kind of viral marketing.

Yeah, I wasn't blaming Morrissey.
He made a request. One I respect and I'm a meat-eater.
That request has to have some boundaries.
Morrissey and the venue can debate what those boundaries are.
If they extend to all parts of the building then anyone booked that day needs to be made aware in advance.

I would be curious when the venue had to say about it all but ultimately they probably don't a f*** about any of this.

They got a table in the van.
Why didn't this guy just sit in the van and eat his Bird murder?
Hahaa!
These Phony Rappers got to many excuses for Wild T.

how dare this rapper tuck into one of your cousins.

Gordy, you’re just not funny. maybe you should specify that it’s a joke next time.
840 times people have clicked the funny symbol on my posts so I must be even a wee bit funny.

:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf: Now THAT’s funny!

dentist-you need a crown.
patient-finally,someone who understands me.,,,,,,,,,,now that's funny.

dentist-this will hurt a little.
patient-ok.
dentist-iv been having an affair with your wife for a while now...….now that's funny.

dentist-what kind of filling do you want in your tooth.
boy-chocolate...…..that's a wee bit funny.

It's funny seeing this, I just looked up what he did because I've been listening to him for about 3 years now and you boomers are saying that it's propaganda for alt-white cisgendered buzzwords buzzwords kid and you're saying that he's the one that's f***ed?

It's funny seeing this, I just looked up what he did because I've been listening to him for about 3 years now and you boomers are saying that it's propaganda for alt-white cisgendered buzzwords buzzwords kid and you're saying that he's the one that's f***ed?
Yes? Or maybe no?

There are some on here that berate Morrissey for cancelling a gig. You know who you are! But when some unknown white rapper (which is funny! Wtf does he have to rap about? Being white?) cancels a gig, you're all ok with it...

I think you've completely misinterpreted MIM's point, actually. You said:

This obviously implies that you think eating meat should be someone's personal choice, and we shouldn't "foist" our morality on others, yes? Well MIM argued that:

This means essentially that we should be able to "foist" our position on others if their position has a victim. If someone's position has a victim, they are not justified in holding it.
After all, do you not foist your opinion of racism unto others daily on this site? Why shouldn't people be racist? Just respect that they hold a different position than you. Some people like being racist, don't you know? Etcetera.

Exactly. Which way for UncleSkinny now?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom