Re-release of Everyday Is Like Sunday as single bundle?

Everyday is silencer and grey. Jeez. :p

Re: EDILS re-release appears to be the news

even the "insufferable" part? ;)

Especially the insufferable part.;)

It is just amazing how the relationship between EMI and Moz changed in the last year or so. EMI releasing the two 7" Box Sets and Moz urging all his fans not to buy them talking about royalties and so on : now it has all changed and they go hand in hand. The simple truth,IMHO, is that more than ever they need each other for the sake of both putting everything behind like grown ups do.:p
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_090808_01

Cheers Moz

True point; it wasn't billed as bigger news.... the implication I took from it was probably more that it was news on some other dimension.... If there was a single issue to support the album, why wouldn't that be part of the same news release?? To me this reissue of BD and EDLIS is a joint action; a pairing.. why not reveal them together in one news-drop rather then stringing it out.

Whining? Maybe. But as someone said isn't that one of the many things we fans can do here -- along with celebrating our man's good health and hope for future releases.... I personally had been hoping for bio/book news.. the essay billed as from his forthcoming bio came out quite a while back & I was thinking this timing would make sense.

Whining if you like; I'm just greedily disappointed.

True, very true. Maybe there is more. We can only guess.

He never said the news would be special. True-to-you only said there would be more news. And a re-release of Everyday is Like Sunday with November the 2nd, like it or not, is more news.

November the 2nd might sound dreadful to some people, but I guarantee it's important for collectors, and the 12" test press would sell for thousands of dollars if it ever goes on ebay.

People are always expecting so much.

Next time, just don't expect so much. Just follow some other exciting artist.

Look at the threads about Maladjusted, Southpaw, Smiths 7" singles. It's all a bunch of people whining about the cover, whining about the tracklist, whining about the price. Ugh.

"reissue repackage"? How predictable and insufferable.

I guess Morrissey fans are indeed addicted to being miserable.

I think they're just trying to outdo each other

So, is this the cover then?

morrissey_everyday_is_like_sunday.jpg

So, this bundle? Well, an excess amount of signed copies will be sent out to 'random' people? Good scam to get people to buy the actual recording by tricking them into thinking that they may just have a chance of being sent the music industry's equivlant to Charlie's, Golden Ticket.

Really, the air of uncertainty boils down to whether it can sell, or not, and to make sure they do sell.... They'll give a limit of signed ones out.

Bit needy, innit?

That True-to-You posting confirms that the CD will be two audio tracks and two video tracks. As an aside, the text also confirms that "Happy Lovers" was a Viva Hate-era recording, not as some thought, a Bona Drag-era recording.

Last edited:

He never said the news would be special. True-to-you only said there would be more news. And a re-release of Everyday is Like Sunday with November the 2nd, like it or not, is more news.

November the 2nd might sound dreadful to some people, but I guarantee it's important for collectors, and the 12" test press would sell for thousands of dollars if it ever goes on ebay.

Look at the threads about Maladjusted, Southpaw, Smiths 7" singles. It's all a bunch of people whining about the cover, whining about the tracklist, whining about the price. Ugh.

I think fans were actually expecting this kind of news......

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_071203_01

Cheers Moz

Quite the contrary (well in my case!)

However to watch someone who professes to despising the machinations of the music industry just not embracing the very worst aspects of music industry cash-ins but positively revelling in it is quite pitiful to watch.

They say you should never meet your heroes. I think maybe you should stop taking any notice of them past 45 too.

Its only cos we care that we comment negatively. (Well I do) Watching a once great artist p*ss his legacy away with a multitude of pathetic releases is tragic

My theory is that this single is a bit of a hoop the record label is having Morrissey jump through as part of a larger deal involving a new album in the future. Yes, it seems like an arbitrary choice to all of us who have MP3s of every unreleased demo never mind 10 hard copies of this song, but it's also probably the most popular Morrissey song to the casual listener. I mean, the NFL used a cover of it in a commercial - of course the label is going to want to cash in on that popularity if they can. Morrissey is an artist but he still has to be realistic and work within the constraints of the industry. He's not omnipotent.

Quite the contrary (well in my case!)

However to watch someone who professes to despising the machinations of the music industry just not embracing the very worst aspects of music industry cash-ins but positively revelling in it is quite pitiful to watch.

They say you should never meet your heroes. I think maybe you should stop taking any notice of them past 45 too.

Its only cos we care that we comment negatively. (Well I do) Watching a once great artist p*ss his legacy away with a multitude of pathetic releases is tragic

It's the reissue of a cd single. And a compilation with bonus songs.
I don't see how that's pissing his legacy away.

I don't see what the big deal is.

If he wanted to reissue EVERYTHING with bonus tracks, videos and photos of his grandma, I'd be more than happy.

People are always so quick to say what he should do. He shouldn't walk off the stage because of the bottle, he should wear this, he should play there, he should change the setlist, he should change the lineup, he should collaborate with whoever, he should stop this, start that, he should talk about whatever.

I think he should do whatever the hell he thinks he should do.

it's embarrassing.

:eek: Sounds like... something you' d hear at a funeral!

That's it, with Johnny's zombie fever and this collection of songs that will not die ("songs to end your life" :squiffy:), I'm going to have nightmares now.

I'll be under the bed.

It's the reissue of a cd single. And a compilation with bonus songs.
I don't see how that's pissing his legacy away.

I don't see what the big deal is.

If he wanted to reissue EVERYTHING with bonus tracks, videos and photos of his grandma, I'd be more than happy.

People are always so quick to say what he should do. He shouldn't walk off the stage because of the bottle, he should wear this, he should play there, he should change the setlist, he should change the lineup, he should collaborate with whoever, he should stop this, start that, he should talk about whatever.

Eg f***in zactly

What if all of these re-releases are being done for spiritual reasons. :D

Personally, I am just very tired of reissues. Nowadays , every musician / singer is re-releasing all his previous work for obvious reasons. I would rather wait another 5 years to get a brand new Moz studio album maybe with a live DVD too!
Cheers Moz

What if all of these re-releases are being done for spiritual reasons. :D

...Zombies aren't very spiritual people, CG. :straightface:

To quote Davie, "Shoot the F.cker!" :eek:

I remember the mid-90s... I mostly had a great time myself

Over-saturation and release of shoddy material will lead to another 7 years in (terminal) decline and a niche market playing one-off concerts at the Rita Tushingham Community Centre. Of course the way you speak makes Morrissey sound like just a.n.other pop star. Which I thought he wasn't. And neither did he and probably neither did you. He proclaims he isn't and lo and behold he is.
Have you posted 2,000 plus posts on another artist's message board?

These things are cyclical though. To be honest I have got bigger things to worry about like what am I going to have for my tea but to see someone who you admired from afar milking the remnants of his back catalogue for a fast buck...Personally (and thats personally) I find it pathetic. You don't. We'll all move on.

Tags
already have 15 bundle of joy i've got 26 only 15? reissue repackage x 2 such is life versions of it
Back
Top Bottom